Thread: loyalty and rebellions

Civis

Default loyalty and rebellions

Hello all

First I want to say that this mod is really great and i like it much more than IBFD, essentially cause in this mod the loyalty of generals hasn't been removed from game, leaving this very beatiful element of play in the game.

But I'm not really sure if is still possible the spawning of rebl factions with the rebellion of an unloyal gneral.

May I know if it is still possible?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: loyalty and rebellions

Quote Originally Posted by marseu View Post
    Hello all

First I want to say that this mod is really great and i like it much more than IBFD, essentially cause in this mod the loyalty of generals hasn't been removed from game, leaving this very beatiful element of play in the game.

But I'm not really sure if is still possible the spawning of rebl factions with the rebellion of an unloyal gneral.

May I know if it is still possible?
    Glad you arre enjoying the game. Yes, having rebel generals and a rebel faction was intended to be part of this campaign to reflect the distrust of some of Julian's generals who didn't believe in his ideas.

A rebel faction will not be spawned by a rebel general. If a city revolts and becomes the roman rebels, then a disloyal general may change sides and join the rebels.

If on the other hand, the roman rebels are destoyed, then a disloyal general may join the free peoples faction.

Hope this helps.

I really like the (dis)loyalty system. And I absolutely think this mod has amazing potential, depicting one of the most epic ideological struggles of the age with the 'swan song' of stoic/platonic thinking and paganism, never to be heard of much again. That and for some reason I find civil war so much grittier and interesting than foreign wars. The political loyalty of generals was a crucial factor in the collapse of Rome, something I feel has been terribly left out of Ruina Romae, Rio's and so on.

So far it is looking good but there is much to be done.

Very promising! The Romans Army is great and very realistic but I would have some comment (I hope constructive) on traits and ancillaries wich in my opinion are fundamental for giving depth to a mod like this one.
    i'd like to have more career traits and ancillaries:for example i added traits like gothicus, persicus maximus,germanicus, barbaroctono, restituor orbis and so on depending upon the number of victories against each nation.

I am also trying to add some dynastic trait in order to arrange it with the lojalty trait in order to stimulate the wars between expecting to the throne (for costantinian, teodosian and some other persian and barbarian family )
    a suggestion: why not used the magnificent ones goths contained in the first one release of Razor?

Thank you for this great mod!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Ahh, you've stolen my thunder, that's exactly what I will be doing for IJV3.0, adding traits like Parthicus Maximus, Gothicus Maximus etc, as well as adding ethnic traits like gallic-roman, hispanic-roman etc. Will also be making ancillaries more easily available.

Drop me a PM, I'd be more thatn happy to look at what you have done an incorporate your ideas into the next version of IJ.

Cheers
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; September 30, 2008 at 03:44 PM.

i've sent you a pm
    here's another example

As you can see i adapted many traits and ancy taken from one of the first versions of europabarbarorum mod

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Ahh, you've stolen my thunder, that's exactly what I will be doing for IJV3.0, adding traits like Parthicus Maximus, Gothicus Maximus etc, as well as adding ethnic traits like gallic-roman, hispanic-roman etc. Will also be making ancillaries more easily available.

Drop me a PM, I'd be more thatn happy to look at what you have done an incorporate your ideas into the next version of IJ.

Cheers
    IJV3.0 will be so great. Really looking forward to it.