Thread: Possible bug?

Default Possible bug?

Might have been mentioned in the bug sticky up top but just wanted to make sure. V1.3, as the Mongols... I make a church(or whatever it's called), recruit a pagan priest and the next turn the building turns into an actual church(I think Orthidox) and I can no longer recruit new pegan priest. It does appear that it still makes peganism rise however.

Also on an unrelated note I'm having troubles with my game freezing up. I wrote about it in the "bug" sticky but got no response so I'll try again here:

First I'll tell you how I installed in case that was the problem. I did a fresh install of vanilla MTW2. I then installed 1.2 patch b/c I read somewhere on this section that 1.1 can screw things up. After that I simply installed CAE and played.

My problem is that if I go into building browser then start clicking on buildings and units my game freezes. It doesn't CTD it just simply freezes and I have to manually reboot my computer. There's no rhyme or reason to it either. Any faction, the 1st time I look into my building browser or the 30th.

Anyone else encounter this, any ideas? Thanks!

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: Possible bug?

Quote Originally Posted by superdud View Post
    Might have been mentioned in the bug sticky up top but just wanted to make sure. V1.3, as the Mongols... I make a church(or whatever it's called), recruit a pagan priest and the next turn the building turns into an actual church(I think Orthidox) and I can no longer recruit new pegan priest. It does appear that it still makes peganism rise however.

Also on an unrelated note I'm having troubles with my game freezing up. I wrote about it in the "bug" sticky but got no response so I'll try again here:

First I'll tell you how I installed in case that was the problem. I did a fresh install of vanilla MTW2. I then installed 1.2 patch b/c I read somewhere on this section that 1.1 can screw things up. After that I simply installed CAE and played.

My problem is that if I go into building browser then start clicking on buildings and units my game freezes. It doesn't CTD it just simply freezes and I have to manually reboot my computer. There's no rhyme or reason to it either. Any faction, the 1st time I look into my building browser or the 30th.

Anyone else encounter this, any ideas? Thanks!

The first bug you talk about(Mongol temples) existed in the CAE v1.3 as a bug... However I've updated the CAE v1.3 fixer and included the fix there...

Moreover while changing the hosting site of the mod,I've included that particular fix to the mod... So I suggest either redownloading or more quickly and easily just download and install the CAE v1.3 fixer...
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

OK, will do. Thanks!

Oh and will reinstalling the fixer mess up current games I'm playing now?

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by superdud View Post
    OK, will do. Thanks!

Oh and will reinstalling the fixer mess up current games I'm playing now?
    No it doesn't mess up the saved games.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

didn't want to start a new thread, as my problem is similar to the op's. mine is in Kwarazm (sp?) campaign...it seems that the Imam converts to zoroastrianism, but the Masjid still seems like it is converting to Islam.

the way I came to this conclusion is that before I built the Masjid in Baghdad, my Imam that i trained in Tabriz was converting @ 2% per turn, after I built the Masjid the conversion rate dropped to 1% per turn. (no seljuq or mamluk Imams present)