Thread: land bridge

Default land bridge

Is there any way i can put in my own land bridges? For the life of me, I dont know why people dont include LB's in thier mods...espec. between england and the mainland. I say this for two reasons...

1. Lb's are for the COMPUTER! since they do not use naval invasion effectively...in most mods anyway. The human player should not use them.

2. Why play as england, scotland, aztecs??? once u conquer your island, the game is effectively over with. I kinda like the feeling of being at risk during the entire game.

thanx

Default Re: land bridge

You need to add them in one of the campaign .tga files. I think it is in 'map_features.tga'. You can have a look at how existing ones are done and you can add your own. Just make sure the colour values are exact. You may also need to modify the terrain (map_heights.tga) since land bridges can only span a single sea tile.

Unspoken Knight

since land bridges can only span a single sea tile.
    I don't think that's true... I added landbridges to my game and had them crossing multiple tiles.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Thanks Garnier,

I wasn't certain off-hand, but didn't think they could span multiple sea tiles.

Thanks for the correction,

Unspoken Knight

Here's my map_features.tga with the landbridge at calais added in. It's the vanilla file with my change (vanilla and retrofit have the same map file).

Place this file in your world\maps\base folder, and delete map.rwm that is there, so it generates a new map when you run the game. Then start a new campaign, and it should be there.

Retired moderator of TWC

Thanks a million G, will this work w/other mods also? once again thanx.

It works with any mod that doesn't change the map. I don't know how many mods like this there are, LTC is the only one that I play. Yes, it does work with LTC.

Retired moderator of TWC