Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Docudemons

Default Kingdoms Docudemons

I have added the Kingdoms Docudemons to the M2TW Tools downloads page:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1681

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Character Script Labels:
    ========================

One important change is the use of character script labels. Characters can be created with a unique script label in descr_strat or through the spawn_army/character script commands. These script labels can be used in place of subsequent character names in other script commands to avoid conflict with other identically named characters. In fact, using unique script labels in all script commands that use a character name is highly recommended. Using character names directly in the script when multiple characters of the same name exist has undefined behaviour. Please check the various Kingdoms descr_strat.txt and campaign_script.txt files for usage examples.

Random Charater Names:
    ======================

Characters created through the script can have 'random_name' specified as their name. This will allocate the spawned character with a random name.

Unspoken Knight

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Re: Kingdoms Docudemons

Thanks a bunch

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Thank you for the labeling thingamajig, it sure comes in handy - circumventing the lack of it in RTW was a pain our collective neckarses.

Opifex

Thank you UnspokenKnight! Very nice, thanks a bunch.
    One last thing, would it be at all possible to get those animation files for Kingdoms that Caliban was trying to get for us?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks a lot!!

Opifex

A number of very important things are revealed here, but most importantly it is this one:

Code:
    Identifier:         faction_emerge
    Parameters:         emerging_faction, target_faction, min_num_remain, max_order_threshold, max_order_threshold_surrounding, max_order_dropoff, min_level_threshold, fire_emerge_message, leader_script_label, leader_name, leader_age
    Description:        Evaluates the target factions settlements with a settlement level >= min_level_threshold and public order <= max_order_threshold.  If the settlement with the lowest order fails, is it turned over to the emerge_faction.  The leader_script_label and leader_name are used if a new leader is required.  min_num_remain specifies the minimum number of settlements for the target faction to keep. Surrounding regions are also evaluated against the surrounding threshold.
    Sample use:         faction_emerge barons_alliance England 1 85.0 100.0 1.2 town false edward1 Edward 30
    Class:              FACTION_EMERGE
    Implemented:        Yes
    Author:             ScottL
    And almost as importantly,

Code:
    Identifier:         set_faction_standing
    Parameters:         faction, faction, amount
    Description:        Changes first faction's standing towards second faction.
    Sample use:         set_faction_standing England France -0.8
    Class:              SET_FACTION_STANDING
    Implemented:        Yes
    Author:             Mark

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Bump. For me there is no substitute for this download.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

There is a sticky by GED in this forum....

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

And I use these files because they are much easier to work with.

Don't you use Notepad++? Or am I missing some way to open a .xls using that app?

If you do use Notepad++, and I'm not missing something, then can you explain how you find the .xls easier to work with?

Cheers
    Last edited by Taiji; July 29, 2010 at 10:24 AM.

Blog Entries

I am using it purely as reference, didn't know it was actually a different set up.
    Over time I got quite used to flipping from one page to the next, building my script.

Do tell me, how do you use notepad++ with the other version in an advantageous matter?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Vertically split view. Docudemons and other reference material on the right, work on the left.

I could even have 2 views on the left and not lose much of the viewable area of the file because of the way the .xls is presented, with the first 17 fields stuck containing info I don't ever need.

If there is some way to get rid of the view blocking info on excel viewer then I don't know it.

Here's an example of the view blocking info:
    Hello and thank you for downloading this version of the Ultimate Docudemons for M2TW by The TW: Mod Squad. The Ultimate Docudemons is intended to be the ultimate reference tool for modders, the way it should have been released by CA. Inside you will find the original 1.2 Docudemons as released by CA as well as a host of other useful information. Some has been imported straight from the text files and reformatted, some has been laboriously hand typed. The Ultimate Docudemons will be periodically updated and a new version assigned. Minor updates and corrections will incremented as 1.1 and 1.2, major updates such as adding a new category will be 2.0 and 3.0 so you know how current your files are. If you notice any errors or omissions or would like a new category added please let us know on our forums at www.twmodsquad.com. You will also find a nice compilation of modding knowledge that is expanding every day on our site. We are always looking for quality people to join the team and help us expand and collate the knowledge base as well as work on both the minor and major mods we are working on.

Below is the official list of commands from the 1.2 Docudemons:
    Constantly takes up 17 fields, and doesn't have any use for a modder that I can discern. So I use the originals and have no need to switch between my modding tool and an app I'd never use otherwise.
    Last edited by Taiji; July 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Blog Entries

That does sound more pratical,thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I can really recommend it. It's where I landed first, and when I later came to trying the ultimate docudemons I couldn't stand the difference.

BTW I am not knocking GED's efforts, there is a lot of useful info in UltimateDocudemons, I am just extremely fussy.
    Last edited by Taiji; July 29, 2010 at 01:37 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Doesn't everybody have dual screens? I mean that makes it so much easier, put the excel document in one window and notepad++ in the other!!
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Dual screen is a luxury I can't afford so back to old skool for me.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I'd imagine I'd have a use for one of my redundant extra screens, if I were less efficient (or less lazy, I get the 2 confused...)
    Last edited by Taiji; July 30, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Anyone know of anything like this for newer titles?

Trying to script in Shogun2 is like shooting a bow and arrow at targets 5,000 feet away in a dark room...

No idea but if you can't find help in Shogun2 workshop forum, well you might have to write the tutorials yourself? Aren't there at least a few? Isn't it the most moddable latter title?

There are many aspects of Shogun2 that are very moddable, but as far as scripting.. there's not much on it.

We're given a file called scripting.lua and theres all sorts of coding/syntax and structure styles that are pulled out of thin air, and no list of commands or examples of how to combine different pieces together, and if you make any error the game crashes when u start a new campaign.. so really the whole things a bit of a mess.
    If I ever figure out a full list of commands or the complicated script im trying to make, I will of course post a guide.

EDIT:
    here we go
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Script-o-Rama
    Last edited by Havie; November 27, 2017 at 02:27 PM.

No equivalent to system log either? We are a bit off-topic but if shogun ever get out of steam I might buy it if only to check out it's modding possibilities... Outside of the scripts, is there a lot of hardcoded limits like in medieval 2? No need to give me a full list, just a idea for curiosity purpose?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast