Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius (senate records)

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius

JJ
    PPP
    Last edited by J.B.; October 24, 2007 at 03:50 PM.

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

jjj
    ppp

G F Aquilinus

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

This is a close vote. Please senators, keep this power with our Junior Consuls!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

JJJJ

PPP
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

JJJJJ

PPP
    by the way the other princep and i have decided (sorry for the huge mix up which engulfed all of the past 3 days)

Strategy 1 will be used in gaul as planned,

narbo martius will be raided, not conquored.

the traitor will be assassinated

patavium, Mediolanum, and Masillia will all be Occupied.
    Last edited by Paul d; October 24, 2007 at 10:01 PM.

JJJJJJ
    PPP

OOC:
    Aww..**** school...but I have history today....guess whats the subject....The Romans They make everything better
    The Crazy Finn

"Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army."

J. Stalin 1948

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Princeps,it would be advisable if you sent the results of the votes to the Senior Consul(PM him)so that he can continue his campaign! By the way,good to see you two have taken up your duties at last!
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

A breathless messenger push open the doors to the senate and shouts

The invasion has begun!
    The legions, they crossed the River yesterday! Narbo Martius has been raided and Massilia has fallen!

The Consul will return soon and deliever his report of the invasion

The messenger gasps for air
    Last edited by J.B.; October 25, 2007 at 07:20 AM.

*Stands up hastily*
    I'm eager to hear the casualty reports and May the gods grant us few casualties!
    The Crazy Finn

"Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army."

J. Stalin 1948

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

Jupiter and Mars shine on us this day! Let the people rejoice as the Gauls are pushed back and Rome grows stronger! May Rome PROSPER!
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Absolutely wonderful. The consul brings honor to his office.

Lex Economica et Civila

By Marcus Junius Brutus Major of the Optimates

And

Micaelis Horatius Malleolus of the Populares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Section 1

General Economic Section

All acts that can be carried whether or not we are at war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    §1.The Consular Budget:

The active Consul will be provided with a limited budget with which he can build units and buildings on his term.

§1.1:

This budget will be decided after the deliberation of the Senate and upon the request of the Consul. This budget will be the highest amount of money spent on military and civic constructions as well as the recruitment of additional men; the active Consul will be expected to post pictures of the financial tub for every year of his term

§1.2

If this limit is exceeded the Consul can ask for an extended contract.

§1.3

If the limit decided by the Senate in either §1.1 or §1.2 is exceeded and the Consul does not announce it in the Senatus he will be held responsible for thieving of public treasure and thus be condemned to a sentence decided by his colleague, the Junior Consul, the Censor and the Princeps Senatus.

§1.4

The amount of money can vary between 50.000-200.000 denarii depending on the will of the Senatus and the request of the Consul.

§1.4.1

Junior Consul can veto the request of the Consul before it is placed before the Senators if he sees that is over-estimated demand.

§1.5

It will take at least 8 Yay votes before the motion for the Consular budget is passed.

§2.Money use on Diplomacy:

It will be the active Consul’s power to ask for money in return for alliance, trade rights, and military passage etc from other nations.

§2.1

While he can ask for any price, doing the act itself will require the consent of the Senatus.

§2.2The Consul can on extreme occasions and with the full backing of the senate, bribe characters or even armies if the Consular budget can cover the price asked .

§2.2

If the Consul bribes any force or entity without the full consent of the Senate he will be held responsible for thieving of public treasure and thus be condemned to a sentence decided by his colleague, the Junior Consul, the Censor and the Princeps Senatus.

§3.War Compensations:

If a nation is exhausted from its war against Res Publica, it will be the right of the Consul to ask for war compensations.

§3.1

The price asked will be decided between the two Consuls and the Censor and it will need at least the backing of 60% of the Senators to get it carried.

§3.1.1

Whether the war compensations are paid in advance or in terms, it will be in the decision of the Consul.

Section 2

Occasion Based Economy
    This section determines the economic acts of the Republic during war, peace and if passed dictatorship periods.

§1.Peace time Economics.

§1.1:Taxation.

§1.1.1
    All cities granted citizenship status will have their taxes pressed down to Low

§1.1.2

The cities named as Peregrini provinces will have their taxes to normal-low depending on civic order of the given province

§1.1.3

All regions named as Barbarous will have their taxes set to normal no matter what the civic order is in the settlement.

§1.2

Taxes cannot be raised during peace time in any of these provinces types, except from the Economical Crisis period which is explained in Section 2, §1.3 and §2.2.

§1.3:Budget and Constructional Programs.

During peace time, all effort should be to better the infrastructure of the Res Publica, thus at the end of each term, when the Censor checks the previous Consul, he must make an announcement in the senate on what by his opinion needs improvement.

§1.4

This announcement will determine the final budget given to the Senior Consul. Further, during peace time, Constructional Programs will be set forth by the Censor with the co-operation of the Senior Consul. These CP will be by priority status:

a) On Public Health.
    b) On Economy promoting structures.
    c) On Civic, Religion and entertainment.
    d) On Army infrastructure.
    e) On Naval infrastructure.

§1.5

The construction of governmental buildings will not be based to CP but to the will of the Senior Consul.

§1.3:Economic Crisis periods during Pax Time.

When the Res Publica is in economic crisis periods, that is, when the net in flow is lower that the net out income and the construction\recruitment plays small role on this situation, it will be the power of the Consul to raise taxes for a maximum of two years in order to get the economy back on track. To do so, he must respect the fact that roman and peregrine provinces must have the honor of lower taxes that the Barbarous regions.

§1.3.1

It will fall to the latter province type to hold the largest part of the increased taxation but as soon as the crisis is abated they will have their taxes set to low for a period of 3 years, in order to let their economy recover.

§1.3.2

If a new economical crisis starts within the five years period, it will be the peregrine provinces time to step in and be taxed out for two years; If that happens though, the taxes on those provinces will be set to low for the following 5 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

§2:War-time Economy.

During war time, Consul’s attention should be on recruitment plus military infrastructure as well as economy etc. If these (recruitment and military infrastructure) are developed to the satisfied level, then the Consul can continue all actions as if we were on peace time.

§2.1:Taxation.

During war periods it is the responsibility of the citizens of the Res Publica to support our legions on war.

§2.1.1

The cities given Roman citizenship will not be taxed further than low as they support Rome with the men sent to serve in Her armies.

§2.1.2

Peregrini and Barbarous regions alike will be taxed Normal as to get the money required to conduct war operations.

§2.2:Economical Crisis during war time.

If such a disastrous event hits the Republic then, and only then, will be appropriate to further tax the Roman citizens.

§2.3

When the economical crisis abates, the taxes on Roman Populace will be dropped to low for a period of years.

§2.3.1If between that period an other economic crisis occurs, then it will be the duty of barbarous regions to be taxed highly in order to avoid economic destruction of the Populi Romani.

§2.4:Regional War Tax

If the Res Publica finds herself in war with a neighboring nation, the cities adjacent to the enemy possessions shall have their taxes raised up. These denarii will be used for the conduct of war, recruit more men and the repair of the damages in war-torn provinces.

§2.4.1

If deemed necessary the Senate can impose the Regional War Tax to the cities that lie beyond the first line of cities, adjusting with the enemy. This of course will require a vote from the Senatus.

§2.4.2

The Regional War Tax will not be imposed to Barbarous or Peregrine provinces that have joined Res Publica for less than a period of 10 years.

Yay - 1, Nay - 0

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Yea 2 Nay 0

Let us mend the rift between the parties, starting with this bill.

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

I support this economic law fully.

3 yea - 0 nay
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Yay 4 - Nay 0

Edited votes for you, winter
    Last edited by Winter; October 25, 2007 at 02:40 PM.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

(ooc) why does everyone spell Yea Yay? are you cheering the bill or something? just a pet peeve of mine

Citizen

We are voting before discussion? I believe that the Senate needs to slow down on this one.
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Well this has been discussed quite a bit in other threads...

occ: it sounds good with nay... I don't know,I saw all you writing it down as yay,i did too...

Citizen

Other threads are not the senate hall. Decisions are not decided beyond it.