Thread: Importing campaign map from another mod..?

Default Importing campaign map from another mod..?

Hi all...

I really liked Darth mod but its campaing map is not nice one IMO.

However,XGM has very good, large campaign map.

Is there any way to import campaing map from XGM to Dath mod?:hmmm:

Thanks in advance..

Default Re: Importing campaign map from another mod..?

I`m not sure what maps they use, but if there are significant differences between them( and I assume there are) it means alot of modding. You`d have to relocate every army, character and resourse on the new map. Also maybe redraw the regions in map_regions. There`s no way to simple import it...

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Importing campaign map from another mod..?

Actually, it would be bad but not horrible. You wouldn't have to change the map at all, but you'd have some heavy text editing to do.
    You could probably get away with just copying the map files as well as descr_mercenaries, descr_regions and descr_stat of the appropriate campaign folder into your darthmod campaign folder. You'd need to change the descr_mercenaries file so that the units in the file were all listed in the darthmod EDU. The descr_stat file would need a fairly major overhaul, you'd need to use the original darthmod descr_stat as a guide and give the territories in similar areas to the correct factions, as well you'd need to make sure, again, that only units from darthmod EDU are listed in descr_stat. You also need to update the descr_regions file so that the correct factions started as the region owners, and depending if darthmod uses religion, you'd need to eliminate the references to religion in descr_regions

I'm sure there are a few other things you'd need to do, but that would be the basic stuff.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein