Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius (senate records)

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius

Brutus, amendments are simply that - changes to something. If you don't like one or more of the amendments, explain why just like the Temperantia quod Voluntas Partes did. Throwing a fit will not help anybody.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Marcus Junius Brutus raises:

Agreed,Senator Libo;I will point out the problematic parts of your amendments.

Section 1.
    1.1:I strongly disagree with the changes made.If we give the responsibility to the Censor and the vote of the Senate that would be EXTREMELY slow if we just gave the consul the budget to build any civic building without delaying the whole campaign down in order to achieve a positive vote
    .None would like to wait for a day or so to build a market,while he could claiming the walls of a city...Also you said how can a consul lead the Constructive Programs when in campaign..Check my consulate and see for yourself.

1.2:Agreed.

1.4:I disagree for the reason said above.Senior Consul should be given liberty to build whatever and whenever he likes.So he has an extended budget.
    1.4.1:Time consuming but also a way to coordinate the two Consuls to get a common decision.In the end,which is most consuming?10 minutes of chatting on xfire between the two consuls to get a standard price or a day debating in the senate?

2:Agreed,I will have the "etc" cleared out.

3.War compensations:Well that would be their problem now,wouldn't it?All should know that there is a price when attacking the Senatus Populous que Romanus!

Section 2: Occasion Based Economy.

1.1-1.1.3:I disagree completely;Taxes should be based on the citizenship of the city or not.I doubt the argument on over-population because:

a.we will have built through all entertainment and religious facilities to provide enough public order to cover any discontent citizens.
    b.We will always need soldiers to serve in the army;I doubt we will have any city over-populated because all cities will due time or circumstance be levied of the extra population.
    c.We can always use the extra population to Romanize peregrini or barbarous provinces.

1.2:This standard set of taxes provides the much needed stability to our citizens.I wouldn't want them to fear of what will happen the next year and if they will be in the run from money lenders or not because of the dynamic management you propose.

1.4:Explained above the reason I find this part necessary.
    1.3 Economic crisis:Agreed.But what if what needs fixing requires a lot of cash?Its still necessary to point out when it will be appropriate the over-taxation of a Province.

1.3.1:I would rather have the Roman citizens content at all times.I say,what is the point of being the conqueror when you pay more than the conquered.VAE VICTIS...
    1.3.2:The economic problem may be the long time effect of a wrong decision from a previous Consul.Why have a man pay the price for the dept of an other?

War time Economy
    2.1.1:No it is not.The taxes raised during the war with Pyrrhus was case-specific.This act on the other hand gives a taxes raise every time we are at war.
    2.1.2:I disagree;why have a citizen paying more than the conquered?What's the point of being a citizen if that applies?Shouldn't all citizens be enlisted for tax lowering and other privileges???
    2.2:I don't get the opposition here;
    2.3:Same argument as all concerning taxation.

2.3.1:Same answer.
    Regional War-Tax:Provinces that are near the enemy should pay the funds needed.Why tax the entire Res Publica for some extra cash when we need only few?Also this Part is of Malleolus and after his heroic death I will have it made,to honor him.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

May the Consul lead the most noble in Elysium. A true hero of Rome. A funeral worthy of him shall be held in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

ooc: @gracchvs have you ever played the mod before this aar?

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

ooc:For two months or so,why?
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Closed, new thread soon to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!