Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.1 Bugs Reports & Known bugs list // HOTFIX #1

Default 5.1 Bugs Reports & Known bugs list // HOTFIX #1

Please post any bugs from Stainless Steel 5.1 here.
    I'll try to update this post regularly with all known bugs, so they don't have to be posted twice.
    Please post suggestions or ideas for changes in the suggestions thread.
    Thanks!

IMPORTANT: HOTFIX#1 available.
    Fixed bugs:
    - william wallace crash
    - doubled roads
    - missing new danish symbols
    - ship supply character trait fixed
    - symbol error for the title of Lyon
    - Aztec building error message

Installation: Just extract this file (winrar or winzip required) into your default ".../Medieval II Total War" directory. Overwrite existing files.

Credits goes to:
    domenic for the william wallace crash
    Echad for the danish symbol and roads fix
    Thank you!

Further Known Bugs:

- Menu Crash
    1. if you change the factions in the faction selection menu too often you may get a crash to desktop.
    2. if you switch fro one single player menu option (i.e "Late Era Campaign" back to "custom battles") you will get a crash to desktop.

- a part of the Ireland symbol occurs instead of "spy is in settlement" symbol.

Reporting Crash to Desktops- IF you have one, please look into your system.log file (In "Medieval II Total War/logs" folder) and paste the last 5 lines in the bug thread. This will help me to find the problem faster.
    It would be even better if you would upload a save-game before this crash happened. This helps a lot to find the problem easier.
    You could easily upload one at www.megaupload.com.
    Just select your file, make any description, accept the "terms" and click on "send".
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by King Kong; April 25, 2008 at 03:12 AM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Default Re: 5.1 Bugs with Known Bugs List

EDIT: Sorry I reported something that was wrong here. I now deleted it.

EDIT2: Just so, that this isn't a wasted post:

KK, you have not lusted's latest config_ai_battle.xml. The one you have included in your patch is from 16.10.2007, lusted's newest is from 3.11.2007. Is this on purpose? I have seen some weird combat behaviour, where AI units just stand around without doing anything (even if they are engaged in melee combat.) Maybe this has something to do with this file?
    Last edited by mailor; November 09, 2007 at 02:01 AM.

My Home is my Castle.

Hi KK great addon if i might add hehe u sir are a genius
    got it working flawless now everything work now thank god
    Last edited by TempestKhan; November 09, 2007 at 08:27 AM.

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

A snake once bit Chuck. After five days of extreme pain... The snake died.

Hi KK great work for this patch

But i installed patch 5.1b no CTD but irish, polish, danish, norwegian, lithuanian... are mute :hmmm:

so if someone know how to give them sound...

thanks

EDIT: they are mute on battlemap too
    EDIT: i desinstalled SS and vanilla and reinstall all and they are always mute:hmmm:
    EDIT: Nevermind i found out (i didn't seen the NON-english idx )
    Last edited by domenic; November 09, 2007 at 03:30 AM.

Emerald-Knight's Avatar Libertus

This is hardly worth mentioning, but when a character recieves the Dislikes Muslims trait, the trait's description is that of the corresponding trait towards the rebels:

"Slaves are weaklings and inferiors, otherwise they wouldn't be slaves. They die easily, too."

Like I said, it's really minor, just a fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestKhan View Post
    Hi KK great addon if i might add hehe u sir are a genius

now to the sad part NR 1 i get CDT in custom battle NR 2 The Lithuania units unit cards look like gray peasants

I took the time to uninstall 5.0 before i installed the patch because i used to run the game with Nickmans Enchantment pack

so installed SS all over from to start on a clean install so if u could help me i would be rly happy once again great mod u got going on here thumps up
    I'd suggest desinstalling 5.0, the reinstall it, and download 5.1b (you downloaded it, when it wasn't finished I remember). If you install 5.1b over fresh 5.0 then everything should work fine (no CTD and no peasant cards for Lithuania as well. In your 5.1 patch, there are just the files for the cards missing, so go get 5.1b right now! )

My Home is my Castle.

I have posted this to the other threads. I can not launch SS 5.0 or 5.1. When I try to launch it, the black text box appears briefly, thats it. I have never had any trouble with previous versions of SS. I downloaded kingdoms from steam. I don't know what the problem is. Does anyone have a fix?

EDIT: I just checked the system log and I am missing a lot of files. I reinstalled SS but it is still not working.
    Last edited by bigmike4; November 09, 2007 at 09:37 AM.

i've detected two bugs:

1) on the settlements details, about religion

2) its about denmark symbol, wich in main menu show the yellow one, but ingame appear the default SS red one...

also where the stone forts in strat_map ??
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike4 View Post
    I have posted this to the other threads. I can not launch SS 5.0 or 5.1. When I try to launch it, the black text box appears briefly, thats it. I have never had any trouble with previous versions of SS. I downloaded kingdoms from steam. I don't know what the problem is. Does anyone have a fix?

EDIT: I just checked the system log and I am missing a lot of files. I reinstalled SS but it is still not working.
    Here are 2 threads dealing with this problem, maybe you'll find a solution there.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=steam

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=steam

My Home is my Castle.

uh, lithuanian units with 'peasants' icons.

Quote Originally Posted by burninglegionx View Post
    uh, lithuanian units with 'peasants' icons.
    Have you downloaded the newest version of the patch (SS5.1b)? If you have downloaded the incomplete first patch, download the new one (and install it). Icons should work then.

My Home is my Castle.

Norway cannot be played in a hotseat campaign! (Does anyone know a quick fix for this?)

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

I cannot do battle with William Wallace, playing as Norway.

One time when I was fighting rebels (I could start the battemap) I got a CTD. But it was just this one time, when I reloaded my previous save before the battle, I was able to play the whole battle. Maybe it was just one occasional CTD...

All other battles have gone smoothly.

Great mod anyway! But I think I'll have to play another faction for the time being.

Hi SS team,

Thanks again for another awesome installment! OWWWWWWWWW!

I noticed that the vanilla historical battles aren't playable but the 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2 battles under the historical battle games are.

Any fix?
    hellas1- Thanks again!

The Game keeps freezing on year 1362 AD..It stops on the Republic of Novgorod factions..I have to restart my computer every time..Thanks DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbles View Post
    Norway cannot be played in a hotseat campaign! (Does anyone know a quick fix for this?)
    also in hotseat its missing:

jerusalem,ireland,teutonic order
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Just started a Lithiuiana campaign and got a CTD on the 3rd turn

heres the last couple lines from the log

19:03:18.248 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga is missing
    19:03:24.702 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/residences/textures/NE_ship_dock.TGA.dds is missing
    19:03:24.851 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/water.tga.dds is missing
    19:03:24.887 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tile_models/alpha_pages/mountain_mask.tga.dds is missing
    19:03:24.922 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_01.TGA.dds is missing
    19:03:24.923 [system.io] [warning] open: data/terrain/aerial_map/tree_models/textures/conifer_winter.TGA.dds is missing
    19:03:24.961 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel/data/world/maps/base/water_surface.tga.dds is missing
    19:04:53.074 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

the bug pic i posted in the ss 5 bugs thread about the spy opening gate symbol when assaulting a place looks like irish faction symbol is still there

G Rider's Avatar Tiro

The graphic that shows that the gates are opened by a spy is the upper half of the ireland factions banner.

Evan's Avatar Miles

When I started a Late-Era Byzantine Campaign, I started with two Aleksios Komnenos's; one was the emperor and one was a general in Smyrna.

Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast