Thread: differnce

Default differnce

whats the differnce between the main and provincial campaign where only satanae are playable?

Default Re: differnce

In the main campaign the Satanae are stronger, they have a better starting position and some of their units are stronger and cheaper. That is to make sure if you play against them they are a worthy opponent and are strong enough under AI control to last in what is a bit of a difficult position in the middle of the map.

You are meant to be better than the AI though, so if you want to play AS the Satanae and have a challenging game you should play the provincial campaign, where they don't have those advantages. (the provincial campaign also has the 'historic' event messages that are meant for the Satanae)
    TWC Wiki Needs YOU!!!
    PM me if you're interested
    Help expand our mods, modding or TWC content
    Earn rep and shinies!

Mak's Modding: End of Days-EoDII-Westeros-PKH-IWTE

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

From my testing I've noticed playing the satanae in Prov alot more statisfying...

the strenghthening of them during the main campaign and the way old units get replaced in newer buildings is a great way to add some much needed spice to the campaign... great job I've added something similar to my own personal tweaked mod and got some great results...

I only wish we could just fix the dang AI more... it's a shame... Is there any possible way to be able to play all the countries myself and just watch the AI fight the battles? or something... I doubt it

Question tho... would there be any issues playing the other countries during prov... maybe see the buddist horde or something lol... I may just test that out...

I've also switched some of the starting positions and created a semi workable mod with premade strong empires set for a titanic clash... but I enjoy the slow start... builds atmosphere and it never plays the same way twice...
    Last edited by ReignTerror; October 21, 2007 at 07:56 PM.

Don't think you can play all the countries - if the play by Email mod would work on it that is only way I can think of for controlling more than one faction, or putting a script in some other way to switch control :hmmm:

Question tho... would there be any issues playing the other countries during prov... maybe see the buddist horde or something lol... I may just test that out...
    no there shouldn't be any issues with playing the other factions in prov campaign except for them not having so much opposition from Satanae (and getting the Satanae messages). Only faction you shouldn't mod into playable for either game is Papal States, they are designed only to come into play later on, though you could try using them but letting AI play through beginning of game with the year jump script.

Did you try ER's year jump thingy btw? Its installed so it activates if you select the help button on the construction screen. I find that quite good for getting a slightly later and more varied starting position, though you can find the AI's left you in impossible situation (and for Papal States probably exterminated )
    TWC Wiki Needs YOU!!!
    PM me if you're interested
    Help expand our mods, modding or TWC content
    Earn rep and shinies!

Mak's Modding: End of Days-EoDII-Westeros-PKH-IWTE

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

I just noticed that... hehe... I like that... I run a few more test on later on... weird things the AI does tho... stupid critters