Thread: The Next Lordz Release- Faction Announcement

Default The Next Lordz Release- Faction Announcement

It’s been a while since you have heard anything from the Lordz Modding Collective officially, but the wait was not in vain gentlemen.

We’ve been hard at work on a new faction. Those of the NTW community who have been clever enough, or perhaps just noisy, might have already discovered what that faction might be. In the hopes of not becoming a killjoy, I’ll let the folks who have no idea what I am talking about in on the secret: we placed a hint in the previous release. This Easter Egg, if you were able to find it, would have given most community members an idea of what we were planning on creating. Without further ado, here is the hidden clue found deep in Rome - Total War\napoleonic\data\UI\unit_info\sweden

Still lost? It’s an image of a Swedish infantryman. While we won’t give away every detail in this next release, you can expect (in addition to the new Swedish faction) the usual touch-ups and fixes. Here are a few screenshots to amuse you or perhaps frustrate you as the next release is completed.

More information will follow shortly!
    -The Lordz
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: The Next Lordz Release- Faction Announcement

They look great! Cant wait to see some more screenies.
    Last edited by Titus; October 29, 2007 at 08:08 AM.

In time we'll post more don't worry.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Excellent, I haven't been paying much attention to this mod before, so can you tell me where the latest download is, also do you have Austria already done or planned?

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    Excellent, I haven't been paying much attention to this mod before, so can you tell me where the latest download is, also do you have Austria already done or planned?
    I spent the better part of my morning Saturday last making this thread just for questions like these.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

awesome, Swedes eh?? is if this mod wasn't good enough.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice addon

Beautifully done!

Default Re: The Next Lordz Release- Swedish Faction Updated Dec. 12

Okay, since my last couple of pictures did not seem to excite anyone, I’ll host up a few more. Instead of just posting random screenies, I have a nice, pretty battle for you to gander at. I have my movie editor enabled, so sorry for the odd angels on these shots, they are screenies, but look a tad different from the normal ones that I posted.

Attackers- Russia vs. Defenders- Sweden.

The Swedes line up for battle:
    Swedish Jagers

The Hussars wait in the woods. Check out their fair hair.

The artillerymen begin to load their great guns, preparing for the onslaught of the Russian horde. (As an aside, I really like this image).

The Russians begin their advance. The Swedish line infantry begins to march forward to meet the threat.

Open fire! and the battle begins in earnest.

On the Swedish right there is heavy fighting and the cavalry, light dragoons, decide to take it upon themselves to charge a wayward contingent of Russian dragoons.

The Russians, seeing the threat to their scouting unit, prepare a counter charge. Their heavy horsemen quickly begin to prove their worth against the lighter troops and turn them back. But, the horsemen are checked by the brave and professional Finnish Jagers who manage to hold off the victorious Russian horse long enough for their own line infantry to arrive. (Note the one soldier using his musket like a club!)

Russian infantry, seeing the large swathe of death being hewn by the heavies, march stolidly on to fill the gap. By this time however, the Swedes already have infantry to plug the holes created by the horsemen and are able to hold off the charge, for now.

The Swedish left flank has not been idle. The Russians charged the left flank early in the game with both infantry and light cavalry. Locked in combat the troops could not move back, so many light infantrymen where lost. There was one reckless Hussar commander, peering out of the light scrub and woods, who saw the infantrymen’s plight and spurred his horse into battle. Hearing the yells and hoof beats coming from behind him made this poor drummer’s day. He was being slashed at by four enemy hussars, poor lad. Take heart that this musical killing machine was able to take out one of his tormentors before the Swedish Hussars reached him.

Combining the extra shock of the Swedish Hussar, the infantry rushes forward to deliver the killing blow to the Russian right. Horsemen and infantry scatter before them

To help bolster and complete the rout of the Russian right, the Swedish Cuirassier Corps charges home to help squeeze the fight out of the already bruised and befuddled Russian infantrymen. They fight well and manage to push the fleeing infantry up to the ridgeline where their glorious charge is checked in full. A unit of well-formed and fresh Russian Grenadiers marches over the crest, their head-dress denoting their fearsome reputation. The Cuirassier Corps commander refuses to yield the field though and is encircled. All contact is lost and his men, not knowing if their commander lives or perishes retreat, having last seen him surrounded by a ring of bloodied steel and rage-filled enemies.

Horrified by this sudden turn of events and seeing the armour-plated elites fall back, the Swedish left breaks into a full retreat.

The right flank is still embroiled in a massive melee…

…but on the left all is doom! Until some clever aides do their best to rally the troops.

By now both armies are spent, the kill rate is even and cavalry is mostly gone save for one remaining unit of the King’s Cuirassier Corps. The battlelines, woefully short, reform and begin to move towards one another again. The Cuirassier charge home into the centre of the weakened Russian line, breaking them, but the Russians are able to regroup.

The Swedes and Russians march toward one another again, bloody tired, but still able to harm one another. What follows is a series of attacks and withdraws until the finally the Russians win the upper hand. The Swedes are too few and the Russians too many and their battle lust is up. The Swedes await the final attack that will see them all dead.

Save the Flag!

Carnage ensues. This guy gets bayoneted right through the throat. Cool shot eh?

The flag bearers go at it. The gunners charge in to help.

The general cheers on his dying men as he goes forward into the fray.

As the final remnants of the Swedes are hunted down, the smoke fades to reveal the combatants flags, how poetic. It was a close battle, with loses begin fairly even, though needless to say the Swedes had fewer men on the field at the end of the day. I hope these waves of screenies will keep you happy until the release!

The Eagle Standard

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey great screens!

Very nice!

And thanks for the effort, I know getting all these nice screens usually takes a lot more than a couple of minutes.

Hope every thing's progressing well and soon enough the Russians will get a chance to defeat the Swedes many more times, hehe.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Thanks you two. This is was the first time I ever used the cin cam to take screenies. It was tedious, but I think the ability to be able to zoom anywhere is well worth the extra time it takes. The battle itself was alot of fun and I saw the screenies as we played, so it worked out well in the end. I hope you guys can enjoy the Swedes and the Ottomans soon. I want these guys released just as much as you do.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

When can we excpect a release of this?:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan123 View Post
    When can we excpect a release of this?:hmmm:
    When it is done of course. There is no ETA as of yet. We were planning on releasing it the end of last month (Jan) but we're encountered a snag that has been holding back the release. You'll know when it's out, don't worry.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Very nice, I'm downloading the Peninsular pack right now, hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you on the field

Although no doubt I'll be at the bottom of the heap for starters, but hopefully I'll be able to win a couple of battles.