Thread: A Simple tip for the Julii

Default A Simple tip for the Julii

Apologies if this is blindingly obvious but I have never seen it on the forums
    Turn 1 Send 1 boat outside Rome and put Diplomat on it (use all boat's movement points towards Sicily)
    Turn 2 Use all boat's movement points round the bottom of Sicily
    Turn 3 Drop off Diplomat on Sicily (close to Greek diplomat) and blockade Syracuse
    Turn 4 Offer Greeks ceasfire for 18,000 denari (they will pay) (even if Carthage has taken Syracuse) Then reblockade Syracuse
    Turn 5 If Carthage has taken Syracuse offer ceasfire for 15,000 denari. If still in Greek hands wait till turn 6 and offer ceasfire for 15,00 denari
    The result is a lot of extra denari without really affecting your campaign

ENJOY

Default Re: A Simple tip for the Julii

lol i knew that lol its VERY useful and helps a lots
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

I should point out that you can use this method on white label or Gold. If you are using Vanilla it's even easier just blockade Carthage (or Lilybaum if they have a port) after Syracuse, on most versions of the game you can normally get 3 cash injections through ceasefire (during the early stages of the game) off of both the Greeks and Carthagenians after that they get a bit narked off with you although on vanilla I once managed to get Thermon off of the Greeks as well
    Another thing to point out is that the Gauls and Germans and sometimes the Dacians will pay up to 9,000 denari for a ceasefire. If you ask nicely enough and at the right time (normally after you have clouted them about three times) and in the Gauls case you beat the other Roman factions to it (greedy gits)
    Finally If you are playing White Label or Gold it is normally the case to get only 1 ceasefire payment per turn (although offers on the end of turn changeover don't seem to affect this)

Great tip, Nuisance! I hope it helps all the people who are wailing that the ai is impotent and needs to be improved.

Thanks for your comments guys, if it helps one person then it's been worth it
    I think that it is highly likely that something similar would work for the Brutti and the Scippi, I don't play as these factions so I haven't tried it, but I would suspect that The greeks would pay off the Scippi and Carthage would pay off the Brutti, unfortunatly the Gauls don't have easily accessable ports (to blockade) straight away

rusina's Avatar Domesticus

great tip

is this on VH difficulty?

I normally play on Campaign hard and battle very hard settings, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work on campaign very hard. The beauty of this is that it happens very early in a campaign so it's quite easy to check