Thread: Console

Default Console

I'm not sure how much of a bug this is, but I cannot get my console to appear in game. I have tried going to the key bindings file and manually adding in the console; that used to work one time only (meaning, it would only work if I manually bound the console before each game), but now that doesn't even change things.

What issue is this? Is there a simple fix to the problem?

Primicerius

Default Re: Console

Well, on my computer the console is the ~ key, above the Tab. Its different for foreign based keyboards (mine's North American). Also, if you have an HP wireless keyboard, the ~ key will never work, its stupid; HP had such a little mistake and never fixed it. If I'm not talking about the right thing, then ignore me, but I think you were talking about the cheat console?

Well, yes. The console uses the ~ key. The console used to work normally in Vanilla RTW and with continual rebinding to ~ in XGM, but now it doesn't work in-game at all. The console doesn't seem to work bound to any other key, either, so I don't know what's up.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

I've never had this problem, but I see there is a keys.dat file in the [Rome]\xgm\preferences folder. Presumably this is generated automatically the first time you run the mod after installation, and it may be generated or modified automatically after that as well. have you tried just copying the keys.dat from [Rome]\preferences\ over the one in the xgm\preferences folder?