Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATW Music Pack

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default ATW Music Pack

Music is a very personal thing, so it is hard to please everyone. Many people feel that music in games should be so 'good' that you don't even notice it. I don't, I think that is pointless. I think good music for a Total War experience should really inspire you even transport you to the places you wanted to go, to the feelings you want to feel when you bought the game in the very first place.

It took me a few years to find enough music of the right kind to be able to put together a soundtrack to the wars of Britain in 500 AD. I have tried to be as faithful to the spirit of the peoples in my choices as I could. I am both a historian and a musician so I was keen to do the best job possible, but unfortunately some things you jsut can't get- for instance, it was virtually impossible to find music in pure Anglo-Saxon with intruments from that era. So I went with music that was in Old Norse or early Middle English, late Anglo-Saxon etc. Sometimes I went with cinematic music and sometimes actual folk music. Some of the pieces are over a thousand years old, others date to the Middle Ages. Some pieces are modern, but I don't think you will notice. The modern or cinematic pieces I tried to keep to the intro and credits so only the really old sounding music was with you in the game, so you get a really powerful feeling of being in those times.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JSW1SVQQ

Waes thu Hael!
    Hross

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: ATW Music Pack

REP ME!!! who's your daddy!?!

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

A must-be-tried when you play ATW!

You need winrar to install it, then you have to select the files inside the unpacked directory, copy then paste it in your ATW directory like the other patches. You can install the pack on all ATW versions. ATW full build with mod switch will require of course another version of the pack to fit the mod switch.

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers
    -Finnsburgh Fragment

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

WOOHOO thank you!

I'm really glad to finally see this released, everyone deserves to hear the results of your work Hross.

Antagonist

EDIT: This should be on the front-page, I think.
    Last edited by Antagonist; November 01, 2007 at 05:06 PM.
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

I haven't listened to this yet, but am very eager to. I just hate having to wait for it to start downloading, and the download speed isn't exactly glorious, either - mind if I mirror this on my filefront page when I'm done downloading it?
    Last edited by Beiss; November 01, 2007 at 05:24 PM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

wow, this music is great! nearly every germanic song sends chills down my spine!

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Yep, if someone wants to do mirror links, its welcome

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

What about copyrights? I recognised some of the artists in there, such as Storm's Innferd.

I wonder a bit about that too. Can this stuff really be spread around like this?
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Is ATW full version out yet?

All I can say WOW! It's impressive, and I've listen to but a couple tracks. Played a Gaelic battle, beautiful. The intro music, seem to put you in the time, again just beautiful.

Most enjoyable...thanks.

HRoss
    I have held back from playing Raven Feeders wanting to wait for this music pack.
    My reasoning was ATW is a mod of exceptional crafting that I figured the music addon would also be of the same standard.
    ....and so it IS!
    Well done thnaks for your time and effort +Rep for you mien Gutte mann from Guttenburg.
    Salut!

Can Arthurian team make link on www.filefront.com/ ?

I have this on my filefront page. I just don't know if it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    I have this on my filefront page. I just don't know if it's legal.
    Where is your web-page?

http://hosted.filefront.com/beissman <- there. I need hross to tell me the legal status of this music pack though - I don't want to run the risk of being banned from FileFront.

I noticed an error in the music pack.

the track "germanic battle 2" is played at every single battle, while "Germanic_battle" is never played.

i can't unpack it to fix the problem, can the fix be released in a small patch perhaps?

Well spotted... the release version of the music-pack is actually newer than the version which we've used internally for a while, figures something like this would slip past.

You can correct this by editing descr_sounds_music in the bi/data subdir of your ATW install. It's split up by culture, scroll down to Barbarian, and near the top under MUSIC_BATTLE_BATTLE add "Germanic_battle.mp3" on a new line right between "Germanic_battle2.mp3" and "end" That should do it.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast