Thread: A reputation system?

Default A reputation system?

Would it be possible to include a way to penalize player/factions if they expand too quickly? This would represent the general world outlook on the faction. Perhaps the papacy could be given Terraza, and the system would keep track of the factions. Seizing a territory would tarnish your reputation, which would then give ill effects. Sorry I can't get more in depth at the moment, kind of hbeing hurried.
    "Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them made"- Otto von Bismarck

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: A reputation system?

I like this proposal. Perhaps EB may not need it (because it may be hard enough to expand already) but most mods could use such a feature. Wouldn't mind it in EB as well, especially since it reflects the reality.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

this system is already in m2tw i think, everyone teams up against the best. Use an AI mod and diplomacy won´t be so bad anymore. Might be a bit OT but if EB2 would have a better ai, would you guys then give the ai less advantages over the player?

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by eggthief View Post
    this system is already in m2tw i think, everyone teams up against the best. Use an AI mod and diplomacy won´t be so bad anymore. Might be a bit OT but if EB2 would have a better ai, would you guys then give the ai less advantages over the player?
    This is supposed to be in M2TW. I haven't seen it, they keep fighting each other, too. The only "system" is automatic degradation of relations on H and VH. Which has no connection to any AI.

umm why put in a reputation system? i am guessing that would be a script? has anyone looked at this thread and the AI they have hit upon and seen if they can incorporate it into this mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133573