Thread: Protecting my greek empire

Default Protecting my greek empire

Hey you guys when i was greek cities i halted brutii by puting forts in every entrance they could ever take even up greece (but ofcourse not the shorel ine) but i have lots of trireme and i took over thrace the shoreline of black sea, Anatolia, Mesopotamia Babylon Syria Phoenicia and Alexandria and Memphis is my fort gonna hold on for long cauz most of the troops their are Spartan Hoplites and the Rest Armoured Hoplite and Dacia Brutii and Scythia and Scipii(took most of Africa) and some juliii to from the upper left but it seems to hold on, i killed most of the generals atackin me by using the most unlikely source the assassins yessss about 75% of my assassins did a good job and i only lost 4 of them i have a total of 10 assasins across my empire

and i im only expanding it in russia killing the scythia

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Default Re: Protecting my greek empire

Ehhhh whats the point of this thread?
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

y halo thar

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

lol
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

:sparta:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

auch. Spammy.

I wonder how much until this thread gets closed.....

hi spykid55, can i see a screen of the map of your empire how it is now? (hurry cause this is gonna be closed soon!!!!...........oooooo to late^^) no really i would like to see
    One land, One king

Proud member of the SPQR TW community

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

THIS IS SPART...SPAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Valerius Tiberius View Post
    hi spykid55, can i see a screen of the map of your empire how it is now? (hurry cause this is gonna be closed soon!!!!...........oooooo to late^^) no really i would like to see

Same...

I dont know how to save pictures and all roman factions r attackin me
    which do oyu think should i hit first?

SPQR...take Rome..

Thx but i there r huge armies outside my borders though and di have to earn money first i ahve 13000 denarii

My problem is...i always have too much money on vh/vh :S

So corruption grows...

How do you get so much money and most of my city states in turkey gives negatives?

I can show you few screenshots if you want.

NobleNick's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by spykid55 View Post
    How do you get so much money and most of my city states in turkey gives negatives?
    Uh oh, this could be your problem. I hope you are not NOT taking cities because you think they will drain your treasury.

Time for a bit of RTW economy 101: Cities never lose you money. Those negative numbers mean almost NOTHING unless you know almost as much about the game as the developers of the game. The number is the positive money which a city gives you, minus the upkeep of your military, prorated over that city's share of your faction's population. Say what? If you did not understand that, than just understand this: Cities always gain you money. Get more of them. Get all the negative numbered cities you can get. The more cities you get and the less military you have, the less negative your large cities' numbers will be. But, I repeat, every city will always generates a positive cash flow. If you spend more on military upkeep than the city generates, well, that is a separate problem.

Get more cities. You will notice that when you get a city, that the "income" number (which is really income minus military burden) for every OTHER city will get more positive. That is because the military burden is spread out over a higher population, because your new city just added to your faction's population. The other cities now have a smaller percentage share of the total population, so their prorated share of the military burden went down.
    Last edited by NobleNick; November 21, 2007 at 02:54 PM.

If you have 5 cities and 2000 soldiers and 50000 population .

In 1 city you got 20000 , in other 10000 , in 3rd 10000 and in other too 5000.

City with 20000 prodcues most money but it also PAYS most for army upkeep due to big population. Its number will be show in negative.

When it is negative it n fact allows your other cities to PRODUCE money as they dont have to pay upkeep.

And ow yeah Antioch Memphis and Sparta are Overflowed with Hoplites and i have full Spartan and Armoured hoplites in forts around greece

Is that bad?if it is how could i solve this i want ot siege Italy but all the other factions on my left are against me