Thread: What is IB VGR Mod?

Default What is IB VGR Mod?

IB VGR Mod

IB VGR Mod is based on the desperate situation the Roman Empire had to face from the barbarian invasions and their newly established kingdoms during the fifth century.

The VGR Mod contains some ideas, buildings, free access to the IB materials and model units from the Invisio Barbarorum up to its Rio's IBFD BRG II. It contains historical Germanic, Gaelic, and Romano British model units from Arthurian TW. and it contains Ice Torques beautiful BI WarMap. From these mods my mod is truly indebted and for that I'm grateful. With the addition of Beyond Roman Glory their are incentives to recapture Roman Glory and to even go Beyond. I have added new ancillaries, buildings and have implemented a new military, economic and capital cities with a unique economic system, (Legion Augusta III further enhancements)and recently created for most factions client kingdoms and Sassanid saptry units. The mod had developed into a unique mod very different from the original IB.

It contains two campaigns, a 434AD provincial campaign and the 463AD main campaign. The provincial campaign in 434AD depicts the Western Roman Empire as on the verge of collapse. A huge and mighty Hun Empire has threatened to engulf anything in their way thus creating a wave of desperate fleeing Germanic hordes into Roman lands, thus severely crippling the Western Empire. In the 463AD campaign the Western Roman Empire is depicted on its final leg. Much of its vast European boundaries have now dissipated to the Italian peninsula itself. Many of the invading Barbarians had by this time rooted themselves into established kingdoms within the Roman Empire. The Empire in the east is now the new Roma and the Empires base of strength but even they are faced with an equal in the east, the Sassanids.

The VGR Mod campaigns of 434 AD and 463AD requires the player to rebuild its empire and to once again regain the lands it has lost to the expanding barbarian hordes and from the mighty Huns. Bringing back this imperial glory is worthy of only a true Roman emperor for only through his greatness this can be done. But once accomplished the other worlds that were never fully Romanized such as Northern Britannia and Hibernia, Germanica, the Asian steppes, and the Sassanian Empire now can become its newest conquests for Beyond Roman Glory.

The game is set up to play out in a historical fashion. There are what I call general "truths" that this author has allowed for game play and historical imagination. As a player you have the ability to change history. Nothing is etched in stone. Factions that do not have more than a few provinces will be at a disadvantage, and therefore they will be a challenge to play but their win conditions are set much lower.
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 09, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod