Thread: Empire Total War 4 Seasons?

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Default Empire Total War 4 Seasons?

I know this Has been Talked About but in the Wrong Thread So ill Make one for The 4 Seasons.

So what do u guys think.Is it A good Idea to Put 4 seasons??I think yes Beacuse The Game only lasts what 100 years sooo would be more common Sence and Really cool to.I mean what would this Do to Effect the Battles as well we all know summer and Winter effects.So what do u all think Autum and Spring will do in this Game if its Put into Effect.

I think Autum would Put alot of Beauty and ALot I mean alot of Wind on the battle field In autum.

For spring probly more of a Rainy Season i think.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Default Re: Empire Total War 4 Seasons?

I've said this since thegame was announced.

I honestyl hope and think that through this new Engine they will portrait the 4 seasons of the year and make it a beautiful feature of ETW. It'll also give us approximately 400 turns depending on how many years the game will covers. They said that it'll be from 18th century to the early 19th century, but we'll have to wait and see.

Lets just hope they can pull this off and that we'll se the 4 seasons!
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

That would be excellent, to have 4 season a year would make changes in the way to "work" the campaign map and the tactics in the battlefield. Also, it would make it better in order to develop a proper economy before starting wars in multiple theaters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

different_13's Avatar Civitate

In terms of effects, I can imagine either Spring or Autumn could cause certain provinces to become flooded (if there's a big river, it could overflow..)
    This would obviously give any armies moving around movement penalties.

Winter and Summer would be pretty much the same - movement penalties in the appropriate provinces.

In terms of battles, I doubt wind would have much effect on bullets, and I don't think CA would implement a wind feature 'just' for the Indian (American and Asian) and other 'primitive' factions.

In terms of campaign length, I think it's a very much-needed feature. But I spose if they don't implement it, some modders will.
    Life, go easy on me

Then I weighed him I said, “Holy ****!” because he weighs 900,000,000,000,000,000 tons. That amazing weight made me say the “S” word.
    for more from the wonderful world of Humber Reloaded, just google it!

Under the patronage of imb39

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

It would be awesome to fight during Autumn.

Its something I hoped for since RTW.

4 seasons, not just for hotels any more! nyuk nyuk nyuk! Dig it.

A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.
    --George Patton

Hell hath no fury like a non-combatant.
    --Charles Edward Montague

Oscar Wilde was a child molester. Quoting him doesn't mean that you're smart...you're just promoting a homosexual pedophile.
    --Sgt. Schultz

Quote Originally Posted by different_13 View Post
    In terms of effects, I can imagine either Spring or Autumn could cause certain provinces to become flooded (if there's a big river, it could overflow..)
    This would obviously give any armies moving around movement penalties.

Winter and Summer would be pretty much the same - movement penalties in the appropriate provinces.

In terms of battles, I doubt wind would have much effect on bullets, and I don't think CA would implement a wind feature 'just' for the Indian (American and Asian) and other 'primitive' factions.

In terms of campaign length, I think it's a very much-needed feature. But I spose if they don't implement it, some modders will.
    Wind actully should play role since it will in Naval combat i think wind effect should change the Way you fight becuase wind can effect Accuracy.And allso Effect Army Fighting effectiveness.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

The idea of 4 seasons is something I loved in Shogun. It actually made you "THINK" before you went off on a spending spree. Spending all your money on turn one and then running out of money just when you need to recruit needed reinforcements was just ouchy.

CA, please bring this back!
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Quote Originally Posted by The Mongol View Post
    It would be awesome to fight during Autumn.

Its something I hoped for since RTW.
    Yeah the orange/brown colours on the trees and leaves

They could make this a really beautiful game, baah Im getting a feeling that we'll indeed get 4 seasons

it would be excellent to be cultivating different crops for different seasons in this game. Like making more money from strawberries in summer and like rotating the strawberries into winter vegetables! Or like the seas are to choppy to sail on, or they freeze up in winter. You can do so much with all these different seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer93 View Post
    it would be excellent to be cultivating different crops for different seasons in this game. Like making more money from strawberries in summer and like rotating the strawberries into winter vegetables! Or like the seas are to choppy to sail on, or they freeze up in winter. You can do so much with all these different seasons.
    LoL Imagine Sea battles in Winter!!!!! wow imagine seeing Huge ice Burgs and allmost hitting one or actully hit one that be soooooooo tight.

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    LoL Imagine Sea battles in Winter!!!!! wow imagine seeing Huge ice Burgs and allmost hitting one or actully hit one that be soooooooo tight.
    Now that you say, darn its gonna be so fun to make my foes ships sink and watch it slowly go down. And watch their crew drown.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by King Arsen View Post
    Now that you say, darn its gonna be so fun to make my foes ships sink and watch it slowly go down. And watch their crew drown.

lol
    Ram the enemy Ships into ICE BURGS YARG!!!!!