Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Regulus\Corvinus.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Regulus\Corvinus.

Continue all discussion here!
    ooc:Temple of Augustus in Vienna!

Senior Consul:Q.Cornelius Regulus\Gaius Gracchus with 6 votes.
    Junior Consul:M.Valerius Corvinus\Maxinius Scipio with 7 votes.
    Tribune of Plebeians:L.Aurelius Lepidus\Winter with 7 votes.
    Tribune of Plebeians:L.Sextus Drusus\EmperorCharles with 3 votes.
    Tribune of Plebeians:G.Furius Aquilinus\Skandranon Rakshae with 10-2 in secondary elections.
    Praetor Curiator: D.Loreius Ancus\Sanada with 13 votes.
    Tribunus Militum:M.Tullius Cicero\M.Tullius Cicero with 8 votes.
    Tribunus Militum:T.Arrius Metellus\Erakarhu with 4 votes.
    Last edited by Kritias; November 12, 2007 at 01:44 PM.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Regulus\Corvinus.

ooc: that looks amazing !

OOC: Great indeed.
    The Crazy Finn

"Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army."

J. Stalin 1948

Consul Regulus, should you open the war room (comitatia legata?) now so we can talk business

Let us begin with our first census. We need facts before anything can be proposed.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Q.Cornelius Regulus enters the sacred chamber of the Senate and proceeds slowly towards the curile seats. He stands in front of them and raises his hand:

Conscript Fathers of the Res Publica;
    I am honored that you listened to my words and decided to give Rome a strong leadership(ooc:The campaign thread.)
    I will strife to make this era of mine,an era of great military deeds and even greater civil duties.
    I will obey the will of the Senate;
    I will lead the Legions forth;
    I will do the plebeians no harm;

This era is a new beginning;Let us fight together so that we can live as Freemen and tell our grandchildren tales of great Romans who fought,lived and died well for the glory of Rome!!!

Senators,I await your commands!

Consul Regulus enters the Senate House holding many scrolls in his hands.He proceeds to the center of the Senate House and says:

Senators of the Republic!
    I have returned to Rome after inspecting the borders;I see that the situation we are in is dire;We face three Epirote armies in the South and only the Gods knows how many in the cities captured by these villainous Greeks.

Here you can see the situation:

I have also taken initiative and send a spy to have a closer look to the enemy.
    Here is the spy's report:

This is Commander Priam,the man inside the fort close to Capua;His army isn't that strong but in any case not to be underestimated also.

This is the army of a man called Phaidon;As I have heard he is Pyrrhus's right hand in Italy.At your request i can gather more information about this particular foe.

Here is the mighty host of the Epirot King himself;As you can see he has more than ordinary soldiers accompanying him;

Further I gathered all information about our own active Legions and the Ager Romanus town garrisons. We have a shortage of men,great Senators.

This is Legio I,residing in the fort close to the shore;Its men are battle hardened and I am honored leading them personally to battle.

This is Legio II,residing in a fortress in the North.

The Eternal City's garrison;We must take action senators to fortify further our lands!

Capua's garrison.

Ancona's garrison. At present time the city has no fortifications so the raising of more men to defend it is a top priority in my thought.

Finally,I have brought with me a report on economy.We have 20,000 denarii in our vaults but we are owning a lot of money;I doubt we can stay afloat for more than a year.

My proposals;
    a)Let me train some men in order to have proper garrisons for our cities and some replacements for the Legions should the worse occur.
    b)Allow me to raise the taxes;We are at war and more currency could be of extreme assistance!

Senatores,as always I await your words to act!

ooc:I use the 2.1v of Imperator II;That's why we have 20,000 grand instead of the originals 10,000.In the case you are wondering...

I have nothing against these plans. We need all the men and money we can get. Go forth and bring us victories, Consul.
    The Crazy Finn

"Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army."

J. Stalin 1948

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Regulus,

I support in raseing of taxes for war efforts.
    Also. the training of garrisions? wouldent that cost of ever more money and hurt us badly?

I propose that you take legio I an help legio II with its clash with Phyruss and his jockeys.

I set forth the motion to raise taxes to high for war efforts.

1 yay 0 nay

Allow the Consul to Recruit Replacement and a Garrison if needed.

1 yay - 0 nay

-Aqulia Decimus Cato
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

Senator,spending money to security is in my mind a good deal....

Ave consul,

Your proposls fall hard on the marble walls of this righteous building, yet you were right to speak plainly. For in a time of war ther is no time for idle banter, but action must be taken with as much speed, alacrity and sincerity as is feasible!

I fully support the conscription of more forces in order to garrison cities, and if we need to raise the taxes we must do so! The more that we sweat, the more our enemy shall bleed!

Iuppitus Optimus Maximus grant you victory befitting of your stature!

Valete.

ooc: I just made the quote in bold up - what a genius I am lol

I set forth the motion to raise taxes to high for war efforts.

2 yay 0 nay

2 yay - 0 nay
    The Crazy Finn

J. Stalin 1948

He is my suggestion

we raise 1 legion to be used as needed.
    next we securely bring the Italians of the north under our control

at the same time let us send a spy south to explore the cities of southern Italy.

(ooc. are we considerign the pomerium at all if so we should remove troops form Rome leaving only a general or something there)

as for the vote

I dislike hight taxes but very well

3 yea 0 nay

3 yay - 0 nay
    Last edited by EmperorCharles; November 10, 2007 at 03:50 PM.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Lucius Sextus Drusus

We are in no shape to be recuiting entire legions.
    if anything we will have to trust legio II men and send them to take on all 3 armies which is a mighty thing to ask of these men.
    but if that can be completed then legio I will be able to take those provences.

OCC: plus it will take awhile we cant pull legions outta nowhere like in RS.
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

Senator Drusus,we are at war with the Epirotes!Do you suggest turning our back at them and expand north?What if those treacherous beings stab us in the back??? I am against the motion to turn away from war...I suggest we consider claiming Southern Italy first as Roman and then proceed to the North.Our power cannot grow until the Greeks are out of Southern Italy!

Salve,

Motion A) Increase taxes in all settlements to high

Yea 4 Nea 0

Motion B) Allow the recruitment of additonal garrisons and/or reinforcements

Yea 4 Nea 0

In addition consul, be sure to spend up the entire 20,000 if it seems prudent to do so, although we must be frugal, we must use the assets available to us for we shall not have liquidity to pay off our debts for a loooong time to come!

Valete.

Indeed, we simply don't have enough money. But we CAN recruit few units for guard duties or for supporting our legions.
    The Crazy Finn

J. Stalin 1948

ooc(didn't know we started at war). We should not attack the Epirotes at the moment. what we should do is find defensible location and let them attack us. they outnumber us however, the samnites exist as a buffer state between us. A campaign in the north would bring home money and bloody our troops to face the greater threat of the Epirotes. if we where to go on the attack however it would be us who would need to take casualties marching through the samnites' lands. why attack the north then if that to would lead to casualties? it is simple if we conquer the north we need not fear any repercussions form nabors but if we attack south the geeks will kill our weary troops before they can be helped by newly trained reinforcements.

Divide, et impera. We should let the epirotes waster their forces on the free cities, and when they have spread out we should siege them.
    The Crazy Finn

J. Stalin 1948

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

Motion A) Increase taxes in all settlements to high

Yea 5 Nay 0

Motion B) Allow the recruitment of additional garrisons and/or reinforcements

Yea 5 Nay 0

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast