Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will you listen to when playing BC? (not about ingame music in BC)

Default What will you listen to when playing BC? (not about ingame music in BC)

I would like to ask you people about if you played BC in windowed mode and had a CD player and turned off BC's ingame music (I bet it'll be good so I would like it, but if let's say you got tired of it and wanted your own) what type of CD/artist/band would you listen to as you play BC and that you either think really fits the theme (outside of the music being provided by the BC makers) or that you just would enjoy and get you in the mood to do some fun in the Middle East?

For me, I think during the loading screens, when I am on the campaign map if I am playing either KoJ or Ayyubids or Omani, I would play one of Enya's music called Watermark or It's in the Rain or Marble Halls. If playing as Ayyubid or Makuria, it'd be Enya's Storms in Africa. If KoJ, I might also want to listen to some Christian music, some of the songs of the Columbine HS shooting 1 year anniversery might do well although it sounds wierd for those rock n' roll tracks. Either that, or El Shaddai by Amy Grant. Putting some Andrea Boucelli for KoJ or even Ayyubid too.
    I don't know so much for the factions farther East though, I think any of Enyas or New Age music would fit Rajputs.

For battles, I have no idea what I'd listen to. So maybe BC's music would be best.
    Last edited by Kiki52; November 08, 2007 at 10:46 PM.

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Default Re: What will you listen to when playing BC? (not about ingame music in BC)

Rage Against the Machine.

Thread won.

Though probably some Wagner too.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Default Re: What will you listen to when playing BC? (not about ingame music in BC)

I don't listen to out of game music very often. I notice a drop in performance whenever I do.

The only time i'll play music is when I'm watching my men chase the routers at x6 speed so I play the benny hill theme song. It's very appropriate.

Beauchamp's Avatar Semisalis

My Shahnameh podcasts, Master Musicians of Jajouka (maghrib), Hamza el Din (egypt), Tinariwen,

and Neil Young
    I donno, ill probably listen to a bunch of stuff, but that is some of my mid-eastern music,

Quote Originally Posted by Beauchamp View Post
    My Shahnameh podcasts, Master Musicians of Jajouka (maghrib), Hamza el Din (egypt), Tinariwen,

and Neil Young
    I donno, ill probably listen to a bunch of stuff, but that is some of my mid-eastern music,
    Hmm...they all sounded good to me till that last one. Maybe I'd play him if we could play the Mongols, to show the terror they inflicted on their enemies, like the terror of having to listen to his elevator muzak does to me

But seriously, I should download some Middle Eastern music and burn a CD. Hell, I am sure I am already on some watch list for the translated Arabic histories I buy as well as the letters I write to Congress and Bush yelling about the war, not to mention my favorite restraunt is a Persian one..
    I never do seem to get through security checks at airports quickly...:hmmm:
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    Hmm...they all sounded good to me till that last one. Maybe I'd play him if we could play the Mongols, to show the terror they inflicted on their enemies, like the terror of having to listen to his elevator muzak does to me

But seriously, I should download some Middle Eastern music and burn a CD. Hell, I am sure I am already on some watch list for the translated Arabic histories I buy as well as the letters I write to Congress and Bush yelling about the war, not to mention my favorite restraunt is a Persian one..
    I never do seem to get through security checks at airports quickly...:hmmm:
    ...at least your not "mugshoted" or "on the list"...or maybe you are?

Indefinitely Banned

A person whose last name is almost exactly the same as the last name of a certain executed Iraqi dictator would know everything about getting pwned at customs.

Oh sorry for the OT.
    Last edited by Miraj; November 09, 2007 at 03:07 PM.

Mirage what is you last name if I mai ask

A bit of Iron Maiden/Rammstein lol

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karo View Post
    Mirage what is you last name if I mai ask
    You may not!!!! (its Hossain )

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

Maybe some Wagner, it'll obviously something that suits the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

I'll be listening to Serj tanikians cd and Armenian music

@Mirage I knew it was about you

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    You may not!!!! (its Hossain )
    This story will make you laugh Mirage:
    I was in the Barnes and Noble in Minneapolis buying this book by an Egyptian author named Taha Hussain, and this old lady was like
    "Wow, its a bad time to have THAT last name"
    I replied
    "And why is that, considering that the name is extremely
    common throughout the Middle East, Africa and Asia"
    "Well, isn't that like, Saddam's name?"

I just walked away and laughed.

dmesa's Avatar Biarchus

Dream Theater, Tool, Some clasics like: Pink Floyd (Comfortably Numb), Led Zeppelin (Moby Dick), Yngwie Malmsteen..., etc...

Sig made by Haeressiarch...+Rep me if you want to...

Goa trance because it's eastern sounding and oft uses the arabic scale. Probably only during battles though... ambient otherwise.

Thread won?

Although realisticly I'd probably be listening to a mix of some sort because I don't want to have to alt tab to change songs.

Methinks this wasn't a very good thread topic.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dmesa View Post
    Some clasics like: Pink Floyd (Comfortably Numb), Led Zeppelin (Moby Dick), Yngwie Malmsteen..., etc...

Good music taste. Didn't realize Columbians loves the good stuff.

dmesa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Good music taste. Didn't realize Columbians loves the good stuff.
    oh yeah, i think we're underestimated in a lot of aspects...thanks!

some more: (Rush, The Who, Frank Zappa [btw i love the black page performed by Terry Bozzio], Cream, Primus, and more)

Sig made by Haeressiarch...+Rep me if you want to...

As this is a game focused on battles maybe i would listen to some black metal and/or death metal.
    Dimmu Borgir
    Amon Amarth
    just to name a few.

Speaking of the in-game music, does any one know a way to unpack this from the game? some of the Aztec music in partic was pretty cool..

At the mo, playing Deus lo Vult, Rammenstiens "Sonne" comes up top for me search Utube for "sonne" + "Kingdom of Heaven"..cool vid
    BROKEN CRESENT NUT
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh..

Quote Originally Posted by Lebre View Post
    As this is a game focused on battles maybe i would listen to some black metal and/or death metal.
    Dimmu Borgir
    Amon Amarth
    just to name a few.
    Yeah those are good bands. I can also suggest the older Black Metal, like Burzum-Filosofem or Immortal-At the Heart of Winter, it's really atmospheric and rough and to me fits a battle. Apart from these two most Metal is about Vikings etc. so won't really fit BC. If you know some others you like please tell me.

Two fun Youtube vids with Metal music that show battles from movies/fighting:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UOoInW3c5mY (Turisas)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bmyq2OJOVDw (Burzum)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglass View Post
    [COLOR=black]Speaking of the in-game music, does any one know a way to unpack this from the game? some of the Aztec music in partic was pretty cool..
    Use the old RTW extractor: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...?do=file&id=32
    Proud Citizen of Romania.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast