Thread: Question to BC forumgoers!

Default Question to BC forumgoers!

Hey BC fans, I've got a question about mods for you.

I reinstalled Med2 and want to get some Middle East action going to hold me off for the next few months, but I don't know which mod to go for. In your experiences, which mod has done the best job on m.e. Islamic factions?

Please don't bash any mods! I asked here because it seems BC forum regs are well versed in this sort of thing (duh) and we here are pretty kind.

Default Re: Question to BC forumgoers!

I obviously haven't played The Long Road, Stainless Steel and Deus Lo Vult (the three bigger mods out these days) so I can't say anything about them. However, Darthmod has modifications that make the Islamic factions stronger. Their garrisons and armies are much larger due to a free upkeep for all Muslim foot-soldiers.

Of course, BC is on a different dimension and scale altogether.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Actually i dont know about any mod at all that has REALLY gone deep to mid east factions. There is none afaik like BC. BC is the *one*
    But bah, what would I know about there being no mod at all.
    I would recommend crusades campaign in Kingdoms expansion though, if you havent played it yet
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

The long road adds a lot of Islamic factions, such as Syria and the Kwars.

The problem with that mod is that it takes FOREVER!

the game lasts for like 900 turns but it takes like 8 turns to build dirt roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix_120 View Post
    The long road adds a lot of Islamic factions, such as Syria and the Kwars.

The problem with that mod is that it takes FOREVER!

the game lasts for like 900 turns but it takes like 8 turns to build dirt roads.
    Yeah I really cant stand mods like that...after all the vast majority of us have to "work", and you can only take so many sick/fake jury duty days without rasing suspisions I have never even managed to reach 1450 in Vanilla!

On topic tho, DLV adds some swordsmen units to Islamic factions but they are just using the Hashasin skins and look rather out of place IMO, How ever it does feature a pretty damn good reskin of the vanilla turks, making them much more colourful.
    Last edited by Gallowglass; November 16, 2007 at 01:18 PM.
    BROKEN CRESENT NUT
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh..

Stainless steel is one that I recommend. I love playin with Egypt and Turkey (let's you teach those Templars a thing or two, lol).

Yah I play SS alot, and it does add some new skins, shields, banners, units to the islamic factions. However its not that much different from the vanilla ones.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Well I've found a mod to get addicted to that doesn't focus on Islamic factions, but thanks anyway.

Ok so I've got another ignorant question I've I really wanted to set up a mod folder to play all these different ones as well as fool around with the files and such. How did you all go about doing it?

I just copied over my vanilla directory, could you just do that every time you want to install a mod?

I'm thinking about stainless steel, until BC comes out.

Indefinitely Banned

You can have multiple mods on the same M2TW copy. So it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, as mirage said, most mods use the mod-switch option. I am 100% sure Stainless Steel and Sicilian Vespers use it.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Once KK finishes up the Khwarizmis in the next Stainless Steel, I'm fairly sure he'll be the pre-BC Islamic faction champion.

Indefinitely Banned

Yeah, he did a really good job on his Khwarezmians. Definitely an Islamic addition that was worth the time and fits the whole scheme of things without taking away from the European focus. Personally I always felt that M2TW should have been from Europe to middle Persia - and thats just what KK did.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Yeah, as mirage said, most mods use the mod-switch option. I am 100% sure Stainless Steel and Sicilian Vespers use it.
    I'm just a little uncertain when it comes to considering mini mods for larger mods as to how that works. I know there's a medmanager and retrofit mod that handles the switching, but I guess I'm not sure if I should use those or just make multiple folders and then do I need to make additional multiple folders within the multiple folders for the mini mods? Oh well sorry for asking this here I really should be in the mod community forums with these questions.

No it's ok here, though I don't know an answer.

I think a Mini mod tends to be part of the mod itself, so you'd need a folder for the mod without any mini mods, and another folder for the mod with it.