Thread: Apologies!

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Apologies!

Apologies for my lack of presence of this board lately. Let's see:hmmm:...

1] My mother was in town from California last weekend for four days...

2] It's likely that I will need to find new employment sooner rather than later, so my primary focus has been on that. Haven't had time to work on this mod as that's, honestly, on the bottom of my list of things-to-do.

3] Don't want to say I've burnt myself out, just real-life intruded at a point anyway when I realized I have a lot of work left to do on the next version. I've been working on these new factions almost single-handedly for almost three months. 'tis a lot of work. 'tis only one me.

4] Two words...Europa Barbarorum! I never played a Total War game prior to M2TW...so missed out on all the prior versions. But my word EB 1.0 is amazing! Damn nigh perfect. I started a Pahlava campaign the other day and can't stop. All cavalry armies are fun! Plus, it's a lot more satisfying/realistic to me to conquer huge swathes of land in this time period, than it is to carve out an French empire stretching from the British Isles to Iberia in medieval times....less guilt

So bottom-line, mod's not dead. Just haven't had time to work on it this past week and half or so.

Cheers!

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Apologies!

Good to see you back m8 and I agree EB 1 is awesome
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Good to see you back m8 and I agree EB 1 is awesome
    I conquered Persepolis and spend like 15 minutes reading all the wonderful traits my general got and all the building descriptions and just generally basking in the glory of conquering the old Persian capital! Good times!

Oh yeah, as I'm off to purchase last minute odds and ends for tomorrow, let me say to all you Staters - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Cheers!

Welcome back! I was worried one of my favorite mods was dead. I have been having an amazing Kievan Rus' campaign on the kingdoms version. I cant wait for the next release!

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Bahahaha, while waiting for the next version. I too started to play EB1.0, I've finished the Romans and currently playing the greeks.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Apologies for my lack of presence of this board lately. Let's see:hmmm:...

1] My mother was in town from California last weekend for four days...

2] It's likely that I will need to find new employment sooner rather than later, so my primary focus has been on that. Haven't had time to work on this mod as that's, honestly, on the bottom of my list of things-to-do.

3] Don't want to say I've burnt myself out, just real-life intruded at a point anyway when I realized I have a lot of work left to do on the next version. I've been working on these new factions almost single-handedly for almost three months. 'tis a lot of work. 'tis only one me.

4] Two words...Europa Barbarorum! I never played a Total War game prior to M2TW...so missed out on all the prior versions. But my word EB 1.0 is amazing! Damn nigh perfect. I started a Pahlava campaign the other day and can't stop. All cavalry armies are fun! Plus, it's a lot more satisfying/realistic to me to conquer huge swathes of land in this time period, than it is to carve out an French empire stretching from the British Isles to Iberia in medieval times....less guilt

So bottom-line, mod's not dead. Just haven't had time to work on it this past week and half or so.

Cheers!
    Enjoy EB mate, and since you are playing Pahlava, sack Alexander's Tomb for me (when you conquer Alexandria)
    Last edited by merlinuscdxx; January 06, 2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: the Thread Necromancer strikes again mwuahahahahah

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Nice to see that you are still on the trail. Standing ready for many mods to release or update and yours is at the top m8.

cheers
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post
    Nice to see that you are still on the trail. Standing ready for many mods to release or update and yours is at the top m8.

cheers
    Thanks, mate! BC's at the top of my list, then back to EB 1.0, and I never tried Roma Surrectum either! Then maybe I'll try my own mod out!

Seriously, we're getting close to the next release. Beta testing begins this weekend...so yeah, let's cross our fingers and hope this beast is released soon!

Cheers!
    S_I