Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TE 5.1 + BI Features: Solvo Populus Add-On

Icon2 TE 5.1 + BI Features: Solvo Populus Add-On

Solvo Populus
    Free Peoples
    █ █ █ █ ~~ Development History: ~~ █ █ █ █
    Terrae Expugnandae Being my favorite RTW mod still gets played on occasion.
    In fact after the release of M2TW I was highly disappointed with the Vanilla gameplay and reverted to RTW while M2TW mods were being developed.
    In that time before M2TW mods were released I downloaded Terrae Expugnandae 5.1 once more and set out to utilize some of my favorite BI features.
    It has been some time since I completed my changes for Terrae Expugnandae 5.1 but in my spare time (While not working on other modifications) i still enjoy playing my Solvo Populus Add-On.

Lusted being the charitable man he has proven to be (with all his non profit contributions to TW community) has given me permission to release my files So that all the Terrae Expugnandae fans my also enjoy the BI features i added to TE 5.1.

In this version I have captured all the working elements of the changes I made, some of the features such as 'religion' and 'roman loyalty' I part completed were taken out of this release as they were riddled with bugs.
    This release has been played for the past six months, the version I was working religion and loyalty into is a separate installation on my PC so that my working files were kept clean.
    This version of Solvo Populus is running smoothly, I have not encountered bugs other than Terrae Expugnandae 5.1 known bugs.
    Apologies to all in advance, patches will follow, in time, once the reported bugs list is compiled. any feedback is highly appreciated.
    If after an amount of time no new bugs are reported I will release a hotfix for the UI element issue. please refer to the below 'Reported Bugs' list.

█ █ █ █ ~~ Installation instruction: ~~ █ █ █ █
    1) Barbarian Invasion must be installed and patched to 1.6
    2) Terrae Expugnandae 5.1 must be installed next (follow Lusteds instruction).
    3) unpack the "Solvo Populus Add-On Full.zip" to your main RTW directory.
    4) run the file "TESP_Installprep.bat" (may take several minutes depending on your system)
    EDIT: this file has basically been made redundant, I have now added the mod_0.pak that has significantly lowered the file size of the download and shortened the installation time. Thanks to my bro for reminding me how to do this.

>> optional <<
    Install below hotfix that includes UI elements for shieldwall and schiltron formation buttons.
    Done!

To play the mod run the file "Run_Solvo_Populus.bat" located in the main RTW directory.
    It may be a good idea to create a shortcut to this file, i have included a nice little .ico for your shortcut. to use the .ico, click on your newly created desktop shortcut and choose "properties" then click on the tab "Shortcut" down the botton is a button called "Change Icon" click on it and a new window is brought up, click on the "browse" button and go into the main RTW directory were the SP.ico is located, choose it, click "apply" then "OK". Done!

█ █ █ █ ~~ Change List: ~~ █ █ █ █
    *Includes Hotfix by Count Flip from Darth's formations.
    *Hordes for Britons, Gauls, Germans, Dacians, Scythians.
    *unit cards for hordes.
    *horde units have no upkeep & no upgrade cost.
    *Changed internal names of Epirus and Baktria from roman_xxxxx versions (this fixes the hardcoded roman alliances, basically making the engine treat these two factions as individually as all other non-roman factions).
    *hordes have slightly weaker cavalry, slightly hardier infantry, ranged units have less ammo.
    *BI abilities implemented; shield wall, swimming, berserk, power charge, schiltron.
    *given 3pts of amour to greek_hoplite_militia (increased by 1pt=30cost and custom 1pt=25cost armour upgrade increased by 1pt=5cost).
    *archer units firing range slightly increased so they may have a better chance to let a volley fly before fleeing/engaging.
    *AI profile for Iberia changed to "fortified napoleon".
    *small law bonus added to barracks.
    *character movement points increased slightly.
    *Includes fix for Gaulish Feniagh recruitment.
    *Druids recruitment available one tier earlier.
    *changed name of faction "rebels" to "solvo populus".
    *solvo populus are playable
    *fixed "German Spear Warband" experience loss when upgrading barracks.
    *missing Egyptian barracks icon fixed.
    new additions 18-11-2007
    *Roman and Greek city/wall/port models have changed to the Alexander add-on models
    *new fort plans for Roman, Barbarian, and Egyptian.

█ █ █ █ ~~ Download: ~~ █ █ █ █
    The file "Solvo Populus Add-On Full.zip" can be downloaded from the below link.

Working Link Updated 4/17/2018 - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4421

>>Download Link 1<< - (MEGAUPLOAD 7.65 MB) [INVALID LINK]

Generalsun Has been kind enough to supply a great alternative space;
    >>Download Link 2<< [INVALID LINK]

HOTFIX 1
    >>Download Link 1<< [INVALID LINK]
    >>Download Link 2<< [INVALID LINK]

Download the above new mod_0.pak which includes modified UI elements.
    To install:
    unpack to RomeTW directory "Data\packs" and over right the existing file.

If your not bothered by the formation buttons appearing incorrectly do not download the fix, it only includes the below four files:
    battlepage_03.tga
    battlepage_01.tga
    sharedpage_01.tga
    stratpage_01.tga

HOTFIX 2

>>Download Link<< [INVALID LINK]

See post #20 and follow the direction to install descr_sound_events.txt
    This should fix the sack settlement bug.

█ █ █ █ ~~ Footnote & Credits: ~~ █ █ █ █
    I hope you all enjoy my work on Terrae Expugnandae, I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute spent playing the mod myself.

Thanks go to [user]Lusted[/user] for providing a great solid platform to base my add-on.
    Thanks to [user]Count Flip[/user] for Darth's formations, and obvious thanks to Darth himself.
    Thanks to [user]Candelarius[/user] (aka Yakaspat) for TECAM
    Thanks to [user]Prometheus[/user] for showing me the way to use Alexander add-on stratmap models
    Thanks to all the fans of Terrae Expugnandae, I have listened to your needs and implemented your requests to my mod.
    Site hosted by General Sun see invitation.
    lastly thanks to CA for the release of the game itself.

*** updated 23-Nov-2007 ***

█ █ █ █ ~~ Reported Bugs: ~~ █ █ █ █
    [FIXED] (1) shield wall and schiltron UI elements do not show up in battle mode. I have narrowed this down to the mod_0.pak newly created for this download.
    [FIXED] (2) bug when clicking the sack settlement option when a horde captures a settlement and doesn't occupy. a new descr_sounds_events.txt is available that should fix this bug.

Any more bugs found? Report them!

█ █ █ █ ~~ Screenies: ~~ █ █ █ █
    FORTS
    Barbarian Fort Plan - Raised on a hill

Roman Fort Plan - huge in size with inner trench

Egyptian Fort - Stone! walls are accessible, but no oil or other defences

HORDES
    Abandon Settlement and Become Horde

Horde Units

CITIES AND PORTS
    Egyptian Cities

Greek Cities and Port

Roman Cities and Port

ABILITIES
    Schiltron

Shieldwall

Swimming

EDIT History:

I. >> HOTFIX 2 <<
    II. Labeled Invalid Links - Van Zandt 4/17/2018
    III. Added Working Link - Van Zandt 4/17/2018

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae 5.1: Solvo Populus Add-On

Awesome, stickied the thread. Looking forward to trying this mod during the upcoming week.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I would love to try it but Internet Explorer says it cannot get that page. Your site got something that spyware and adware don't like? Got another link? What's the website address?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    I would love to try it but Internet Explorer says it cannot get that page. Your site got something that spyware and adware don't like? Got another link? What's the website address?
    I tried the given address and was able to successfully download the file (5.2mb). Im on my laptop right now and it will be early next week before I am able to check the file out and install the mod.

Ill upload to Filefront if other members have problems and its ok with sounds like killing.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    I tried the given address and was able to successfully download the file (5.2mb). Im on my laptop right now and it will be early next week before I am able to check the file out and install the mod.

Ill upload to Filefront if other members have problems and its ok with sounds like killing.
    Thanks for the help with that Gaius Baltar, the file front option will solve any download issues. Once the file is uploaded can you PM the link to me? I'll update the fist post with the new option.

@irishron, the website is www.box.net
    the file is located within my account, I’ve come across no malicious ads on the site in the time I’ve been using it (4 months) so I’d safely allow scripts to run on the page if that’s what is stopping your browser form viewing the file.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

The problem is my spyware considers this site spyware and blocked it. After I manually allowed it to have access, it worked. Thank you.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: TE 5.1 + BI Features: Solvo Populus Add-On

Thumbs up!

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Juliuscivilus's Avatar Civis
    In the middle of the Netherlands, all flat here

I installed TE 5.0+5.1patch and than your mod+patch (the pak file)
    I reinstalled it like 5 times in the correct folders but still i got an error while i start a campaign.

the strange thing is; TE and your mod want me to copy everything into the rtw data folder but your mod uses the bi.exe :hmmm:
    So should everything go into the bi/data folder or did i installed it right (default into rometw/data).
    I need help i want to play.

I have the same problem.

TE 5.0+5.1 are installed to the rome\data directory and my add-on installs files to this directory also. I use the bi.exe mod: to make the game read the rome/data files first.

I don't seem to be having the problem in the screeny but i will upload a new .zip now that should fix this problem.

sweet mod...i dont think the new link is working though. when you click on it, it says no shared files/folders found

The link is up! no more errors

@mogburn1713,
    You must have tried accessing the file when i was making the adjustments. Try again now.

@Juliuscivilus
    @Rex Invictus
    I believe the Prometheus errors will not pop up now

cool...thanks for all the hard work

Juliuscivilus's Avatar Civis
    In the middle of the Netherlands, all flat here

It works thanks!
    +rep

Once i go horde i can't sack a settlement because i have a CTD please help

which faction?
    can you post the error you receive when the crash occurs?

this happens with every faction that can go horde!
    Last edited by MCDS2; November 21, 2007 at 10:47 AM.

I'm having no problems on my installation. Can anyone else test this please?, i'll install fresh from the download file myself tonight and look through the text files.
    It seems like the sack settlement is missing from data\text\expanded_bi.txt

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yep sack gives ctd..
    And no message.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Hi all,
    I still haven't had the same CTD but i have looked and found all 'sack settlement' references in barbarian invasion files and found a discrepancy in the descr_sounds_events.txt that i didn't think of earlier.

I've now added the code that tells the engine to look in the bi\data directory for the sound file.

Install this to the rome\data\ directory, overright the existing file.

Try it out and let me know if you still get a ctd, remember to delete the map.rwm file.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast