Thread: mute units

Icon4 mute units

Im quite excited about this mod but Im lucky to have a sound issue. Some units dont have sound during battles! Illyrian and Baktrian units are mostly mute like most of the new barbarians. It seens that only the "old" units have their sounds like there was a problem intalling the new unit sounds.

OBS: I downloaded it two times and reinstalled it. I also tried renaming the events.dat file but it only made things worse. Other mods had no issues here. Only SPQR had the same problem.

Can anyone help?

Default Re: mute units

Normally, deleting or renaming the two files(events and events.idx) from Rome - Total War\data\sounds should do the trick. BUT afaik some units were codded wrong in the text files. The germans(except one or twoo iirc) for example were not added at all. And all the custom units were codded wrong. Instead of unit name custom they were added as custom unit name. This is evident if you play custom battles. There you actually play with the units used by the slaves in the campaign and not the proper aor ones that the factions recruit. So, it will not be evident in campaign battles.
    It takes a bit of modding to corect these so I don`t think that it will be done soon if at all. Anyone with time and skills that wants to take a shot at it is more then welcomed to try.
    None the less, most units should have sounds in the campaign battles. Try renaming both the files I said.

Default Re: mute units

hey florin80 renaming both files actually worked

BUT the cavalry of the Illyrians and bactrians is still soundless (the factions Ive played so far). No matter all the foot units have sounds now!

thanx a lot!

Edit: perhaps u guys could add this sound problem for a future patch release?