Thread: RTJ Terra Sancta Working?

Default RTJ Terra Sancta Working?

Hmm before I thought it was a Vista issue.
    I install a fresh M2TW on my XP system. I had the exact problem in which every time I start a battle it crash.

I don't even get a shortcut icon. I must go to the folder to run RTJ:Terra Sancta. So I did the "--io.file_first" on the crusade shortcut.
    Is it something up with the installer? I thought it was click the installer and that's it.

I had a fresh install. With Kingdom/Patch. I wonder how some player get theirs working. So strange I had the same error on two system.
    Last edited by aion2006; November 09, 2007 at 11:51 PM.

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

Default Re: RTJ Terra Sancta Working?

Did you patch the game? I believe it is mandatory with the Kingdoms install, but you might have to install 1.2 before the 1.3 goes, not sure....

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

but kingdom already has the patch. It said in the installation patching 1.0-1.3
    Then 1.4 for Kingdom.

Overall I get what you mean. But pretty strange if that is.

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Since its the first installer for kingdoms I have made Im not 100% sure it will always work, but it should at least.
    The installer is only adding 2 premade shortcuts cause there is no .bat file right now and shortcut of a shortcut isnt working. But with " --io.file_first" it should work normally, when I have a new version I will make the installation easier and better. only use the newest v0.92 version.
    Last edited by Rammstein; November 12, 2007 at 07:39 AM.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

when i click the bat in the crusades folder, the crusades campaign seems to be the same, so what exactrly is new?

or doesn't it work on my vista?

if you dont see a new faction something is wrong. I upload a new version anyway this week.

Awesome will it be before or after the thanksgiving holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
    if you dont see a new faction something is wrong. I upload a new version anyway this week.
    BRAVO

Did anyone one of you manage to get it working, Im starting to beleave no one could play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammstein View Post
    Did anyone one of you manage to get it working, Im starting to beleave no one could play it.
    Yes I was playing it then I unpacked Kingdoms/Crusades to allow me to increase Strat map character movement rate ......then the mod would no longer load
    I hope a new installer/bat file will make a difference.

if you install it again over it should work again, maybe your map character movement rate will stay as you changed it. Next version will have it, I noticed it aswell as a weakpoint.

if you install it again over it should work again,
    Rammstein
    I did try but found it would not work with the files unpacked??
    I am awaiting your next release I like your mod thus far and hope you will continue ...no one else is doing what your doing Pawels Holy Land mod seems to have gone dormant.
    Your additional Muslim faction is a great enhancement.
    +Rep for you
    Salut!
    Last edited by GERMANICUS; November 22, 2007 at 05:45 PM.

Laetus

Hello, it's working fine for me i think, I can play abbasids, units of 202 and 140 archers I suppose it's not like that in the vanilla version. It seems to work fine, new units are working, no ctd until now.
    I guess that no Terra Sancta identification in the game menu is kinda troublesome .
    Well, it seems to be good for now just that ... muslims are being their ass kicked like hell by the crusaders, my first game was as a Byzantine, within 5-6 turns the Abbasids lost 1 castle and 2 towns and losing others in 2-3 turns each, Antioch stoped the attack leaving 3 towns to the Abbasids.
    Jerusalem took 1 town to the Egyptians, during 3-4 turns the egyptian armies where defeated easily on the fields and then 2 more town assieged by jerusalem ><.
    The turkish where not moving... I attacked them , took 2 of their towns but no responce, they have 1 full army and 2 half, they are not moving...

My next game as Abbasids is turning the same way, the Egyptians already lost 1 town, I cheated a bit and gave load of money to the Turkish, they attacked the Byzantine and took one of their town then lost it 2 turns later.
    Antioch is waiting for me to make a mistake to attack... they have plently of unoccupied regions around but they only want to kick my ass apparently , and they have several good armies waiting.
    I suppose it must be the spearman and first heavy infantry units of the muslims that sucks... and maybe some low incomes ... I'm playing on very hard / hard , battles are sometimes interesting (when opponent have big armies) but really lakes of something on the strat map... My first game on Kingdoms (without Terra Sancta) I played the Egyptians, I attacked immediatly and could conquer 3 Jerusalem towns/Stronghold before they could even react.
    Muslim IA not aggressive enough ? >< Modding seems complicated keep up the good work!!!

edit:
    There are 2 towns named Héraklion, one on an island in the west and the other north.
    Last edited by Tadion; November 24, 2007 at 08:43 AM.

hi,
    thanks for your impression.
    Your right the campain AI was one of the biggest problems I found, I got a new version but Im not 100% happy with it. Im wating until the passive behavior its totally fixed before the next update.

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

Sry to tell this but the santa terra link for dl isnt working anymore

thanks, your right filefront must have deleted it

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

can u do something for us ure fellow fans plz , it would be awesome

is there a link too the download of terra Sancta?

yes,
    Im uploading v0.93 today in 12 hours.
    I still dont know why the previous version was deleted from filefront. Maybe a sever error, normaly I should get a message when they plan to do so. I have a lot of 8 month old stuff which is still there

[EDIT]

http://files.filefront.com/RTJ+Terra.../fileinfo.html
    Last edited by Rammstein; December 03, 2007 at 03:47 AM.

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

Big thx Rammstein that was cool m8, want to ask this too, are u planning ro put RC into rtj 3.0 or terra sancta?
    Or u gonna take rc as base of what u want and change some settings?