Thread: Napoleonic Videos...Fraps or Movie Editor Rendering?

dmesa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Napoleonic Videos...Fraps or Movie Editor Rendering?

well i've just seen a couple of vids from napoleonic total war, and since they´re done using movie editor (as i could see)...i have a quick question for you...

how did you do them?
    i mean, using fraps and recording from a loaded camera path (ingame) or rendering using the command -movie_cam:capture_video?

because when i try to render some of my custome battles nothing happens (reloading the saved replay with the camera path), the program just ignores the camera path and loads the default(my custom replay) replay again.

answers are very apreciated.

Sig made by Haeressiarch...+Rep me if you want to...

Default Re: Napoleonic Videos...Fraps or Movie Editor Rendering?

Ah, you mean the infantry, arty and cav vidoes? I am no expert on these unfortunately and the person who made these killer vids has moved on. I suggest doing a search on the forums here for RTW camera or RTW movie editor and seeing what kind of tutorials you come up with. Things like this are not anything you learn over night, it takes ages to get good shots and editing these shots into a whole requires a great deal of skill and patience and the proper programs.

I tried to make a little film with the fraps and the RTW cam editor and I could never get passed the first second before I messed my scene up!

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

dmesa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Napoleonic Videos...Fraps or Movie Editor Rendering?

thanks for the reply!

yes i've been searching for tutorials and that kind of things but its really difficult to find info.
    yeah i have been experimenting with the camera and it takes time to learn how to use it, but its fun, i have one replay of aboyt 10 minutes and its ok for beeing my firs try.

thanks for all, i'll be searching more, if you find some info about the movie cam please PM me.

Sig made by Haeressiarch...+Rep me if you want to...