Page 10 of 201 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Dragon Age

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    Electronic Arts huh?
    Guess I won't be buying the game , those s will never get my money again!
    *Shakes fist*

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    who cares about the console versions even? the game was designed for the PC.

I rather see the console versions cancelled so they can spend more time on the PC version where it belongs, and which was the plan at first before they made a pact with the devil (EA)
    Even though, if it was JUST the PC version it probably would have been delayed anyways to iron out the bugs since it's Bioware we're talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    Electronic Arts huh?
    Guess I won't be buying the game , those s will never get my money again!
    Just because the game was delayed? You should be glad the game was delayed anyway since EA usually never allows this to happen which is why they have a great number of games that have a lot of bugs. Anyways, I guess it's your loss.
    Last edited by The Black Reaper; August 08, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

November eh?
    That means it will interfere with Modern Warfare and the likes.
    IW should release MW2 in October then and we'll be ready for Dragon Age when it comes out!

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Reaper View Post
    Just because the game was delayed? You should be glad the game was delayed anyway since EA usually never allows this to happen which is why they have a great number of games that have a lot of bugs. Anyways, I guess it's your loss.
    No not just because it was delayed, its because of EA.
    I can understand delays, I respect the decission of the game producers should they delay it and if the game is good enough I'll wait a year longer if I have to.
    But those are making me furious, look what they did to spore, cut it up into bits and pieces just to sell every single piece of it for max profits . While even putting that horrid SecuRom in there that hurts the customers more then it does to the pirates (who always find a way to delete it completely from the game, lost effort if you ask me).

But it won't be my loss, I was just as excited about a game like you guys are now with Dragon Age: Origins, I got let down badly and lost my faith in EA completly, and I'm pretty sure it will be the same story here.

I say EA should just stick to sports games, they won't be able to mess those up and what they have been cranking out the lasts couple of years was a lot of fun (MADDEN 2008 ).
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I am sure that EA would not be so stupid as to interfere with Bioware's work. Bioware knows a lot more about making games than EA, and made games far more succesfull than EA could ever hope to produce themselves. I am not talking about what they publish, they did not make that after all, and I am also not talking about the franchises started by someone else such as C&C and the sims since they are not theirs. they are just trying to get rich over their carcass.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In bioware we trust
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Damn, this thread was back at the 6th page of the Circus before I found it. Not good.
    Time for some minor news.

Tim Curry is in!

Gamespot have a small behind the scenes video on voice acting.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/drago...o/6216442?hd=1

Also a character generation image
    Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; August 29, 2009 at 01:03 PM.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Face looks a little weird but furthermore thats a very good character model. Shapely but not overly so.

Renegen's Avatar Senator

A bit sparse there, 3 races and 3 classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalins Ghost View Post
    I want cocks.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Looks all good to me. Btw I like her armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegen View Post
    A bit sparse there, 3 races and 3 classes?
    I doubt many people would play classes other than Elf, Dwarf, and Human (I know I wouldn't). Maybe some of the hardcore fans but not mainstream gamers.

For classes: With the right leveling system, you could define your class better than if you had chosen one at the start. I'm sure the game will allow for warrior classes to level up mage skills and vice versa for mages. I think the 3 classes are merely jumping off points for what you want your main character to be based on
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Your class will be further defined through the game at a later point, something like a sub class. they are very secretive about this though.

Three races is fine, dont forget they give the character's race, class and origin a lot more attention through the game.

Guards might curse at your elf commoner when she passes by since elves are seen as a lesser race, and the same guards might greet and bow a human nobleman if he passes by.

In this case less is definatly more. I rather have this than have 20 races with few reactions from the world towards it.

The three races and starting careers have an hour's worth of play.

Human noble story-

http://dragonage.bioware.com/hero/human_noble

Dwarf rogue story-

http://dragonage.bioware.com/hero/dwarf_commoner

Elf town-dweller story-

http://dragonage.bioware.com/hero/city_elf
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

there are 6 stories in total, and origin and class are selected seperatly.

Although I figure that human mage is restricted to the mage class since it makes sense.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

tbh dragon age looks really dull, and the only reason i am praising it is becuse of i know the history of its makers...
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

Is it game like Morowind and Gothic ,I mean size of your chars ?
    Or is it ......not?
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

Bioware's worlds are not that open, they allow some freedom but the main storyline is the most important part. Expect Dragon Age to be as open as similar Bioware titles.

Yep, generally Bioware makes extremely linear games focusing much more on the story and character development then exploring, adventuring, and looting. Usually they do the story and character development incredibly well though so it's a good trade off. However I believe I remember an interview where they talked about certain areas in the game being more open and explorable then what you see in most of their games, ala the planets in Mass Effect. Have to see if I can dig that interview up.

As for the delay talks earlier in the thread, personally I'm not sure how much bug fixing there actually was considering this game had an original release date of Q4 2007.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I wouldn't call their games extremely linear. The stories are linear but the worlds are usually fairly open, not so much as bethesda games, but similar to other western RPG's. There are branching sidequests and optional dungeons/locations in all of their games.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

They usually give you a region to explore and take quests like a town or city and its surroundings, and then you move to the next chapter which offers the same idea.

the explorable worlds of Mass Effect are a good idea to expand on this, it simply needs a lot more development. If the planets received a few weeks of exclusive attention to them they could have added a lot to the game, especially if another part of the team would work on a better vehicle to use on such a planet.

I really see a lot of potential in it, and I am sure that Bioware will realise that potential more and more with each new game.