Thread: Fate of the Teutonic order

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Fate of the Teutonic order

I am wondering what the fate shall be for the Teutonic order come the next incarnation(3.0)of the mod.I thought their inclusion in 2.75 was a legitimite and welcome addition and I hope to see the same carried on here as well(albeit researched to a slightly deeper degree to reflect the current situation of the order in the time span of the mod).for it would be a shame to see the last of the knightly orders fall to the wayside undeservedly when they still maintained so much to contribute to the era.

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Fate of the Teutonic order

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the TO will not be in 3.0, unless we build it up from nothing, complete with unit roster, campaign files, models, textures etc. This is due to copyright issues; the Order was not made by our team, but an other modder (Zepherelial), and he revoked all rights of usage for his creations, permitting only a certain project to use them (if I recall it well, that's Clouds across Europe :hmmm.
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; November 28, 2007 at 02:17 AM.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Wouldn't the best solution for this be to just use Kingdom's Teutonic Order? Porting the mod to Kingdoms wouldn't be the worst idea anyway, at least not from a scripter's perspective.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

yes, that's right!

but kingdom's teutonic order would still need many improvements, but it would be a different feeling to play them in the mod, as the knights only fougth with sords and so they got less pikes and more offensive units....

Still, you guys could use Kingdoms teutonic order.
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

As time goes on with no beta it may indeed be a good idea to present the final product on the Kingdoms.exe .Indeed I recall the rights of the Teutonic order being revoked save for the CAE mod,too bad really,it was well done and a boon for many modders,but the Kingdoms representation of the Order will serve nicely I think.As fas as the roster needing to be changed for the Renaissance era,there should be not much of that necessary,for indeed the core order fought in the old ways,but they were not fools and they saw the changing of the face of war,henceforth they began to rely heavily on the usage of Mercenaries in their waning years(part of the reason for much of the unrest in their regions of control,for this resulted in much heavier taxing upon already over taxed folk)so it would be a matter of ensuring the access to proper merc units in their zones.At the end of the day the decision for wether the order stays or goes is up to the core team and i shall respect that decision without complaint,but know that should it be decided to retain them I shall contribute all I can to their successful integration

but either way,I am of the humble opinion that they should at the very least be added to the mod as Merc or special units for the appropriate factions.but once again,I will respect the decision made by the core team