Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Various tweaks for EB

Default Various tweaks for EB

Download:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/68774857/Data.zip

Stuff changed:
    Made it possible to play custom battles without changing the EDU. All factional units and some regional ones should be available in custom battles, without any effect on campaign gameplay. If any factional units don't show up, please let me know.
    Added assimilation system--assimilation of non-homeland privinces is very expensive and requires you put up with big penalties for a long time. But it allows you to build a Gov I once the process is complete.
    Reworked governments--compared to regular EB, putting more centralised governments in place is more expensive and lengthy, but more rewarding in the long term.
    Increased bonii for many unique "buildings".
    Newly-captured provinces will now be in a state of anarchy. This is bad. Very bad. So hurry up with the temporary military government. By the way, you can just destroy it, but that will break the government building conditions, so don't.
    Reworked economy--again, many buildings made to be more costly but more rewarding.
    Reworked the stats of naval units. Generally speaking, ships cost more to build but less to maintain than in plain EB; they no longer all have the same manpower.
    Changed the costs of artillery units for more realism. Maybe it will actually be worth building them now.
    Modified ranged units--ranged attacks (especially javelins which I find useless) have been made generally more powerful. Slings are no longer armour-piercing uberweapons and they have less range than bows, but more ammunition.
    And Stuff. I may have forgotten some things.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Koinon Hellenon now has two different Gov Is, one is a democracy meant for Athens and similar city states,the other is the Spartan Agoge, only certain provinces can have it though so you can't turn Athens into a Spartan-style state.
    Last edited by CirdanDharix; November 10, 2007 at 10:36 AM.

Default Re: Various tweaks for EB

whoaa, some very interesting ideas and features, especially the assimilation system sounds great. Downloading now

Btw, you might want to post this over at the .org, too, far more EBians and devs there.

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Is this compatable with the city mod and twfanatics mod? Here are the links...

City Mod: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79775

Twfanatics mod: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94341

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

really interesting thoughts,

Icydawgfish: No, but I could make it compatible in future. Probably.

Malibu.Stacey: you mean EuropaBarbarorum.org? might do.

Thanks. I'll be looking foreward to it.

save game compatible?

dr_plauxgel: probably, since I didn't change any traits. But, you will miss out on some stuff if you load a previous save-game: it will be impossible to build the Agoge government anywhere (Sparta should still have it, unless the Makedonians or someone captured the city), and the Koinon Hellenon won't start with their democratic government anywhere. Also, you may end up with problems if you have a province that has no government in it when load the savegame (if it just has no government, rather than the Anarchy "government", then you won't be bale to build any governments). Plus, with all the changes I've made to governments (other things also, but governments will probably be the most noticeable) things might look very odd. So, although you can load a savegame and it shouldn't crash, I wouldn't recommend doing so.

By the way, I've got a version that is compatible with Fanatic's mod, but since this basically involves sticking his changes on top of my changes, I'll ask for his permission to distribute it first.

thanks... well ill wait seeing as im nearing the end of my roman camp. any chance we can port this to use the barbarian invasion.EXE as it has the rebel to faction ability for generals?? would be a cool feature allowing potomaic and selukid generals to switch sides depending on the infuance of the leader. more historic that way

I don't have BI so I don't know what changes would be needed and if they're possible. Since EB itself works with BI there's a good chance my tweaks won't stop it, but I can't test that myself.

By the way, I've updated the download link--this new version is "compatible with" Fanatic's Mod; actually, it is TWFanatic's plus mine mixed together, since that was the only way to do it. So now, you get two mods in one download! Thanks go to TWFanatic for letting me stick my code on top of his like this.

I've also added a new tweak/feature: for the factions that set up colonies of military settlers, these military colonies enable the recruitment of appropriate units; klerouchoi phalangitai for all, and the upgraded colony gives better units for the Eastern Hellenistic factions (dependant on faction: Baktria only get Pezhetairoi, AS gets the Pezhetairoi and Argyraspidai like this, Ptolemies get their military settler elites). The units recruited through military colonies either are no longer recruitable through the standard MICs, or have had their AOR restricted. This gives more incentive for building military colonies and is realistic. Also, all colony buildings have been re-balanced--even for the factions that send out colonists, rather than settling them, there should be more incentive to use them. Also, Carthaginian Sacred Bands are now recruited from the Temple Complex unique building in Carthage herself.
    Last edited by CirdanDharix; November 09, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Cool mod Cirdan +rep! One question though is there a way I can just have all the changes to the government buildings and economic changes without all the unit changes? I've made some tweaks myself with some units and I don't want to have to start over again or have a CTD when I use your mod. Thanks in advance.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Yes, you just extract the files that interest you from the archive and not the rest. You may have to remove mention of the first cohorts from the export_descr_buildings file to avoid CTDs if you do this.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Cool thanks.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Hi, I do have Bi and would like to try your tweaks.
    Can anyone tell me where to put all the files? I noticed for instance that inside the folder Data/UI/UNITS/SELECEUD I find roman infantry.tga so I'm a bit confused.
    Thanks.

Hi, I'm having problems with the "Anarchy" government not appearing sometimes when I conquer a settlement, or sometimes the "Anarchy" isn't the correct culture.

Can you tell me how to create the Anarchy building?

Thanks for making it compatable with fanatic's mod, but is it compatable with the city mod as well? I simply will not play with out that mod.

Marcus Publius's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by icydawgfish View Post
    Thanks for making it compatable with fanatic's mod, but is it compatable with the city mod as well? I simply will not play with out that mod.
    Same threre.

I will give it a shot later

Great work tho

Icon13 Re: Various tweaks for EB

30 days free, and then you have to pay....!that sucks!
    everybody shares their work for free, even the huge and awesome mods like EB or RTR, and you ask money for the few changes you've made?
    i'nt gonna give you a damn penny
    sorry

is there anyway u can just use the edu to sort out custom battle and all?
    True bread is for True Romans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast