Thread: How to entirely change a faction

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Default How to entirely change a faction

Hello to everyone,

For a mod, I want to change some factions (egypt for instance...) to wales (for instance).

But I've a question how can I delete units, buildings to put new ?

Thanks

Default Re: How to entirely change a faction

Nobody can help me ?

after unpacked medieval you have to do this

you have to keep off all egyptian islamic units of the export_descr_unit.txt
    then keep off those units of the export_descr_buildings.txt

next you have to modify the descr_sm_factions.txt and turn egypt into a northern_european faction.

then fo do text folder and modify expanded.txt and campaign_descriptions.txt

go to menu folder and modify all egypt images, and do the same for all egypt images in the ui folder.

you should edit too in world/base folde regions and change factions creator for all old egypt regions.

than go to world/base/campagn/imperial campain and modify descr_win_condition. then modify descr_strat. in this folder you have to edit too egyptiain images.

so come back to the data folder and edit descr_names and descr_names_lookup. the new names should be added in data/text/names.txt.

then go to data/banners modify the symbolsX.tga.dss I dont know which have egyptian flag. go to data/banners/textures and modify egyptian flag.

now go data folder and edity descr_character and modify all egyptian islamics characters to european characters. now you should do go data/models_strat and copy milan textures (because they are green). change milan into egypt.

now you should keep that textures adress in the battle_models.modeldb whos a data base of textures.

come back to data folder. and open export_descr_unit.txt now add new european units to egypt. then add them do export_descr_buildings.txt. you should now go to data/unit_models and copy all scotish textures, change name into egypt and edit them to keep them green.

when you did all that go to descr_strat and you have to add a king, an heir a wife ... and generals with their amies.

you can find tutorials in this forum for each step. i only gived you a vision of what you shoul do to transfor egypt into walles.

You have to remove all references to the units you delete from export_descr_units. Files that use units are descr_strat.txt, descr_rebel_factions.txt, descr_mercenaries.txt, export_descr_guilds.txt (some triggers for the swordsmith's guild test for the training of sword units) and campaign_script.txt.

ok thanks a lot

Opifex

Yes entirely removing factions is completely possible. The very best tutorial is this one: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=77806

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

lol sinople, or should I say stilgar.