Thread: Known Issues

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Known Issues

Known Issues

(1) Game crashes if the player captures a settlement during the AI turns: This can happen if, for example, the garrison of a besieged city sallies and is destroyed. This is probably related to the loyalty mechanism, and I don't know if it can be fixed without disabling loyalty.

There are several work-arounds. (1) Allow some of the enemy garrison survive. (2) Break off the siege, defeat the enemy in a non-siege battle, and then resume the siege. (3) Send a spy into the city before laying siege (not confirmed - I'd like to know if this works).

Common Problems

(1) Other Mods installed. Most mods over-write files in the original data directory and this can cause problems for XGM. You need an unmodified data directory for XGM to work reliably.

(2) Game not patched correctly. You can check the version of your game by going to the main menu and then options. The version number is in the top right corner of the screen. If you do not have BI installed it should read 1.5. If you do have BI installed it should read 1.6. Note that some versions of RTW Gold Edition only patch the game to version 1.4 and still need to be patched.

(3) I did a complete re-install of RTW/BI and patched it to 1.5/1.6 but XGM still won't work. Sometimes files are left behind after uninstalling RTW/BI. Uninstall again and delete the game folder (back up saved games if you want to keep them) and then re-install.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; March 26, 2008 at 11:55 AM.