Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empire Q&A

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon10 Empire Q&A

Have you heard that the CA will post eleven questions and answers on the com tomorrow.

This post may be seen as spam but i just want to share the good news

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Empire Q&A

great
    Support Russia!

Do you have a link to this information?

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

http://blogs.sega-europe.com/blogs/totalwar/entry/11

The Answers are here

Sounds good to me but didint get to know any completle new stuff

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

good news.

Légion étrangère : « Honneur et Fidélité »

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I was hoping for some new info. I didn't really learn anything. Maybe in the next batch.

Skyler's Avatar Soul Searching Sun Gun
    Netherlands, universal centre of sexy coalas in hotpants

They have taken the 10 most commonly asked but already fully fleshed out questions and answered them! Hooray!

But, nice work on giving us the illusion of being cared for.

A SINnish member
    Under the patronage of Eclipse SG
    Cows bark, dolphins lie, it is all the same down here

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Will multiplayer actually be considered when the game is created?
    Multiplayer is very important to us this time around. A lot of the team are long-term multiplayer fans and we felt it was time to address their needs more openly. We're trying some things out in multiplayer that are completely new to Total War which we hope players will find interesting.

Maybe they might implement the Multieplayer Campeign Woo Dreams!
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    Will multiplayer actually be considered when the game is created?
    Multiplayer is very important to us this time around. A lot of the team are long-term multiplayer fans and we felt it was time to address their needs more openly. We're trying some things out in multiplayer that are completely new to Total War which we hope players will find interesting.

Maybe they might implement the Multieplayer Campeign Woo Dreams!
    I can't see a campaign working in multiplayer unless it was seriously dumbed down. It is far too complex and takes too long to be multiplayer.

a) How would you find people that you wanted to play with (ie not obnoxious little ***ts like most MMO infestants, sorry, inhabitants)

b) How would you get them to playing for long enough - a whole campaign?

c) How do you deal with the inevitable down times

Answers = Dumb it down and compromise.

Each to their own, if they are going to go down this route I feel they are seriously wasting a lot of time which should be invested elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised though. Many so-called PC gmes commentators always blather on about multiplayer this, multiplayer that as if it was the answer to everything PC game related. A hang over from the old days (before xboxlive etc...) and trying to differentiate from consoles in simple terms, for simple people.

I want to play as and when I like. I don't have the time nor the inclination to invest large periods of my life in a computer game just to be as good as some aenemic teenager who has retreated to his bedroom PC because he is too scared of the opposite sex to do anything else.

Multiplayer - fine, as long as it isn't exclusively. If it is, I'm off.

Irrationalo rant over, calmed down. It won't happen. I am glad they have entioned things like religion being less important - though they still wimped out of the whole Enlightenment theme by not making it an all out negative influence on social development, research and technology.
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; October 24, 2007 at 11:03 AM.

Woah.

Question: Will the game be super awesome and will you fix everything that's been broken so far?

CA's answer: Yes, of course! Buy our game! Everything is fixed! It's going to be great!

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Quote Originally Posted by holler View Post
    Woah.

Question: Will the game be super awesome and will you fix everything that's been broken so far?

CA's answer: Yes, of course! Buy our game! Everything is fixed! It's going to be great!
    You think really that CA will say: "Don't buy our game, it has many bugs because we must make satisfied the publishers."

Légion étrangère : « Honneur et Fidélité »

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

What kind of retarded Q&A was that? They have answered all those questions several times over in every interview! For god's sakes...

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

It is because folks are not asking the right questions, they are far too general. CA has also picked very general questions that can be answered in a very tight-lip but open-handed way. It is to sastisfy the mob, not the elite.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

good to hear. thanks for the info.

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Provocateur View Post
    I can't see a campaign working in multiplayer unless it was seriously dumbed down. It is far too complex and takes too long to be multiplayer.

a) How would you find people that you wanted to play with (ie not obnoxious little ***ts like most MMO infestants, sorry, inhabitants)

b) How would you get them to playing for long enough - a whole campaign?

c) How do you deal with the inevitable down times

Answers = Dumb it down and compromise.

Each to their own, if they are going to go down this route I feel they are seriously wasting a lot of time which should be invested elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised though. Many so-called PC gmes commentators always blather on about multiplayer this, multiplayer that as if it was the answer to everything PC game related. A hang over from the old days (before xboxlive etc...) and trying to differentiate from consoles in simple terms, for simple people.

I want to play as and when I like. I don't have the time nor the inclination to invest large periods of my life in a computer game just to be as good as some aenemic teenager who has retreated to his bedroom PC because he is too scared of the opposite sex to do anything else.

Multiplayer - fine, as long as it isn't exclusively. If it is, I'm off.

Irrationalo rant over, calmed down. It won't happen. I am glad they have entioned things like religion being less important - though they still wimped out of the whole Enlightenment theme by not making it an all out negative influence on social development, research and technology.
    They could Have it one sever is ran for 12 players only one so people can log in log out as they please lets say its live 24/7 one Campaign Map.So like lets say i play for like 2 hours for france or somthing what i have conqured and i leave someone else can take my spot when i log off like if no one fills spot for france its just computer till someone logs to play france.Vice versa for all 12 player slots or somthing like that.Now end to the game will be if Turns run out or if all goals have been made by the first nation.So dosnt mean u have to play 3000000 hours to finish the game u all Contribute to the game like fav nations are played till the end.And the campaign Resets when its finished.Sounds like fun for me.could allso add to a ladder thing like lets say america has won 2 campigns adds to ur ranks as u contribute and so forth.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    They could Have it one sever is ran for 12 players only one so people can log in log out as they please lets say its live 24/7 one Campaign Map.So like lets say i play for like 2 hours for france or somthing what i have conqured and i leave someone else can take my spot when i log off like if no one fills spot for france its just computer till someone logs to play france.Vice versa for all 12 player slots or somthing like that.Now end to the game will be if Turns run out or if all goals have been made by the first nation.So dosnt mean u have to play 3000000 hours to finish the game u all Contribute to the game like fav nations are played till the end.And the campaign Resets when its finished.Sounds like fun for me.could allso add to a ladder thing like lets say america has won 2 campigns adds to ur ranks as u contribute and so forth.
    Interesting thoughts, but I just don't see it happening. How would you ensure continuity and consistency between players playing factions? I alwys play with a grand strategy in mind, I odn't want o come back to my game to find someone has completely changed what I was doing. The key tp successful online games is a persistent world, wich means one that whilst it continues whilst you are away doesn't actually change in its fundamentals. So, in WoW, you can leave the game for months, nothing will happen to your character, nor to the basic environment. So, the Horde won't have taken over any Alliance lands. The political situation doesn't change even if your personal circumstances do. This can't be replicated in a game that is about politics.

Like I said, I prefer to play as and when i like. That might actually be really annoying to anyone unfortunate enough to have me playing in the same game as them online. Just as I find many of the people you meet in online games deeply obnoxious, they probaly feel the same about me.

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    It is because folks are not asking the right questions, they are far too general. CA has also picked very general questions that can be answered in a very tight-lip but open-handed way. It is to sastisfy the mob, not the elite.

Devoirs The Empress
    I bet my right nut that there were infact other and more more interesting questions being asked. The fault is no doubt with CA, since as you said, they picked the questions that are very general. The questions were still exactly what they have said in previews. Hope they get some new features next time.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Skyler's Avatar Soul Searching Sun Gun
    Netherlands, universal centre of sexy coalas in hotpants

Quote Originally Posted by Savage_Swede View Post
    I bet my right nut that there were infact other and more more interesting questions being asked. The fault is no doubt with CA, since as you said, they picked the questions that are very general. The questions were still exactly what they have said in previews. Hope they get some new features next time.
    They threw us a 20 year old bone and expected us to be happy about it.

Oh well we will just have to wait a couple of months more before some new info will be released.

A SINnish member
    Under the patronage of Eclipse SG
    Cows bark, dolphins lie, it is all the same down here

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Hi all, CA do follow these threads through their reps, and are most likely thinking what the hell have we let our selves in for. They will be lynched by the forum fans if they try a showy game with a few tricks thrown in, I hope Jack and the lads are keeping the developers on their toes. Being an optimist I think they will produce the goods, perhaps not everything we want, However if they make the game very modable it should satisfy even the most critical of the TW series fans. regards magpie.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Can someone post the Q&A?
    I can't access the blog site for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast