View Poll Results: Which game will be the most entertaining?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mount&Blade II

9 52.94%
  • Assassin's Creed (PC)

3 17.65%
  • Unsure

5 29.41%

Thread: Mount&Blade II vs Assassin's Creed (PC)

Default Mount&Blade II vs Assassin's Creed (PC)

Alright so I'm just entertaining myself with the idea. There's talk of Mount&Blade II and we know Assassin's creed will be coming out for the PC eventually. While these games are slightly different in format there are clear similarities such as mounted combat, spying, role-play and fighting tactics to name a few.

So what do you think will you give up Mount&Blade for Assassin's creed? Which will you have more fun playing? Which will ultimately have more re-playability?

I think if you could combine the level of beauty and depth found within the city walls of Assassin's Creed and put it in a Mount&Blade campaign world and make it multiplayer you'd be a rich man or woman
    Last edited by Armatus; November 13, 2007 at 04:53 AM.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Mount&Blade II vs Assassin's Creed (PC)

If I can , i'll take both. You should have added a both option there. Anyway I think we should wait for some details about Mount and Blade 2 to come before talking bout comparing it to other games.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

That's hard...

Hmmmm, I'll have to go with Assassin's Creed.
    Amazing graphics, great animations, and I get to be an assassin.

I love assassins

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

IDK about Assasins Creed. I probably will buy it sometime, but Mass Effect and Mario Galaxy will undoubtedly take up all my time now. I still remember how I was when KOTOR cam out, I would play it after I got off work untill 4:00 in the morning for about four consecutive days.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Ugh...

I want to get Mass Effect...

BTW, there's talk of Mount&Blade 2?

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

There is no way to know, especially since M&B II is probably a few years away.

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    As Boeing said, we can't know. Also this thread is comparing a game that exists with a game that we even don't know if it will exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Well judging from what I heard in the Preordered Assasin Creed yet? thread I would have to say M&B II hands down if it does come...
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Assassins Creed would be said and done by the time M&B 2 is out.

I'm sure by the time the game is out Creed will be long forgotten, especially since its an unmoddable linear single player game.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    If I can , i'll take both. You should have added a both option there. Anyway I think we should wait for some details about Mount and Blade 2 to come before talking bout comparing it to other games.
    sorry I originally forgot to add unsure hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post

Quote Originally Posted by _TheChevalier_ View Post
    As Boeing said, we can't know. Also this thread is comparing a game that exists with a game that we even don't know if it will exist.

That's why I was merely entertaining the idea, heck we haven't even got Assassin's Creed yet do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Assassins Creed would be said and done by the time M&B 2 is out.

I'm sure by the time the game is out Creed will be long forgotten, especially since its an unmoddable linear single player game.

Well yes those are some disadvantages for AC on the 360, however AC for the PC won't be out for another year and by that time there may be some updates or additional content and would it not be moddable on the PC?

What I really like about Mount & Blade is fighting tactics and freedom. What I think I will like about Assassin's Creed will be not only freedom and fighting tactics, but the living and interactive world. Remember both games are single player, so modding will be the ultimate determination in re-playability, not necessarily popularity as I'm willing to bet AC has the financial backing on M&B.

I really don't care much for single player games I get bored and feel like I'm wasting time. Mount & Blade was so unique even with it's shortcomings that I never felt that way when I played it. So if Assassin's Creed can make me forget that it's a single player game then it will definitely get my praise.
    Last edited by Armatus; November 15, 2007 at 08:06 AM.