Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: (¯`•.{Modern Warfare}.•´¯)

Default (¯`•.{Modern Warfare}.•´¯)

(¯`•.{Modern Warfare}.•´¯)

What is Modern Warfare?

Modern Warfare will be a mod, set during the year 2015. Focusing on the Warfare and Tactics that we use today, The mod will be released for Empire: Total War. You will be to Devastate your Enemies with the latest and most technological advanced arsenal of weaponry the World has to offer.

Please note that I’m not going to start creating this mod until I have a reasonable team behind me to help out. Currently I’m still drawing up Ideas etc so please if you would like to help out please post here or PM me.

Why Empire: Total War?

Well it is a very simple reason. The Game will suit this mod much better than another. For example as CA have stated ‘Your troops will now take cover behind walls, foliage etc’, This will suit Modern Day tactics perfectly. Also with the long wait for this new game to come out, we can begin creating the skins and even some models so hopefully the major part of the modding is complete.

A few WIPS

Map

The Map will cover the Whole World, making all important Nations available, I.e. England, China, USA, Japan, Russia, India etc.

Recruitment

If you are interested and would like to help out in anyway then all you have to do is PM me, with a small Resume. Which must contain the following…

Your name:
    What you wish to do: e.g. modelling, skinning etc

OPTIONAL: Send some of your previous work (This would be a good idea!)

And that’s it. You should then wait and we will confirm with you.

Please Read before Joining

You are welcome no matter your skill, talent or capability. You don’t have to apply yourself full time as the amount of work you do is up to you. You will be expected to commit some of your time, effort, and work towards at least one release client. All positions are non paid. This is a perfect opportunity for you to expose your talents to a large audience that can be cited in your resume and or portfolio.

NOTE: If you create some work we MAY modify it.

What happens if I join?

You will get your name mentioned in the credits, write in your resume and or portfolio that you exposed your talents to a large audience, and you will be able to show off your work to other people

So why not join the team now!

Positions

We will be taking as many people as possible. So don’t worry you are almost guaranteed to be accepted!

Signature

‘Underconstruction’

More to Come soon

If you have any questions, then please ask. Also please post your Ideas, Also please post your Ideas, Suggestions basically what you think about this mod Idea.

Thank You

(¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)
    Last edited by I-Trojan-I; November 24, 2007 at 11:59 AM.
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)
    Creator of Res Gestae Imperiales

english tyrant's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: (¯`•.{Modern Warfare}.•´¯)

sounds pretty cool but why are you announcing this almost a year before empires will probably be released???

'with the long wait for this new game to come out, we can begin creating the skins and even some models so hopefully the major part of the modding is complete.'
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

Wouldn't it be easier to pick a game that already exists and can accommodate mods like this? The first one that comes to mind is 'World in Conflict'.. Definitely a very interesting game and from what I've heard is quite moddable too..

I wish you good luck with this mod, but personally I doubt a Total War title will be able to cope with this theme..

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

The Game Engine should be able to cope with it, its just going to have a lot of work needed to create it. That’s the main reason why I have started early. I do already have a lot of skins created, 'Mainly previous work from CS and Battlefield 2' Which I may use.
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)

Like I said before, hope it turns out we can do this
    Kingdoms Crusade Factions Mod v1.1
    download link
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1725

6000+ downloads still counting.

Kingdoms Crusade Factions Mod v1.0 is my 7th mod, counting 8 so far
    here is the download link.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1721

It should be possible to make and if it is made then what a game it would it be!
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)

It just depends what tools CA gives us......dear god what if they don't want it to be modified, and what if they use different files

lol but thats only in theory
    Kingdoms Crusade Factions Mod v1.1
    download link
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1725

6000+ downloads still counting.

Kingdoms Crusade Factions Mod v1.0 is my 7th mod, counting 8 so far
    here is the download link.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1721

lol everything is moddable just need time to crack it. However CA looks as if they will be helping us out. They have said that they will create a unit editor etc. for the game
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)

Civis

You can get the map all finished.

Hopefully by the time Empire total war is release, most, if not all of the textures for units, buildings, faction icons etc should be complete. Then we can spend time (when the game is released) on the coding etc, basically putting all the stuff into Empire total War. That is why I am going to begin the skinning and building up a team early, ready for the release of what will be a fantastic game!
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)

Seriously, I must ask. Have you ever modded a TW game before? because it seems like you do not understand some of the fundamentals.

First, the troops deploy as static units, which back then was fine, but in todays world, units don't advance in a line or stay grouped together.

Second, the risk style of play will not work in todays world, mainly because it isn't just land grabbing or anything.

Third, judging from M2TW, you don't even know if changing models or textures or buildings or stuff like that is possible in ETW.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Man#3 View Post
    Seriously, I must ask. Have you ever modded a TW game before? because it seems like you do not understand some of the fundamentals.

First, the troops deploy as static units, which back then was fine, but in todays world, units don't advance in a line or stay grouped together.

Second, the risk style of play will not work in todays world, mainly because it isn't just land grabbing or anything.

Third, judging from M2TW, you don't even know if changing models or textures or buildings or stuff like that is possible in ETW.
    Yea, I have modded both Rome and Medieval 2 games, I basically know Rome Total War off by heart. I’m currently at college studding Game design so i have a good grasp and aspect of things. I have also tried modding games like CS and battlefield to improve my skills etc.

1: Yea this is an issue I have been worrying about it however if you read the information released by CA it clearly states 'Your troops will now take cover behind walls, foliage etc’, unlike Rome or Medieval, which will suit the more modern day tactical warfare. Also i will reduce unit sizes hopefully to around 8ish basically a squad.

2: This is why i have decided to put it in the date of 2015 or maybe even later than that, this will enable me to keep the same sort of weaponry we have today etc but make a twist in the storyline lets say perhaps, WW3?

3: All games are moddable, everyone has proved that. If you can make a game it isn’t impossible to change it!

Quote from Totalwar.com

Modding:
    - Modding: we want to give the modders a push in the back by releasing some tools we also work with, with these tools you can as a designer make adjustments without having to harass the programmers, this make these tools ideal for modders. We're not certain yet whether will release these tools with the game itself or put them online after the release of the game.

And just to prove the point i have been making all along...
    Here
    Last edited by I-Trojan-I; November 24, 2007 at 12:50 PM.
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)

I dont know about this i think that it is to soon for a game like this im sure the CA will if not in the next 3-4years start getting closer to our time period in TW games

I doubt this engine will be suited, unless the maps are 10km square
    Remember tanks fire out to much further than 2km and so do LMG and various other weapons. You will have helecopters taking out tanks up to 20kms away or somthin stupid.
    THen you have the problem of simulating the modern mobile warfare situation. Scouting units will not be usefull on small maps.
    Are your men going to lay down at all? I guess some men will in ETW - rifles anyone, so that may be possible. So to may fire and movement be, which troops were trained in during ETWs time period.
    If you wanted to do something like the game close combat, that would be fine. But the ranges in CC were ridiculous. Tanks would not usually close to those ranges in modern warfare, and even if they did, realistically they would be maneivering outside the battlemap to get a good entry point.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Oh, great!
    The whole idea of muskets was hard to deal with, now I have to thin about missiles and planes and mgs? Not to mention, what if your skins aren't compatable?
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Destraex
    I know what you mean by Tanks will be able to fire from a ridicules range, that will be why I am going to make the Range of a tank a little less realistic. Also the tanks will take a long time to reload, this should hopefully stop them from completely annihilating everything and everyone. Also Anti Tank units will more than likely be introduced.

splooge
    No matter what the skins are like you can always change them on the models using the UV layer. The Textures are nothing to worry about, once the game is released its just a matter of switching the Files into whatever file the game will use. Probably the same 'TEXTURE' file as used in medieval.
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)

Drag529's Avatar Tiro

so pretty much its World War 3....sounds like an good idea, cant wait to see how it all turns out...

two qustions here; How would the leaders be chosen, and does the leader effect on how your nation does in some areas (ie, diplomecy with other nation, or military, imformation, etc)
    and what about the United Nation, well u introduce them? personaly it would be kind of cool recive benifits from them...sort of like the Pope...
    lol i have many more qustion and ideas for this but it probly will be dificult as it is already....wish you luck on this project..
    In War Its Dosn't Mater Who's Right, But Instead Whos Left.
    Going Down In Flames

If you have any more questions please ask I’m more than willing to answer.

Also thank you for your interest into this mod.

The UN will more than likely be created. Many people have been asking for this, so I will probably introduce them.

However faction leaders etc, is what I have been also wondering about. Maybe having them as royals? I’m still considering this so I am still not too sure about this topic, so thank you for brining it to my attention!
    (¯`•.{I-Trojan-I}.•´¯)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast