Thread: Did I break it?

Speedy Cat's Avatar Foederatus

Icon5 Did I break it?

Yeah, so I decided to finally install and play EoD and I have to say that it's an awesome mod.
    But that's not why I'm making this thread, I'm making it because I was playing as Spain and it's my first campaign in this mod. I was plugging along up until I got the message about how the anti-christ came of age.
    Now I feel I should mention I had almost a full stack of guys in Rhodes and I kept getting attacked at a constant rate so I decided to attack the nearest Satanae city Athens.
    I started my siege the turn before I got the message about the anti-christ. Next turn comes and I attack Athens when I noticed the officer in Athens IS THE ANTI-CHRIST.
    So nauturally I attack, I win a heroic victroy and he's dead, ect.
    Now, long story short, did I break the game since he's dead and nothing new will happen? Or is a new one chosen?
    I just wanted to ask, and I suppose I wanted to gloat that I accidently killed the anti-christ with a general with one star.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Did I break it?

No you didn't break it, the campaign will still play out even without an Anti-Christ, I can't remember if there will be another born though there won't be another warning if there is. Keep an eye out for Halie Satanus though, he tends to be reincarnated a few times and can be a bit of a handful.

xD Yes, so I've seen. Atleast against the Bhuddists.

Of course my arch-enemy appears to be Admiral Jaafar. Between stealing princesses he likes to sail around and drop troops on Rhodes.

Also, thanks for the quick response :3 I'm glad it won't break the game, I guess the forces of satan will just be really bummed out now.
    Last edited by Speedy Cat; November 24, 2007 at 02:20 PM.

Blog Entries

I guess the forces of satan will just be really bummed out now.
    Nope, you probably just made them angry..

I probably did (I haven't played much since I accidently killed the anti-christ) Unluckily for me Albion decided I was too nice and kind too all my respective christian nations and thought sending a half of a stack of men would make me realise how awesome they were.

It kinda sucks because I only controlled all of modern day Spain and Portugal (Many the prefered them over me? =O) and all of north africa. I never even attacked centeral europe.

I think I'm just gonna fill up some forts and keep them at bay until a claim Rome, because once I take Rome I'm sure all of my alliances will magically break like the AI in any version of RTW loves to do so randomly.

Blog Entries

hehe, depending on what year your at there maybe a nasty surprise waiting in Rome, it won't be as easy to take as you may think...Even if you do take it, it is a major target for the Satanae as well as the other Christian nations, and as your occupying N' Africa I should think either Islam or the Satanae are going to be a thorn in your side on those borders to...

Well the Muslims have been pushed back so that all they control in Africa is Cyrene and Egypt. The Satanae are preoccupied trying to get rid of my infamous anti-christ killing general (Would you believe he got no traits or retinue for that win? He's up to four stars now due to minor skirmishes) who's based in Macedon. (Also Jaafar, after being sunk twice decided the best course of action was to start as a captain! Damn that tenacious jerk D=)

Man this mod is addictive. I just need to stress that I was up until four last night trying out France. I got pretty far (I pushed Albion back into Engerland, so now I'm just sucking up to Germany) and then gave up after the forth seige of my city in Turkey (Can't rember it's name, the one above Antioch.)

Also, I apoligize for how off topic this thread has turned XD

Blog Entries

I've found that EOD gets a second wind when your about fifty years in, factions that may have seemed stuck can suddenly start to steam roll any weak neighbours, this is especially true of the Satanae and the Germanicae, I wouldn't be surprised if the Satanae crush Islam and come knocking on your N' African door at some point, so keep an eye out.

Also, I apoligize for how off topic this thread has turned XD
    No need to apologize, I know the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    No need to apologize, I know the boss.
    =O You do? And who might that be? xD

But yeah, Satanae is a royal pain. They really really love to send full stacks at my cities so I have to sit back a pick away at them with archers and towers until they get discouraged and leave. But that's not even their most annoying trait. They love to send five stacks of one to two galleys at my navy constantly. Every turn I have to skink about three enemy ships. (I never lose to many because I have a half stack of silver+ cheveroned galleys and war galleys under a four star admiral. Still D=)

Of course, I'm not complaining about this, it definetly adds to the challenge and unique feel of the mod. So does how at first you can steam roll down pagans, but when it comes to Muslims/Satanists, you have bide your time and stuff cities full of chrisitian officers until the people get sick of complaining.

And don't even get me started on Carthage DX

General_Zavier's Avatar Civis

Actually I think the Germans are the most annoying. I'll be playing as Albion and they declare war on me and attack me even if I try to keep the peace.

But if I try and take them out before they attack me, they just keep moving forever east. Talk about annoying.
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people.
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR
    WRE Migration Campaign AAR
    The Official RTW Screenshot Competition.

In my french campaign I'm not even bothering xD

My plan is just to destroy everyone else except them and the Bhuddists (Not going to even bother with them for the same reason as the germans) and just bribe them into protectorateship.

Also, I got a man of the hour who then proceeded to charge into the back of some enemy spearmen, kill their general (it was rebels) and die AT THE SAME TIME. Needless to say I was pissed.

Blog Entries

Yeh, playing as Albion the Germanicae are a major thorn, especially when you reach the Greece and want to build up an invasion force to take on the Satanae, only to find a waves of Teutonic knights knocking on your back door...