Thread: Barbarians

Default Barbarians

Hey the wierdest thing happened

i was Britain and i covered the northern map and spain i halted the advance of the julii and still struggling with the brutiis and the scipii just takin over africa then the WIERDESR THING HAPPENED i wanted to end rome i have 3 armies with full soldiers the 50/50 the three armies that i have half chosen swordsmen and 1/4 of head hurlers and 1/4 of chariot archers

i was only against brutii julii and SPQR but neither of them has full army i killed most of them in the shock charge then my head hurlers welllllllll hurling head then suddenly 340 chosen swordsmen were routin and a dramatic loss of troops i had the three armies were reduced to 1 army and in that one army was 62 soldiers

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Default Re: Barbarians

That sux bad man.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Primicerius

British infantry is most definitely sub-par morale-wise, at least compared to the Romans. Once one routs, they all go. The reason the Brits can win is there chariots.

it also happned when i was Gaul chosen sworsdem arent really that good at morale even though i did warcry it only last less than a minute but this didnt happened to me when i was german cauz they re good. And can you give me tip so that i could lose my British Empire is Shrinking the romans attack my cities 1 per turn and rome is recovering

wats d best british trop to beat the romans?

here is my problem at sieging rome

if i did to much footmen most will route

if i did to much chariots less footmen can make it over the wall

if i use 3 whole armies the other factions help and BOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i lost by a landslide

trying chariots. if1 you use them, do not double click on the target. if you do, the chariots will go into the middle of thet unit, sop and get bogged. Instead, double click on an area that is safe behind the target and your chariots will mow through

here is my problem at sieging rome

if i did to much footmen most will route

if i did to much chariots less footmen can make it over the wall

if you are going to skimp on footmen (chariots are sucky in sieges battles) then just let the snemy come out of the walls. target one unit so that it will rout. when they rout they will run back inside the city. have a cavarlry unit follow them back in (you might want to use chariots or fast infantry) assumming there are no enemy units near the walls at the gateway, the gateway will be captured. if not run your units that got inside to another gateway and capture that.

if i use 3 whole armies the other factions help and BOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i lost by a landslide

when barbarian units rout, it is my assumption that they lower the morale of other units more then others. that is barbarian units have a greater negative morale penalty then civilized units, with the possible exception of EI. this causes a massive chain rout. (eventually, your impetuos units will rout also)
    so if one of your units rout and another is also in a bad situation, its basically doom for you. bring in generals with high morale bonuses.

y halo thar

Thxll try but i also need footmen to siege rome though

Head hurlers are best anti roman army.
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

YEAAHHHHHHHHHhh i cant believe that head damages more than arrows and slingshots

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by spykid55 View Post

Light Chariots, Heavy Chariots, and especially Head Hurlers. But you'll also want to supplement that army with some Chosen Swordsmen to keep the Roman infantry at bay while your Head Hurlers discharge those super-powered skulls.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

A stroke of luck came while rome is rebuildin i attacked them again but other faction focused on enlargin the empire i only have 1 army with 1/4chosen swordsmen 1/4chariot 1/4head hurlers and 1/4 chariot archer and i think amd some warband(for takin shock charge) i used sapping to make it in and you know while rome was rebuildin the army as almost ful but its inly full of early lagionary cohorts
    and one general 1 killed most of them in the last 2 great battles i had with them they had 4 generals one is 5 star and the rest 2 star but only one 2 star general is left so the cohorts went out i waited for them to get far enough not to get hit by arrows in the tower in the wall i charged them with my chariot i did warcry with my my warband held in then my chosen warrior charge 4 troops routed my hurlers hurled their head instantly killing 5 soldiers per volley and chariot archers mowing and sniping routin ones then after a battle of 340 roman soldiers and 250 british i oneeeeee im only left with a 6 star general and 40 head hurlers each and a slightly damaged chosen warriors no more warbands and a few chariots and chariot archers a saved the game went to school hoping for a plan to defeat siegin romans with xtra large and strong armies iwas planning lots of head hurlers at the top of the wall and chariots at eacch side inside the wall to run over any eneies breakin through and ofcourse some swordsmen to in the walls

BUT IM WORRIED THERE R MORE TO THE ROMANS THAT MEETS THE EYE ONE DAY THEY MIGHT AMAZE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by spykid55 View Post
    YEAAHHHHHHHHHhh i cant believe that head damages more than arrows and slingshots
    They are covered in lime .

hahahahahaha maybe they will make a warrior with a stick with a head on the end that would be deadle scary and gross