Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The fall of night - A Diadochi Thracian AAR

Default The fall of night - A Diadochi Thracian AAR

Well, i now start my new AAR, still going on with XGM Diadochi. Now i play with Thrace VH/VH because RedFox kept saying me "you should play VH/VH, its balanced..." So its logically his fault if i lose this one too.
    heh, dramatic name... should be fall of Makedonia... im going to bring them down now. Im right next to them with javelin armed troops. I'll slaughter them. Its fall of night.... FOR MACEDON!

--THE FALL OF NIGHT--
    chapter one
    in the beginning

So, in the beginning, there was a little kingdom called Thrace....
    I have only two cities, both have bad infrastructure, so i begin with building roads and ports. I gather most of my forces and set march towards a greek city of Byzantium. I need more resources before i go against the Macedonians, the champions of darkness.

The Greeks dont take my siege lightly and send an army to intercept. They shall fall. They wont prevent me for achieving my goal. Complete annihilation of Macedon.

The greeks advance against my line. I have placed the barbarian infantry to defence formation infront of the peltasts. Falxmen are on the sides and Prodromoi are sent to harass the enemy.

Many of the enemy fall to victim of deadly javelins, thrown by fiersome Thracian light cavalry. I absolutely love these fellas. They can kill enemy from distance, they got good charge and decent attack. However, their defence is poor.

Cilician pirates will taste the rhompaia for coming too close the Thracians without support. They are killed.

Greek army is closing by... Prodromoi are bombing enemy general with javelins, after they annihilated enemy archers.

I order a full advance. Fearless Thracian warriors are closing the Greek forces. I hope to provoke enemy general to make his move...

And i am succesfull. Enemy Ekdromoi charges against my line and the battle has truely begun. I immediatly order the Falxmen to flank, and Prodromoi to take out enemy general.

Peltasts throw their javelins against greek forces.
    - they are already wavering.

Enemy general gets his head struck apart from his body by rhompaia and is now feeding carrion birds..

And another Falxmen charge to the back of the enemy and the larger greek force is on the run. They are shown no mercy.

I turn my attention to smaller greek force, coming from Byzantium. I reassemble my forces and advance towards them.

Enemy general is quickly blitzed by Prodromoi. Enemy hoplites in the forest suffer casualties from my javelins, but still charge against my line. They are cut down by falxmen and barbarian infantry.

Other Greek army is beaten... their blood has flown with minimal Thracian losses.

Clear victory it is.

Byzantium nicely boosts my income... soon i shall bring the doom to Macedonians..

Whii. Thats the end of first update. This was a little... unadequate. Early game lacks good battles. That was the biggest one. Now i go against Mac's so bigger ones should come.
    Next target is Philippi.. Macedon shall fall. Im actually really revengeful! I hate those guys!

cheers.

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The fall of night - A Diadochi Thracian AAR

Hans, i hope you finally survive the macs. I hope you get your revenge, those macs dont know whats going to hit them!!!

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Nice little start, Hansduet! Byzantium is a nice start for money income.
    I wonder where you're hate for Macedonia will go if you finally beated them. Maybe it will pass on to the Romans ( eh spartan-johhny ? ) ?

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

HEHE, Damn stupid Romans, but me and the rebels are showing them whatfor! Now Hans show those Macs whats what!

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Indeed. They shall fall.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HansDuet View Post
    Indeed. They shall fall.
    Indeed.

Good to see you've started a Thracian campaign, I hope the Macedonian phalanx eats rhompia soon.
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Primicerius

Looking forward to reading about the destruction of Makedonia. Down with the Macs!

Good. Lots of destructive spirit here... the dark powers will rise and burn the Macedonia...

nice AAR! i should also do aerial screenshots for mine, thanks for the idea. loved the penultimate screenshot.
    the cheer + the trees = gives the message: "we're coming out of hiding and we're pissed off"

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

On the topic of Maks, I'm sure that many of you have seen how the Maks often muscle the GCS out. Have you ever seen the IGCS overthrown by the GCS?! I had it happen to me a few turns ago, it didn't make sense for the original faction to take over the rebel positions, and there was an adviser pop up as well, but I can't remember what it said....

It was weird....

O, good luck with your campaign!

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Cymera View Post
    On the topic of Maks, I'm sure that many of you have seen how the Maks often muscle the GCS out. Have you ever seen the IGCS overthrown by the GCS?! I had it happen to me a few turns ago, it didn't make sense for the original faction to take over the rebel positions, and there was an adviser pop up as well, but I can't remember what it said....
    It can happen if all the family members in the IGCS manage to get themselves killed.

EMV's Avatar Libertus

Great AAR! Never played Thrace or seen an AAR on them, eagerly awaiting next update.

Thanks for feedback and support everybody!

Independent Greeks are offering ceasefire. I accept, i have nothing against them and i need to concentrate my forces against Macedon.

Now that i got a lots of money from Byzantium, i can finally assemble an army and march against Macedonian city of Philippi. Macedonians send three small armies to engage...

Macedonians are beated, but Daton falls in battle. Though the Macedonians lost their king and one other family member.

Now, nothing in my way to Pella! I lay siege to Macedonian capital. They shall fall! Nothing is going to stop me this time!

Macedonians wont just wait, they attack my army with superior force. We wont fall back! We shall fight!

My army consists mostly of Thracian peltasts, they obliterate phalangites with their javelins and are able flanking infantry. Plus, they have low upkeep.
    So most of my army is peltasts, with two units of falxmen and some Prodromoi. I assemble my troops as usual. Falxes to front, peltasts back.

I send the Prodromoi to bomb the smaller Macedonian army and turn my formation against the larger force, coming from Pella. This day, shall the earth come fertile of Macedonian blood!

Smaller enemy force has come too close and i send the Falxes to cut them down. They are eager to let their blades taste some Macedonian blood and so, they work very efficiently. Smaller army is soon eliminated.

Falxmen hurry back to formation when enemy army comes close. They are well trained and equipped. One veteran Pezhetairoi and two veteran Thorakitai. And rather large generals bodyguard.

Enemy are hailed with javelins and their general soon lies dead in the ground.

Thorakitai charge against peltasts. Their morale is soon broken and they are cut down.

Pezhetairoi broke too. Javelin rain seems to be very effective... ha! "Brave" Macedonians. Thracian women are braver than they! (and more hairy)

I order all my infantry to charge the other Thorakitai. Fierce Thracians, eager to cut them down is a terrifying sight.

However, These men fight bravely and inflict heavy casualties at my forces. (we see the effect when i ran out of javelins) They are slowly killed, one by one. These men were worthy foes.

Heroic victory!

I post more later. I am little busy with school- not much time to play.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

It seems like I made the Macedonians a little bit too weak... Have to mess around with some special conditions when you're playing Thrace or Getai...

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

when the player isnt any faction near em (except for Epirus which gets tromped) the macedonians run around killing everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    It seems like I made the Macedonians a little bit too weak... Have to mess around with some special conditions when you're playing Thrace or Getai...

What? You want me to lose again?

Sorry about the small amount of updates... i will continue when i have time.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Javelin rain, hairy Thracian women...this AAR has it all!
    The balancing seems ok to me, once the peltasts ran out of ammo they started getting trounced by a unit of Thorakitai.
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Well, it's too late - check for the latest "balance" in the Discussions and Announcements topic.
    Also, check out the new screenshots topic, it's empty at the moment, but I hope that you guys will fill them with the best shiznit that you have captured from XGM - Diadochi.

Yes put lots of stuff in it like major battles and Macedonian butt woppings.

At last! you are beating them instead of being beaten by them! I shall give you the gifts of the great Greek states gods!
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast