Nevada
You really should have tested this before you sent it to me. I know you are working on another map, and it looks like you pasted some stuff from that one into your map for this class and didnt check it.
I got an error loading your map, this was in the log:
16:19:55.836 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 24, column 1
Religion `Hamilton_Province' not found in database.
At first I thought you had a typo in the settlment names look up file, but it was entered correctly. I was too tired last night to figure it out so I left it and came back to it this morning. When I opened your descr_regions and this was what I found:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
Christchurch_Province
Christchurch
england
New_Sealand_Rebels
20 25 225
atlantic, explorers_guild
religions { catholic 90 orthodox 0 islam 0 pagan 10 heretic }
Hamilton_Province
Hamilton
denmark
New_Sealand_Rebels
255 180 190
fish, furs, timber, iron, amber, atlantic, explorers_guild
religions { catholic 80 orthodox 3 islam 0 pagan 15 heretic 2 }

Notice there is no number next to the heretic religion in the Christchurch province. This threw the game off and it was reading lines incorrectly. I fixed that and reloaded.

Then I got this error:
09:15:04.003 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB: default faction(9) for region (6) isn't present in the descr_strat.txt file.
09:15:04.003 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB: default faction(9) for region (7) isn't present in the descr_strat.txt file.
09:15:04.003 [data.invalid] [error] REGIONS_DB: default faction(9) for region (8) isn't present in the descr_strat.txt file.

This took me about 20 minutes to figure out. The default factions are listed properly in your descr_strat, but it was reading the wrong lines because of missing brackets. When you added buildings to your settlements you missed the last bracket on about 15 entries. I fixed all those and reloaded.

Then I got this error:
09:28:09.315 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 130, column 16
Population of 35000 is too high for a city - max is 18000
09:28:09.315 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 137, column 5
The city core building level should be one less than the settlement level!
09:28:09.315 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 137, column 5

You had the population set too high, and you had two buildings that cant be built in a city, they require huge_city. I fixed those.
Then I got this error:
09:28:09.315 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
09:28:09.315 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 260, column 21
Expected faction type, found aztec
09:28:09.315 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 260, column 21
could not create settlement at script line 260.
09:28:12.862 [game.script.trigger] [info]

This was caused by another spacing error.
Then I got this error:
09:40:06.159 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 306, column 5

Another building error, fixed and reloaded.
Then I got these:
09:44:05.737 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 421, column 16
Population of 4400 is too high for a village - max is 1500
09:44:05.737 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 423, column 21
Expected faction type, found aztec
09:44:05.737 [script.err] [error] Script Error in MapClass/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 423, column 21
could not create settlement at script line 423.

At this point I was tired of looking through every city so I just did a Replace All and made them all huge_city and replaced all the faction_creator lines with england. The map finally loaded.
This shot looks pretty good, the coasts are smooth, roads placed well, and the mountains look good. Those two pink spots are bad pixels in map_ground_types.

In this one you were really playing with the map_heights colors, which is the point of the class. These are some really jagged mountains, and its tough to get the coast to look right next to a land mass that high but you did it. Great job on the coast here. On a map you intend to use in a mod I wouldnt use mountaints that tall on an island, but for this class its fine, and it show you what you can do with them.

The desert looks good here with the dunes.

Here you placed low_mountains over the path of your road and killed it. Characters wont be able to travel there either. If you leave a two pixel path through the mountains the game will be able to create your road.

Good use of forest here, I didnt see any spots that might hang the AI up, though to be certain you would have to test it really well.

If you add one more pixel to map_features your river will end in the ocean like its supposed to.

It looks like you got the basics down. When you change text files make sure you test before you make another change, that will eliminate having to find 50 errors at once. Your degree should show up in your profile soon.

Rorarii
Looks good, I can see you tried all kinds of ground types in different places around the map.
This pink color was caused by a bad pixel in map_ground types:

If you look closely here you can see the off colored pixel, selecting it gave me 91 150 60 which is not recognized by the game:

Here it is fixed:

These mountains look pretty good:

You want to avoid holes like these with impassable ground types. If the AI spawns a character there it wont be able to move:

The roads all look good and run in places that make sense. I might have changed this one a bit where it runs up the side of the hills. You would have to check how it looked on the battle map to be sure. I also like the variety of trees around the river area.

Theres a nice variety of ground types here. The only thing I would try next time is to put a few higher pixels in map_heights to give it some more texture, sand dunes and stuff like that.

All of your coasts looked pretty good, I didnt see any huge land spots sticking out or any water sticking in. I also liked this island.

Overall I think you got the basics down. The rest is just details, putting the different climates and ground types together to get the look you want. Your degree should show up in your profile soon.