Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plans about the campaign

Default plans about the campaign

well i did find out in some post that you wont be able to add more settlements i was just curiouse will the map be bigger or smaller?are you going to change it at all?
    i have been told that you may add new factions now having a better engine and stuf are you going to add any body or are you going to erase a faction?
    about religion hum i douuno if religion had such importance back then altho i do think making like festivals or relgiouse secrefise in settelments a good thing what are ya going to do with the cruse/islam/pope system?i relly think changing it to colture like the did in the britania campagin in kingdoms would be alot better.
    guys lol hum traders/sort of druids/prists will they be add?
    and finaly will you have sort or clans or orders?

yura

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: plans about the campaign

The province amount will be the same, but the map will be larger (in scale, not area covered). There is talk of moving some less important provinces to other places, such as places new factions will be.

There are 10 new factions available for M2TW and EB2 plans to make use of them. There won't be any EB1 factions removed.

Culture will be used in the place of religion.

Most likely the pope system will be gone, but there are some ideas for the crusades/jihad system.

Agents still haven't been decided. Most likely priest/imams will be out due to the fact EB2 intends to have very slow conversion rates and these guys will throw that off.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

will troops require a certain amount of culture to be recruited then?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Culture will be used in the place of religion.
    Not necessarily.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Not necessarily.

Foot
    Funny thing is, I originally had 'probably' in that sentence but took it out just before posting...

you dont have to remove the priest maby then can you know influence colture or maby huh be a part of your seacret new jihad/crusade system?lol

a question about the factions will you add ethiopia and a cupple of new factions in africa?
    lol and well maby a georgian/slavic faction?

last question how about the number of units you can make is it the same of are we gonna see some new other units?

Icon3 Re: plans about the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Yura92 View Post
    a question about the factions will you add ethiopia and a cupple of new factions in africa?
    lol and well maby a georgian/slavic faction?

last question how about the number of units you can make is it the same of are we gonna see some new other units?
    The inclusion of Kush/Meroe is being fiercely debated in the other forum, but the team has so-far stated that they are absolutely out. The reasons cited for this are that they never attempted serious expansion on the EB map (although I am not so sure about the south), their unit roster would be very limited, and they could not be done justice without sacrificing a culture slot (to give them black portraits and so on) and there are already too little culture slots as it is. A Numidian faction may be added, and possibly Cyrene, but that's it for African factions.

I can't answer the Georgian question, but I doubt we will see the Slavs.

Unfortunately, the number of units that can be added is unchanged. However, the mod is not at the limit yet (they are very close, though).

what about Axum
    How great is he who gains the world but loses their soul? :hmmm:

The Aksumites were a people formed from the mix of Kushitic speaking people in Ethiopia and Semitic speaking people in southern Arabia who settled the territory across the Red Sea around 500 BC. The Aksumites lived in the Ethiopian highlands near the Red Sea, and so enjoyed a strategic position in the trade routes between Yemen (in the south of the Arabian peninsula) and the cities of Nubia. They spoke a strongly Semitic language and wrote in Semitic characters; Ethiopia, in fact, has one of the longest continuous literate traditions in Africa.

We know very little about the early Axumite kingdom. Roman and Greek sources indicate that an Axumite kingdom was thriving in the first century AD; the city of Adulis is frequently mentioned because it had become one of the most important port cities in Africa.
    How great is he who gains the world but loses their soul? :hmmm:

Citizen

Axum would be have an area of influence that included areas outside the map. Plus, they weren't very powerful or expansionistic, so they are easily represented by rebels.

rusina's Avatar Domesticus

could u guys tell what you're planning with crusade/jihad system?

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

maybe a conquer-campaign of the romans ...
    or a legendary hero arrives (like alexander ect) and than the faction can start a
    legendary war or something else like this ...
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Magnus View Post
    or a legendary hero arrives (like alexander ect) and than the faction can start a
    That would be awesome.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Crusades could be used to simulate republican army. You could only recruit light troops in towns and a legion could only be recruited with the permision of the senate (pope).

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by kelvintyk View Post
    That would be awesome.
    Then rep me^^
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Magnus View Post
    that would be awsome but mate thats just like the worriors in the kingdoms system emarging...
    there should be something with thoese system like the senate...like all greek towns[or states with greek colture]will be able to call of a special united war they can join and the celts like a war cry thing...i douuno mate but something...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Invictus View Post
    Crusades could be used to simulate republican army. You could only recruit light troops in towns and a legion could only be recruited with the permision of the senate (pope).
    mhh..that can be nice like say after the army joins that call they would be able to like recruit special units in the area of italy but...i think it would be better that you would devide rome into parts again

We won't divide Rome into families as it was in vanillar RTW, this is about as ahistorical as you can get, and whilst it did make for interesting gameplay toward the end of the campaign, it was otherwise a bit pants.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

If only the engine could allow a civil war...that would rock

Citizen

The problem with allowing civil wars is that it takes a faction slot. And since the Romans weren't the only ones with civil war problems, it wouldn't be fair to give them two factions and not others. If civil wars were added, it would probably mean no new real factions. Thus, civil wars will not be in EB2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast