Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius (senate records)

Dismounted H@Xx0rZ's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius

Quote Originally Posted by Gaivs Gracchvs View Post
    Actually i cannot be Princeps for the Optimates,Julius. Consul Malleolus has the privilege of announcing the Optimate Princeps and he named Amilius Maenius Masentius(paul d)a little while ago,but thanks for entrusting me anyway...

ooc:Also I asked sanada for permition to change my name after recent events as I was far too involved to the Cato's conspiracy thingy(don't misunderstand me,I did not now though I suspected it and shared my doubts with others,but I "benefited" from this,since due to corrupted elections I was elected Senior Consul)...So from now on I am Marcus Junius Brutus Major(the elder)...
    I apologize for any confusion because of this!
    By conspiracy, you mean the now-infamous Senate Inquiry Thread. While Cato & company will profess his/their (lol) innocence, I took a look at the XFire thread and noticed that ALL 3 OF THEM POSTED AT THE SAME TIME. Hey, JVS INVICTA!!!!

But of course, that's a different issue altogether. Have all the resolutions been passed?
    Current Threat Level:

Also, join the CLC!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=223

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Yep,they are passed
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

(ooc) you know, you didn't have to change your name, lots of people benefited and so we would have to make everyone change their name technically.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Tribune Gnaeus Aurelius Libo enters.

Noble senators, forgive my absence from this hallowed hall of our fathers. Since being entrusted with the title of Tribune, I have made it my purpose to go out among the plebs to see what it is they truly need. I was worried that the disgrace of the banished senators would cause them to lose much respect for those of us left, but that is not what is on their lips. Many talk of the Gallic hordes pressing on our borders, and whispers of 390 and Brennus are growing.

Brothers, the plebians are afraid. It is our duty as their leaders to protect them from those who would do them harm. Therefore I support all motions that have already been passed, and support the Consul in his efforts against the Gaul.

Senators, let us continue to do what is best for Rome.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Marcus Junius Brutus Major,stands in the middle of the Curia and says,looking to all directions:

Senators!

What Tribune Libo says here is the absolute truth;The people of Rome are afraid because of the massive scale of this war,as we had no equivalent in the past;We face for the fist time in many generations an invasion of this climax;Many recall the stories about the legendary warlord Brennus;The barbarian who destroyed the proud Roman army in river Allias!They are afraid of the brute Gauls and their infamous brutality,savageness and war skills.Let us be quick;Do not let panic spread between the citizens;Do not let our soldiers lose heart from these fears!Let us show to the Gauls and our citizens that the Roman people are a nation of invincible soldiers,brilliant Generals and wise statesmen!Senators,I urge you,let us put aside the differences between us and work TOGETHER in defeating the Gallic Hordes!Give by your votes,the power to Consul Malleolus to destroy the enemy once and for all!

Valete

occ:woot I have 300+ posts!!!!Winter,it was my decision to change the name;i didn't do it to make other men follow my example,but because I see I was too involved with Cato and his alter egos...If you don't mind I shall keep the new one
    Last edited by Kritias; October 22, 2007 at 09:33 AM.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Amilius Maenius Masentius quiets the senate, in preperation for the coming speech:

I believe I was indeed more invoved with the Catos then you. My fellow senators, I have a confesion to make. I was Cato's inside man in the Optimates. He told me his plan, a most wicked one indeed. I was fool to agree to it. His plan was to corrupt the senate to his will, and rule it with an iron fist. Why I agreed to this I do not understand. I was blinded by thoughts of glory and power. I am sorry, fellow senators, Had I had any foresight I would have reported these to you sooner (which, I infact did, I told the late Svlla, now Junius Brutus).
    It is ironic indeed, that such a visionary could prove to be a mere crook. Just a shame he was so greedy.

So senators, today I start a new page! One dedicated to my people, my nation, and fellow senators! I shall never carry out the will of a dictator ever again! You can gurantee that my loyalty lies with Rome!

Amilius Maenius Masentius sits back down.

(ooc: nobody worry, I wasn't in this position long enough to mess up any elections or anything else)

(ooc:all this pretty much word-for-word off of Xfire)

Consul Micaelis Horatius Malleolus' Report On
    The First Romano-Gallic War

Senators and Friends!
    Lend me your ears because you might want to hear my words.

Status of Res Publica
    The first purpose of this report is to give the senate a proper overview of Res Publica in the war with Gaul.

• We currently have 3 legions defending the Po River crossings.
    • One legion additional legion is still in recruitment at Neapolis. It remains dormant according to Section 2, part 2 and 2,1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act.
    • The three legions at the Po River is being supplied with replacements from Bononia
    • All Legions have been outfitted to match Section 1, Part 2 in The Legion Recruitment Reform Act
    • All cities have been outfitted with Acre Legions matching Section1, part 3,1 and 3,2 The Legion Recruitment Reform Act
    • The Capital of Res Publica, Rome, has been outfitted with an Legion matching Section 1, part 4 The Legion Recruitment Reform Act

I will not take full credit of the above stated as Ex-Consul Sulla had already updated the legions to The Legion Recruitment Reform Act.

Legion defending the Eastern Crossing of the Po River

Legion defending the Northern Crossing of the Po River

Legion defending the Western Crossing of the Po River

Overview of the Po Valley

Since my time of Office I have fought one land battle with the Gauls and broken a blockade on Capua. The land battle was fought by the Northern legion and it was a great slaughter. 147 dead and wound Romans against 2017 dead Gauls. This blow has brought the numbers in our favor when looking at the current state of military presence in the Po Valley. While the Gauls can muster roughly 3 armies of various skill and composition we can field 3 legions and several auxiliary regiments which give us the cutting edge compared to the Gallic armies. With the new two legions in recruitment from the southern part of Res Publica we have a small risk of defeat if the conflict in the Po valley escalates.

Invasion of the Po Valley

The second purpose of this report is outline the two strategies of taking the Po Valley

With the motion passed of allowing me to use a spy to gather information on the two coastal settlements of Gaul, Massilia and Narbo Martius, the spy deliver this information to me this yesterday.

Strategy Number one
    The Diversionary Attack

The objective of this strategy is to:
    • Conquer the Po Valley by taking Patavium and Mediolanium
    • draw away possible Gallic reinforcements that could be heading to the Po Valley
    • Cripple the Gallic sea trade in the Mediterranean
    • Insure Roman navy dominance, trade and naval docks
    • Prevent Gallic invasion from sea

Optional objectives:

• Kill the Gallic heir and send a message to the Gauls
    • To expand Res Publica by taking either Massilia or Narbo Martius or both

Execution of Strategy Number One

The two new legions being raised will be transported on two navies that will travel together at all times and provide support for each other if attacked by Gaul or pirates. The Gallic Mediterranean navy seems to have been beaten when I broke the blockade on Capua, therefore little activity has been seen since and the risk of getting attacked by Gallic navies is small. My own personal opinion would be to strike at Narbo Martius first because:
    A) The city contains the highest developed dock and serves as the Gallic navy's assembly point and stands for the majority of construction.
    B) The completion of optional objective #1
    I do however acknowledge that if the diversion is successful and I manage to attract Gallic armies the open field battles will tire the legions quickly and Narbo Martius will eventually fall to the Gauls unless supplied constantly by sea. I therefore suggest that instead of conquering Narbo Martius we raid the city, kill the heir, destroy the docks and pull out quickly before any reinforcements arrive. The fate of the populace I will leave to the senate.
    After a successful raid at Narbo Martius the navy will transport the legions to the coast outside of Massilia. The legions will disembark and take up defensive positions at the two bridges. Seeing that Massilia is extremely poor garrisoned I shall use minimum force to take the city. This will either involve the recruitment of mercenaries to besiege the city while the legions defend the siege and draw reinforcements from the Po Valley, or that I take at least two maniples and use them for the siege while the legions still hold the bridges.
    After the fall of Massilia I shall lead the legion stationed at the eastern bridge of the Po River over the crossing and siege Patavium immediately to prevent the army inside from entering combat. The legion defending the Northern crossing will engage the Gallic army due north of it, granted that the army doesn't attack the legion first at the crossing. After the field battle the legion will besiege Mediolanium. The legion defending the eastern bridge of Massilia will move into the Alps and build fortifications at the pass that leads to Massilia and the Po valley. This will allow the legion defending the western bridge of the Po River to move north and engage the reinforcements coming towards Mediolanium. After the reinforcements have been routed the legion will build fortifications in the pass to the north leading into the Po Valley insuring the siege of Mediolanium. The legion in the Alps guarding the pass will be supplied with replacements from either Massilia or Segesta.

Strategy Number Two
    Full Push

The objective of this strategy is to:
    • Conquer the Po Valley by taking Patavium and Mediolanium

Execution of Strategy Number Two

This strategy focus on a head-on invasion into the Po Valley, enforce. The two new legions will be used to cover the passes in the Alps to insure the sieges of Mediolanium and Patavium. There is little deviation compared to the Strategy map from strategy number 1. One of the new legions will establish a fort the same place in the western pass as shown on the map whilst the other will establish a fort to the north of Patavium. However, there have been no indications or traces of Gallic reinforcements coming from the Patavium pass.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have also just received word that we have lost contact with our diplomat, Tertius Cossutius, who was operating in the western Alps. This message is signed by Servius Calpurnius, the spy who’s service I used to explore the coast. He writes:

Ave, Consul Malleolus

Although I have not reached the cities yet, I feel bound by duty to deliver this news to you. When traveling through the alps I came across a caravan. Nothing suspicious about it when I first saw it. The driver was hidden by his cloth, so was the passenger. But as they passed me I noticed something about the passenger. He wore roman shoes and even though he was covered in a blanket, something underneath it stuck out at his legs. The cloth sticking out had remarkable resemblances with that toga worn by Roman diplomats. After the caravan had passed I kept on walking. But after a few seconds a glare caught my eye. Something laid in the snow shinning. I picked the object up.
    It was a Gallic gold coin.

Roma Victor!
    After I received the letter from Servius Calpurnius I had a group of the hastati maniple dispatched to the estate of Tertius Cossutius. No force was used, as they were instructed to, but they did find something. More Gallic gold coins. All the evidence points towards the same. Tertius Cossutius has accepted a bribe. Possibly from the same diplomat whom bribed one of our legions.

Seeing our small setback in diplomatic abilities, I have requested a new man to the Alps.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This concludes my report on the first Romano-Gallic War.
    I would appreciate if no senator puts forward any motions concerning the questions and choices stated in this report until enough debate have been made.

Signed, Senior Consul Micaelis Horatius Malleolus of The Populares

Roma Victor!
    Last edited by J.B.; October 22, 2007 at 02:01 PM.

Marcus Tullius Cicero stands after considering his fellow party members speeches,

Salve men of Rome!

I share winged words with you,the Gallic threat is insurmountable at present! I urge all of you noble senators to pledge your support in the brave and audacious Malleolus, in unison, as to stamp out the barbarain presence in Cisalpine Gaul as a means to quell our fearful citizens worried souls!

Valete

*sits back down to scattered applause amid jeers*

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

I second that. Malleolus, I hope you suceed in this campaign!

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Thank you for the detailed report noble Consul.

I for one would like to see Strategy Two 'The Full Push' acted out, I will however discuss this with my Party.

Also thank you Tribune, it is good that the senate have such a voice in these halls as we all know the distance we have from the common Roman.
    The peoples fears should be appointed directly, by a brute display of force, and even though our current Consul is a peaceful man, I have the utmost faith in his military ability.
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

Consul Malleolus!

A most decisive victory over the barbarians, both on land and sea - you have proven yourelf to be an adept military leader. You og on to show your rational strategies, which seem sound enough to catch the Gaul's in the vice like grip of Roma's legions!

On the matter of the turncoat Cossutius, I put forward that you should dispatch an assassin, lest the traitor pour yet more poison into the ears of out stout-hearted Romans! And as for your man Calpurnius, we should see that he is rewarded for his deliberations, he could become a valuable asset to Res Publica.

FILIOLUS TUTELA VOS CONSULO.

sanada's Avatar Decanus

I agree completely with my compatriot!

Assassinate the turncoat - let it be a warning to all others lured by Gallic Gold.

Junius Brutus speaks:

Gentlemen,having read out the brilliant report of Consul Malleolus,I can't stop but feel that the first proposed move will be the best for us to take.Not only will we be able to take the two cities of Mediolanum and Patavium with lesser casualties on our veteran legions,we do make one important step forward;We take this war to the enemy!Until now we were defending ourselves from all directions;If Strategy one is passed we send a message to the word;That we are no nation to be abused by no one!Senators,let us make that move forward;Together!

I must remind you that Strategy number 1 also involves the conquering of Massilia

sanada's Avatar Decanus

In that case, I am in full support of Strategy One! As it has been expressed by Senator Brutus Major.

Motions
    Concering Consul Micaelis Horatius Malleolus' Report On
    The First Romano-Gallic War

What strategy should be used against Gaul
    Strategy 1: Yay - 1
    Strategy 2: Yay - 0

Should Narbo Martius be conquered or raided
    Conquered: Yay - 0
    Raided: Yay - 1

Assasination of Tertius Cossutius
    Yay - 1, Nay - 0

Recruiment of additional 2 spies to search for Tertius Cossutius
    Yay - 1, Nay - 0

What should be the fate of the populace

Occupation = The letter O, Enslavement = The letter E, Extermination = The Letter X

Patavium: O
    Mediolanium: O
    Massilia: O

(OOC) Just keep on adding the fitting letter to the excisting ones.

My vote is cast below...
    Last edited by Marcus Tullius Cicero; October 22, 2007 at 01:31 PM.

Mediolanium should look like this: OE
    Patavium: OO
    Massilia OO

Junius Brutus Major casts his vote:

Strategy 1: Yay - 2

Conquered: Yay - 1
    Raided: Yay - 2
    we won't be able to control the city in the long run;Loot it and get out of it asap!

Yay - 2, Nay - 0

Yay - 2, Nay - 0
    no need for this motion though...

What should be the fate of the populace

Occupation = The letter O, Enslavement = The letter E, Extermination = The Letter X

Patavium: O
    OO[/COLOR]
    Mediolanium: OEO
    Massilia: OOO

These cities here were not originally in the Gallic domain;they have been conquered as they try to do with us now;I propose that we be the "Liberators"rather than the vile Oppressors to the citizens of those cities...
    [/COLOR]
    Last edited by Kritias; October 22, 2007 at 01:30 PM.

Compiled above votes ^^

Strategy 1: Yay - 3

Conquered: Yay - 1
    Raided: Yay - 2

Yay - 3, Nay - 0