Page 5 of 201 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Dragon Age

I am sure it allows character customization. It just needs some sort of mysterious stranger background story that suits any character.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Well from what I understand it will be like in Mass Effect, you can still create your own character(or select the pre-made one) and then you just choose what background this character has, like those 6 above.
    Of course in Mass effect your background only led to 1 quest, hopefully in Dragon age it will have a bigger impact.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

The background stories are lame. I mean, if you play as human you get 2 choices? TWO? A noble and a cliche-mage. Whoopy-ing-doo

Or are there more than 6? I sure as hell hope so...
    My pony jumps ever so high

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Well it is a improvement over Mass effect which only had what, 3 choices.
    And they were worse then these and yet once in the game the background story became more interesting.
    Hopefully it will be the same here.

Lets not forget that the origin story determines your starting location. It has a far greater impact on your experience than in mass effect. A lot of work goes into it.

Renegen's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Lets not forget that the origin story determines your starting location. It has a far greater impact on your experience than in mass effect. A lot of work goes into it.
    I don't believe it though, it's probably more like a 30 minute quest that sets up the different factions and teaches you your unique skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalins Ghost View Post
    I want cocks.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Who can say at this point?

No, it will have an impact on the story, they showed that quite a bit with some movies.

They showed an elven mage and a human noble and let them speak to several people in the same camp. The elf wasnt as welcome as the human noble, which was often made clear.

finally we get to play as a human noble and be part of the warrior elite, not some local yokel farmboy who unrealistically becomes a knight and saves the day.

finally we get to play as a human noble and be part of the warrior elite, not some local yokel farmboy who unrealistically becomes a knight and saves the day.
    Funny actually, Most knights were some random farmboys rather then the nobility, who mostly sat around making random farmboys knightts
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    No, it will have an impact on the story, they showed that quite a bit with some movies.

They showed an elven mage and a human noble and let them speak to several people in the same camp. The elf wasnt as welcome as the human noble, which was often made clear.
    Yeah Im not sold on it yet as actually having much an impact...the scene they showed was similar to what we've seen in BG2, KOTOR, Mass Effect etc...simply different dialog choices/reactions. The one disappointing thing with most of bioware games is you can play the entire game one way and then right before ending sequence you have that last ditch chance to change things completely. Cant stand that If Im an evil bastard the entire game I my ability to become a saint at the end should be limited. I rather see choices matter/build up thru out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by roy34543 View Post
    Funny actually, Most knights were some random farmboys rather then the nobility, who mostly sat around making random farmboys knightts
    Knights were picked from the Gentry(people of high social class).

Lets not confuse it with modern knighthood which holds no meaning at all and is given to all kinds of people for rediculous reasons. They insult true medieval knighthood with that.

people not of noble birth could be knighted, but that was not very common. they would have to really prove themselves. If a soldier would save the life of an important knight in the field of battle it could happen.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This comes as a huge letdown to me.

Read in a sort of preview that the dialogues will be numb.
    Takes away much feeling.

Bioware explanation was understandably that with the great amount of dialogue being implemented, it would be nearly impossible to voice-record all of it.
    With the 6 background stories and all the different paths they can take.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Quote Originally Posted by roy34543 View Post
    Not true at all. Knights were sworn to provide service to their liege, who gave them land in order to pay for a horse, weapons, armor, and training. You don't entrust your land to some bumpkin, you take in the son of a nearby lord as a knight in your service.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

No DRM for Dragon Age!

Hi Everyone,

I have some good news to pass on to you today that answers one of the most frequently asked Dragon Age: Origins PC questions.

We’re happy to announce that the boxed/retail PC version of Dragon Age: Origins will use only a basic disk check and it will not require online authentication. In other words, the retail PC version of the game won’t require you to go online to authenticate the game for offline play. We have chosen not to use SecuROM in any version of Dragon Age that is distributed by EA or BioWare.

Some other cool stuff that we hope you’ll like - we have already launched the Dragon Age toolset beta, which offers developer-grade tools, and we’re looking forward to what fans will create with it. We’ll also be supporting the game with a ton of great downloadable content that will be available for purchase after the game’s release. Together these features will provide some very cool reasons to go online with Dragon Age: Origins.

We’re really excited as we head towards the release of Dragon Age: Origins this fall on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, so keep an eye out for more news as we’ll be providing you with more details shortly.

Stay tuned for more coolness to come
    http://daforums.bioware.com/forums/v...7056&forum=135

Ain't that great news.
    Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; May 05, 2009 at 10:40 AM.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Yeeha

This means I'm gonna buy it for sure now. (just to prove a triple A title can sell without DRM as well.)
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I'm so pleased about that annoucement, read it earlier today. I was hugely disapointed and angry with the DRM in Mass Effect (and annoyingly, EA are only on Steam in NA, so I can't buy that version either). Pleased that I won't have to avoid purchasing because of that crap known as SecuRom.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    This comes as a huge letdown to me.

Read in a sort of preview that the dialogues will be numb.
    Takes away much feeling.

Bioware explanation was understandably that with the great amount of dialogue being implemented, it would be nearly impossible to voice-record all of it.
    With the 6 background stories and all the different paths they can take.
    I detest this misguided notion that all dialogue must be voice recorded. What happened to reading?! (one of the reasons I disliked Mass Effect and the "effect" it had on the genre. Summarized dialogue choices. Oh boy).
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Good news about DRM.

Agreed Pnutmaster, I don't mind reading so long as it's not a waste of my time and knowing Bioware it won't be.