Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotseat mode in Rome?

Default Hotseat mode in Rome?

Is hotseat possible in Rome, or is there a way for the player to control mutliple Factions?

Default Re: Hotseat mode in Rome?

Yes, there is. A couple of players have made an AAR with hotseat mode, Rise of Empires. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122539
    And this is the link to the mod,http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=64876.
    Hope that this helps.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Thanks that helped alot

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

I would like to add to this, how do you play on Hotseat mode in Rome: Total War anyway? I have only done it on Medieval II: Kingdoms...

I don't know. The players in the AAR could probably tell you, or it might be on the site of the mod.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Julius View Post
    I would like to add to this, how do you play on Hotseat mode in Rome: Total War anyway? I have only done it on Medieval II: Kingdoms...
    phbbt... go to the link selifator made to the org. check the first post. has install istructions, and a dl link.

But that is the sort of multiplayer version. How do I get it to work just like in medieval 2? For example two people playing on one pc, choosing multiple factions?

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

that is what the script does. there is no official multiplayer mode campaign in RTW, be happy you have this mod.

you run the script as directed to make it multi factions. check Selifators link to the org...

it aint hot seat, lol hot seat is 2 players on same comp...
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

dude... this hotseat mod also functions as a "play by email" mod. don't be a troll.

Don't wanna be *****in' but I kinda meant two players on one comp. That script generator doesn't do that, so my question is if it's possible, the same way as in m2tw..

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Paul d View Post
    that is what the script does. there is no official multiplayer mode campaign in RTW.

you run the script as directed to make it multi factions. check Selifators link to the org...

dude... actually listen please. you run the script, then after the quicksave comes up, you press Ctrl+L and you load as the next faction.

if you need any more help, I will maybe help you with a picture tutorial.

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

A picture tutorial would be great!
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

okay step 1:

run the scriptgen as directed.

open "export_descr_advice, and add the line (the red one):

AdviceThread Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Thread
    GameArea Campaign

Item Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01
    Uninhibitable
    Verbosity 0
    Threshold 1
    Attitude Normal
    Presentation Default
    Title Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01_Title
    Script scripts\show_me\HotSeatScript.txt
    Text Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01_Text1

step 2; start a campaign as the first faction (in turn order) on the script.

step 3; press f1- it will bring up the "keyboard shortcuts scroll"

press the "?" icon in the top right corner. the advisor will pop up. If the script has been added correctly, the "show me how" button will be clickable. click on it, and the script is run.

step 4; play the factions turn.

step five; press the end turn button.

the AI will play its turns of the factions between the 2 player factions.

then the map will suddenly pan to the top left corner, and all the UI will disappear. "save suceeded" will appear on the screen.

click on the check, and either exit out,and 1.email the save to next player,(if online) or 2.(if hotseat) press Ctrl+L

the game will load back up with the next factions icon, and you will be playing as the next faction.

remember, you must run the script at the begining of every faction's turn! otherwise, it will skip one or the other faction's turn

players cannot control battles against eachother, because one or the other will be AI controlled= unfair for the ai controlled player.

if you would like this more indepth, I am willing and able.
    Last edited by Paul d; January 13, 2008 at 01:53 AM.

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Sweet thx man. I would rep you but I already have.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

i would rep you too...but i alerady knew that
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Whoa, thanks a lot dude.. Thought this only worked through e-mail. You said the game will load back up with the next factions icon, and you will be playing as the next faction, so the two of us will play every faction or not? I'm gonna figure it now anyways, thanks very much for the help though.

Hmm it doesn't work.. I did everything, the "show me how" button isn't highlighted.. It might be the script, I wanted to play as Carthage and Gauls. So what I did in the script:

Carthage
    Gauls

Is this wrong?
    Last edited by Wolfshead; November 11, 2007 at 08:52 AM.

i think.. dont use caps in the faction names, and only put a space between the faction names. no commas, or other marks.

OHH gods i did the tutorial wrong wrong file to edit!!!

it should look more like this:

AdviceThread Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Thread
    GameArea Campaign

Item Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01
    Uninhibitable
    Verbosity 0
    Threshold 1
    Attitude Normal
    Presentation Default
    Title Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01_Title
    Script scripts\show_me\HotSeatScript.txt
    Text Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01_Text1

terribly, terribly sorry!
    Last edited by Paul d; November 12, 2007 at 12:04 PM.

Ya, this doesnt work! I followed the directions and didnt work! Idk why, it just doesnt work. I will take you step by step on what I did.

- Started generator and typed in factions I wanted to use

- put the script in correct folder

-started the game

-chose the first faction

-pushed f1 and clicked on the ? and the advisor came out but without the show me how button labeled as a highlighted option.

so what is wrong with this thing?
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast