Page 54 of 201 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4015

Thread: Dragon Age

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Dragon Age

Well, I'm on E8500@3.4ghz, EVGA 750i SLI FTW, 4 gig dominator ddr2@1066 5/5/5/15, 8800gt x2 Sli, a 750w PSU and windows7 64bit. I'm only getting an average 37FPS with everything on high with 4x anti aliasing.

The game looks ok at bad frame rates (around 20) on my laptop, but I expected better than 37FPS for my Desktop hardware.
    Last edited by Shabby_Ronin; November 13, 2009 at 07:31 PM.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Core 2 Duo T8100 @2.1GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 8600M GS, Vista x64.

Yes, they exceed the minimum requirements. There is no demo, except for the "Character Creator", which isn't representative of the actual game...

Is Baldur's Gate worth looking into?

EDIT: It seems that the FPS is lowest when outdoors... I can manage ~15 inside.
    Last edited by Hilarion; November 13, 2009 at 07:54 PM.

Something is wrong then.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Interesting, my laptop has even worse setting yet it runs smoothly.

The game only needs Single Core, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

What are the specs of your laptop? I have a feeling 8600M GS is just a terrible video card...

ETW was basically unplayable and Oblivion also had a much lower framerate outdoors...

It is not a great card, but 10 fps on low is crazy...check your drivers, hard drive fragmentation, background processes etc.

I recall installing BG2 on my 64 bit laptop and it was weird, all super fast or something...or maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booste...-10913645.html is a nice tool for shutting down background stuff easily.

I have a 9700m and I was getting over 20 fps on high/no AA and you have a better processor than me.

the newest drivers for your card http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...6.81_whql.html
    Last edited by Shabby_Ronin; November 13, 2009 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Faucon View Post
    What are the specs of your laptop? I have a feeling 8600M GS is just a terrible video card...

ETW was basically unplayable and Oblivion also had a much lower framerate outdoors...
    I have 8400M GS, even worse than yours.

I don't know, but the configuration asks me to update my graphic card.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I have 8400M GS, even worse than yours.

I don't know, but the configuration asks me to update my graphic card.
    Strange... what resolution/graphics settings is your game on?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Faucon View Post
    Strange... what resolution/graphics settings is your game on?
    Not highest, probably 800 something.

The graphic is not great, but not bad.

I was playing on an T5750@2.0, 4 gigs of ram, 9700m GT, Vista 64 outputted to a 24" monitor@1900x1220 and it was ok.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You can always persuade Alissair to marry Anora, although Alissair is a bastard who do not find that marriage cool.
    So she can go and betray Allistar like she betrayed us before and her father betrayed the King? All of this , hell, even the darkspawn, is due to men trying to rise above their station. "Oh I spread my legs for the King" - , I'm savin the motherfuddin world, I should be made God-Emperor of Man if I wanted to. The Woman is surely as crazy as Cersei Lannister. Not to mention, is it suspicious to anyone else that the King and Queen never had any children? Pretty lil' trophy husband and a beautiful Aryan Queen, he should have been rutting like a boss. I'm betting she made sure she didn't get pregnant in order to maintain any sort of power she had...heck, maybe she's been in on it the whole time?

I've considered it, I can convince Alistar to do so but I don't think I am inclined to.

The only thing keeping me a bit back is that she can and will make the argument that this is a conspiracy to rise a Warden to the Throne. Would that I am able to accuse her back that she is simply playing us against her father because it offers her common filthy ass to rise to the throne. I imagine the support I've got: Arl of Redcliff, Arl whose son I rescued in that human filth's dungeon (which was the most satisfying death I've inflicted in a game.), Arl whose brother/husband I found in the dungeon, proof of working with the nation that murdered blessed Andraste.

I'm reminded of what I read about Persian Mythology, something about how often the best kings are those who didn't want to assume office and that most anyone with a brain didn't want to get involved in Kingly affairs. I feel like freakin Rustam. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    So she can go and betray Allistar like she betrayed us before and her father betrayed the King? All of this , hell, even the darkspawn, is due to men trying to rise above their station. "Oh I spread my legs for the King" - , I'm savin the motherfuddin world, I should be made God-Emperor of Man if I wanted to. The Woman is surely as crazy as Cersei Lannister. Not to mention, is it suspicious to anyone else that the King and Queen never had any children? Pretty lil' trophy husband and a beautiful Aryan Queen, he should have been rutting like a boss. I'm betting she made sure she didn't get pregnant in order to maintain any sort of power she had...heck, maybe she's been in on it the whole time?

I've considered it, I can convince Alistar to do so but I don't think I am inclined to.

The only thing keeping me a bit back is that she can and will make the argument that this is a conspiracy to rise a Warden to the Throne. Would that I am able to accuse her back that she is simply playing us against her father because it offers her common filthy ass to rise to the throne. I imagine the support I've got: Arl of Redcliff, Arl whose son I rescued in that human filth's dungeon (which was the most satisfying death I've inflicted in a game.), Arl whose brother/husband I found in the dungeon, proof of working with the nation that murdered blessed Andraste.

I'm reminded of what I read about Persian Mythology, something about how often the best kings are those who didn't want to assume office and that most anyone with a brain didn't want to get involved in Kingly affairs. I feel like freakin Rustam. It's great.

I believe that is exactly what the plot great about. None of choice has a clear good or evil consequence; Alissar already points out he does not want to be king and willing to give the throne to Anora, while Anora is a power-hungary whore who is willing to betray her father. Now, would you choose an unwilling king or a power-hungary queen?? Tough question.

I believe that is exactly what the plot great about. None of choice has a clear good or evil consequence; Alissar already points out he does not want to be king and willing to give the throne to Anora, while Anora is a power-hungary whore who is willing to betray her father. Now, would you choose an unwilling king or a power-hungary queen?? Tough question.
    Exactly. It's a matter of personal perception and morality which despite our own opinions being able to reach a relatively good and evil conclusion, are still morally ambigious. I knew choosing Alistar alone for King was the best choice, and the treachery of Anora towards everyone (Twice against me, once against her father and if I had promised to support her probably twice against her father and once against me).

It's poignant what she even admits, that he's shown her mercy which she would not have given. I was also sure if Alistar died and she took power that she would have gone and taken revenge on the Arl of Redcliff and myself. You can develop and build on experience, skill and knowledge but morality is not so malleable. Alistar had that morality and potential for growth, Anora did not.

Her father managed to redeem himself in my eyes though, it was sad to have him executed and I actually struggled with whether or not I wanted to have him indoctrinated into the Grey Wardens instead. Were I my actual character I am pretty sure I would have gone with that. Despite all his misgivings, he was interested in what was good for ferelden - unlike his daughter and that devil howe, and quite frankly I can somewhat understand his betrayal of the original King who was a complete and utter fool.

I just finished it and it was probably the best game I've played in something like 3-4 years. 45 hours from a single campaign, more emotionally stirring, entertaining and thought-provoking than anything else I've played. Dragon age made me an apostate to Mass Effect. I'll still play the sequel and enjoy it, but I can really recognize the story and its characters as a poor mans, dumbed down version of the sort of splendor that Bioware is capable of.

Exactly. It's a matter of personal perception and morality which despite our own opinions being able to reach a relatively good and evil conclusion, are still morally ambigious. I knew choosing Alistar alone for King was the best choice, and the treachery of Anora towards everyone (Twice against me, once against her father and if I had promised to support her probably twice against her father and once against me).

It's poignant what she even admits, that he's shown her mercy which she would not have given. I was also sure if Alistar died and she took power that she would have gone and taken revenge on the Arl of Redcliff and myself. You can develop and build on experience, skill and knowledge but morality is not so malleable. Alistar had that morality and potential for growth, Anora did not.

Her father managed to redeem himself in my eyes though, it was sad to have him executed and I actually struggled with whether or not I wanted to have him indoctrinated into the Grey Wardens instead. Were I my actual character I am pretty sure I would have gone with that. Despite all his misgivings, he was interested in what was good for ferelden - unlike his daughter and that devil howe, and quite frankly I can somewhat understand his betrayal of the original King who was a complete and utter fool.
    Lol, ya, she is a 100% whore. I also have no problem to kill Loghain, but I ask Alissar to do it so it would not dirty my hand.

I just finished it and it was probably the best game I've played in something like 3-4 years. 45 hours from a single campaign, more emotionally stirring, entertaining and thought-provoking than anything else I've played. Dragon age made me an apostate to Mass Effect. I'll still play the sequel and enjoy it, but I can really recognize the story and its characters as a poor mans, dumbed down version of the sort of splendor that Bioware is capable of.
    Agree, what choice you choose in the end??

Did anyone else find the last part of the game extremely easy? I had more difficulty killing dwarf bandits than the archdemon. Though I can't say I would have liked to spend hours on end trying to down him.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I have returned, and finished the game so I can read them spoilers...

Good game, but a little overhyped.
    It's as if they didn't go all the way with it.

EDIT: I don't have the exact number, but had completed some 30 % of the entire game.
    What the hell is that other percentage left?
    Endless items and codex's I'm yet to have found?
    Makes no sense.

And, glady I had no crashes or whatsoever.
    Good job on that.
    Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; November 14, 2009 at 07:59 AM.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's side quests and such some are nice and hard while others are short and easy.

for those who have finished the game:

is Lothering the only town that gets taken by the darkspawn?

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yes

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Hey I really need some help on the Circle of magi quest or whatever, im really stuck please read spoiler

Ok so I do the magi mission and Im put into the deep and im in the fade. How the do you get through the flames? I have the mouse form and the spirit form and ive been to all 4 areas outside of the raw fade area and in all the areas ive been hindered by the fire. What am I missing?
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince