Thread: buying mercenaries and ships threw diplomacy.

Praepositus

Default buying mercenaries and ships threw diplomacy.

I do not know if this has been discussed but how about buying ships and weapons threw diplomacy.Especially near at last years of the game many countries would bought ships from other countries even they called mercenaries officers to train more regular troops.
    Is there any clue if this is going to be considered ??

Default Re: buying mercenaries and ships threw diplomacy.

I'd hope it is, certainly on the naval side of things where privateers were in such common usage - a privateer is en essence a pseudo- pirate fighting under the protection of a nations flag.
    Humble on Appearance

One it would be hard to get diplomat to the rebel ships it would be more likly that as you would come near the ship they would ethier move away or start a fight it would be easier to have a buy mercenaries tab for all ship captians one star or higher if not the CA has made it so your generals now play a higher role with ships and they buy mercenaries.

Most nations had foreign contingents in their army that were bought and paid for by that nation. Often times this created a bit of resentment from the national homegrown troops as these mercenaries got better pay and more honours. France for some reason was big into this for a while.

Britain was a big proponent of this concept too since they could never hope to rival the continental powers with numbers.

Letters of marque and semi-official mercenaries would be a fun and backdoor way of creating some intrigue and also representing history somewhat. I do hope that this will happen in the early part of the game’s time period, as later on the rise of national armies and pride in one’ nation began to take root in the global powers.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

I would enjoy to see this in Empire. Foreign and merc generals even.

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

I think that would be cool Hire Genarals Again like in Barb Invastion i thought that was cool.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!