Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS Grand Campaign [estrategy and save games]

Default Re: SS Grand Campaign [estrategy and save games]

Alright I think this is going to be my focus once we start up the Campaign.

Its 1230 and we are in a position not of strength, but not of weakness either. I will guide us thru our infancy as an Order, and with your guidance build a strong foundation in which we will conquer the pagan and orthodox east. Our power will eventually draw the attention of our jeleous catholic brothers, so we must be on gaurd always. We dont want to end up like those poor Templar bast@rds will in about 77 years.

Ive taken it upon myself to make a few changes for the sake of getting this campaign going, besides Ataegina's mini mod (which is pretty sweet so far) Ive deleted the gaggle of clergy and given us a unit of Order Spearman. Ive changed the turns per year from one to two, for more accurate aging and more turns for all of our players. As well as editing the descr_character to add movement points to all, but mostly to agents. I hope these will be acceptable for all, as it improves gameplay imo. I will release these two files at the bottom of the post. To be plaid on VH/VH with large unit settings.

Ive decide, taken advice from a few of our compatriots that ambushushing the Lithunians is our best chance of gaining territory that isnt a boat ride away. Which Ateagina and a few others have pointed out that keeping a navy even of 2 ships will cost us close to 500 a turn and that would push us over the edge financially. I will let Denmark and Russia occupy themselves with those three rebel provinces. While we build our strength beating up on pagans they will be battling each other for provinces that will be ours in the long run. After succesfully taking Vilinius, a little over a quarter of my term, I will continue to destroy Lithuania to give us 2 castles and 2 cities to build our empire upon. This will strecth our defenses for the remainder of my term, as I will not declare war on a Catholic faction and in most cases only defend our postions, unless those Poles leave there Castle south of Konigsberg open for counter attack. As for Russia I will try to keep them friendly towards us with trade trights for as long as possible, a war with them is not what I want during this early period, but we may be at war with them before my term is up.

As for building I plan to expand our economy thru out. To build up our treasury and improve settlement growth. That means a port and farms to get us to the next wall level, which treasury willing I will build asap.

Our diplomat will head south to Poland, from there to HRE, France, Denmark, and Norway, maybe even England if they have landed on normandy by this time. Then return home to Konigsburg to head to Hungary, Kiev_Rus, Byzantium, Venice, Milan, The Pope, and then Sicily. Honestly I will talk to anyone I can to get trade rights from everyone. As far as Alliances I plan on getting one from Poland, HRE, Hungary, and The Pope. I dont think we should get to many as our reputation will start to suffer from our allies going to war and us decideing which side to side with. I have yet to decide what to do with the merchant we get. I would like to get him to the Gold in southern Hungary, but Im sure he will be a two bag merchant and we will end up losing him and the 550 florins it costs to get him. So I may wait until we can truly afford to get into the merchant wars.

So without further ado and/or any objections here are the two files I was talking about and we are writing our own history.

EDIT: Just saw that Chalapaku's Map Mod is out and Think it should be added in before we start. I'm downloading and will have a look at it. I dl it and its for the early campaign, With some modding we could use it for the Late campaign. Or switch factions to the Templars. Also Queen Annes Revenge has released a traits file that would improve all characters with less bad traits and ancillarys. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Americanus Supremus; November 18, 2007 at 12:17 AM.

If we get a chance to get Lithuanian Capital then i vot yes. Make sure you have enough siege equipment to take it in one turn. And don't forget to sack. We need that money.
    Alliance with Poland will help TONNS! As Danes and Norway will be offloading troops by Kenigsber shortly.
    I find merchants make allot of money by trading silk near constantinople. There are 3 nodes very close by.
    Also if our standing is good, after we capture Vilnus we should consider calling a crusade on Novgorod. Crusading army is free of upkeep so even if its 25% our troops and 75% mercs its worth the prize.

good news is our spy can open the gates, so we dont need siege equip. !!

2-3 turns vilnius can fall !
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Do we want to use any of those mods that I mentioned above?

I agree with both of you as both are good stategies, and will probably use both. As I can build a catapult or ballista for about 8 turns into the game.

Let me know so we can start.....

for me its fine

we need action

Alright I'll get started and keep yall posted....

Alright We are under way. We are 5 turns in and I will give yall a quick report unless Yall want the detailed log book which I will gladly write.

Brief Catch up first.

We have alliances with Poland, HRE, as well as trade rights. Was also able to get them to donate to our cause. We have trade rights with France, Denmark, and Norway. They also donated to the cause. Relations range from perfect HRE, to reasonable with Russia, Norway and France. Have built the first level farms in Konigsberg, am now building a market there. Riga is about to finish its farms. I will either build a tanner or an inn to get to assasins. What is our policy going to be on Assassination?????

Our Military is looking strong, atleast stronger then Lithunia.

The War with Lithuania is just now under way. Let me paint the opening scene. The Lithuanians have there army in Vilinus spread out. One 6 stack under the young noble Vaisalgas of Volkovsyk. A 4 stack southwest of him but far enough away to be of no help. And From what I can see only a 4 stack in Vilinus including the grand Duke. I first split my army into two and then into three. Maximilian took 4 units of Order Spear to besiege Vilnus. Which our spy could not open the gates to sack immediatly. So I lay siege waiting for ladders and ram. Mean while a young captain takes the majority of the army to attack both of those Lithuanian stacks in Northern Vilnius. (I did this in hopes of getting a quick general, because as is we cant recruit for over 40 turns.) I attacked the smaller army first and pushed them into Russian Territory and then broke off a 7 stack to attack the Lithuanian Noble Vaisalgas. Captain Endres with 496 men of the Teutonic Order attacked Vaisalgas and his 396 men. I won a clear victory, totally destroying there northern army, killing 188 and capturing 167. I put them to the sword as I didnt want them to regroup and attack me. The Lithuanians had been hanging out in a fort but moved out and seperated the turn previous for some reason. I also took over command of the fort in Northern Vilnius province.

Our economy is coming along Im currently losing 108 florins a turn. But will break into Vilnius next turn and sack the city. We currently have 7608 in the treasury

Misc details- Grandmaster Gunther is in Riga making them fall in line, also maximizing our earning potential, with a garrison of 2 Order Militia and 2 Prussian Archers. Konigsberg is being held by 2 units of Order Spearman and 2 Prussian Archers. We have 4 Christ Knights, 4 Sword Brethren, 5 Order Spearman, 1 Prussian Archers, and Maximilian in the Field against the Lithuanians. The Diplomat is heading thru HRE into Italy to get trade rights and an Alliance with the pope. The Russians are fighting a war of religion in Riga. Both of our Priests are in the area to fight these heretics and spread the word of the good book.

I will also attach all the files Im currently playing with as well as including all my save turns and screen shots.

To play the mod correctly please install:
    SS 5.0
    SS 5.1
    Ateaginas Mini mod addon
    My files that are attached, just unzip in the MTWII file. and start her up

EDIT: Finally got the files to load. Saves and Screen Shots where to big to load up. Will try again later.
    Last edited by Americanus Supremus; March 23, 2008 at 04:01 PM.

Nice

Alliance with HRE can be very useful, poland soon or later they i'll betray us !!

Btw kill those russian priests, they can cause riots in riga =O

keep on

Sorry I forgot the unit info, for the teutonic knights. They work as is but to get rid of that annoying peasant in unit info you will need to unzip and paste in the neccesary file. It is attached and it goes into

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel\data\ui\unit_info\teutonic_order

heres the file.
    Last edited by Americanus Supremus; March 23, 2008 at 04:01 PM.

Nice progress so far, keep it up.

By the way, is it known yet who participate with this Grand Campaign yet.
    Perhaps a good idea to post the list in the first post and then play in order of that list?

I apolagize Gill, we are trying to get this better organized. Bear with us..

Quote Originally Posted by Americanus Supremus View Post
    I apolagize Gill, we are trying to get this better organized. Bear with us..

Haha! No need to apologize!
    Just trying to help..

we're working on this

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

BUMP!
    What up guys? This thing still breathing?
    Last edited by y2day; December 13, 2007 at 09:58 AM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

well this was supposed be started by Americanus Supremus , maybe he've forgot or we can pick another member to start

why dont you each play for the length of the current kings life, then the next player plays for the new king. can always lower characters age limits so that each king will die younger to speed up changing of player. that way each person can have total control for a limited time. if your playing 2 turns per year you will need to change a few files to get the right balance.

sounds like an interesting idea you got. hell why not just play hotseat, and save it at the beginning of the next players turn lol...
    ...longbows, in skilled hands, could reach further than trebuchets...

hotseat sounds good, but i've playing hotseat for long time even before kingdoms, and among players in the same country sometimes this take days or 1 week per turn, imagine 1 player per country ...

2-3 turns per month ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12