Thread: Stone Forts

Default Stone Forts

The Kingdoms version of SV will include buildable and permanent stone forts. Here's a little preview.

Campaign Map

Battle Map - Middle Eastern

Battle Map - North European

This is all still a work in progress, so the end result may vary.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Default Re: Stone Forts

Wow looks great!

You are one of the first to make them buildable I think.
    Could these now be used to represent some important historic fortifications without using up a province slot now?

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    Wow looks great!

You are one of the first to make them buildable I think.
    Could these now be used to represent some important historic fortifications without using up a province slot now?
    Exactly

I am thinking to make the buildable version very expensive, perhaps 10,000 or so. We want to avoid fort spamming, and make them highly prized.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Nice news SV!!!!!
    - Lorre -

The Sicilian Vespers - MIITW Mods For Late, High, Early Era And Dark Age Campaigns

Excellent!

I would go so far as to make them even 12000 to 15000. It would reflect its expense and the fact that a completely new fortification, such as a castle took up a huge percentage of the treasury. Also the expense would counter that it only takes a click of a button to make a castle fortification.

I was wondering if you would put in some forts as already on the campaign map at the start of the game. Obviously they would be few and far between and would only be done for the most important and historically significant ones but it would make sense that there would already be some stone forts at the beginning of the campaign built by previous rulers.

Here is the price of freedom: Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood,...paid in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliksander View Post
    I was wondering if you would put in some forts as already on the campaign map at the start of the game. Obviously they would be few and far between and would only be done for the most important and historically significant ones but it would make sense that there would already be some stone forts at the beginning of the campaign built by previous rulers.
    Yes, there will definitely be stone forts placed in the descr_strat. Since we are already maxed out in the number of provinces, we will use this to represent additional provinces. I am also addign them in the North Italian mountain passes, so the passes can be properly controlled.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Good to see you start implementing it guys...

+rep SV

But a DETAILED tutorial for the rest of us mortals wouldn't hurt
    ΝΙΨΟΝΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑΜΗΜΟΝΑΝΟΨΙΝ

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantineVII View Post
    +rep SV

But a DETAILED tutorial for the rest of us mortals wouldn't hurt
    I actually did this. Please read my tutorial here...