Thread: Slavs

Default Slavs

Hi. I started a game as the slavs, and it seems imposible to survive. Within the first 2 turns my 2 southernmost cities get sieged i take the one stack of troops that i have and attempt to fight off one of the hun forces but their troops are just much better, so they take both cities, im losing money even though i hardly have any troops and the huns keep coming. I could use some advice on how to play the slavs. Escaping to scandinavia right off the bat seems like an option, but i would prefer to stay on the mainland.

Another thing what dificulty provides the best and most realistic gamplay? i ussually do vh/vh.

Btw great mod, beautifull map.
    Last edited by kozakk; November 20, 2007 at 12:59 PM.

Default Re: Slavs

Hi kozakk

Quote Originally Posted by kozakk View Post
    Hi. I started a game as the slavs, and it seems imposible to survive. Within the first 2 turns my 2 southernmost cities get sieged i take the one stack of troops that i have and attempt to fight off one of the hun forces but their troops are just much better, so they take both cities, im losing money even though i hardly have any troops and the huns keep coming. I could use some advice on how to play the slavs. Escaping to scandinavia right off the bat seems like an option, but i would prefer to stay on the mainland.
    The Slavs in the 432AD campaign are extremely difficult to play. The reason for this is historically the Huns empire was almost at its peak and included in it were the Slavic lands. So having them in the game at this time puts them at a terrible disadvantage for they are confronted by a huge aggressive empire. There are a few things I can suggest...
    463AD Campaign
    1. play them in the 463AD campaign..They have a larger empire and the huns have dissipated as a great faction thus leaving a void in that region.

432AD Campaign
    1. become a protectorate: This is what the Slavs historically did to maintain their culture.
    2. Expand into Scandinavia: This is to increase your econ
    3. Watch and wait for signs of Hun deterioration: Its very hard for the Huns to maintain their empire. There will be rebellions(several I scripted)
    4. Take advantage and grab rebellious lands when its time.
    No one likes to become a protectorate but in this case its probably the only choice.

Another thing what dificulty provides the best and most realistic gamplay? i ussually do vh/vh.
    For the campaign I think it depends on the civ your playing and how familiar you are with the game. but I think battles should always be fought on at least hard for realism.

Btw great mod, beautifull map.
    Thanks....Map(and the many things that go with it) is by Ice Torque.

Feel free to ask any questions
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 20, 2007 at 01:46 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod