Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius (senate records)

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Default Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius (senate records)

Continue all discussions on the new thread, for continuity this bill was been discussed.

IN WARTIME

1) Allows the upkeep of one Roman Legion per two Roman provinces (ALL LEGIONS ASSUMED TO BE ACTIVE)

2) The consul MUST keep the senate informed of each armed force being recruited, senate can vote to disband an armed force or vote against its recruitment

3) Each new Legion therefore must be voted upon by the senate

AT ANY TIME

1) Minimum of 1 spy + 1 diplomat per consulular army (entire group of Legions + Auxillia) to a reasonable, feasible amount, however the senate must be consulted.

2) Senate must be kept abrest of spy information and diplomatic entreaties - This reform does not give consuls more power!

IN PEACETIME

1) 1 ACTIVE legion per 3 regions (ie legions used in peactime to be pulled back from the front line / or disbanded as the senate sees fit)

2) No direct use of spies so we do not give undue cause for hostilities!

-Thank you for your time and patience noble friends,

Marcus Tullius Cicero
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Malleolus/Scipius

The newly appointed Consul Micaelis Horatius Malleolus stands and speaks

I thank you all for giving me this golden opportunity. It is a dream I have had for a long time, to once again march with the men, to help Rome even further down her path. I will strife to make my term an age of success, prosperity and fortune for Res Publica.
    But I will jump to my first actions as Consul
    • Following the newly approved Legion Recruitment Reform Act I shall form the excisting legions so they fit the description of a standing Legion
    • I shall lay out my personal plan for pushing back the Gauls
    • I shall insure an infrastructure that is capable of battling the Gauls.

Also I would like to make a compromise for the Motion currently being voted on, the motion of altering Section 1, Part 1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act. Seeing already superior resistance I would like to take Senator Lepidus' proposal of two provinces instead of three provinces per. Legion. This would allow me to recruit two new legions to battle the Gauls.

New Motion
    To alter the number of provinces per Legion from 3 to 2 in Section 1, Part 1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act.
    To allow Consul Malleolus recruitment of two new legions.

Also I have inspected and read the latest military reports on the state of our soldier’s equipment. I must say that I find the lack armor dissatisfying. Our soldiers can only do so much with a shield until it breaks and opens him up for a strike. To insure minimum casualties, denariis spend on new replacements and to preserve the sacred Roman family life, I put out a motion that if passed will allow me to construct Smiths and Armories in Roman cities.
    Furthermore I would like to see Roman Heavy Cavalry in the field. The Gauls already have many hundreds of horses on the field that pose a great threat to our men. I talked to a soldier who served in the Northern Legions as a Triarii. He can recall how many equites and triarii it required repulse a gallic heavy cavalry charge. If we can counter them before they even hit our lines we will have saved many lives.

New motion
    To allow Consul Malleolus to upgrade the army in equipment and develop our cavalry wing.

And once more I would like to thank all of you, brothers and friends. For your support and approval of my candidacy.
    I shall take every step to live up to the proud tradition that our party has had with this office.
    I shall do over my best to insure Res Publica's position is unchallenged by our enemies.
    I shall command our legions with cunning and success.
    I shall go forth and conquer in the name of Res Publica
    I shall obey The Senatus.
    Last edited by J.B.; October 21, 2007 at 07:11 AM.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Lvcivs Cornelivs Svlla stands:

Senators!As you may well know I have my disagreements with the Populares;But how
    that may be,the new Consul offers his hand in co-operation and I welcome such a move;I heartily comment the compromise proposed by Consul Malleolus! Lets give him enough legions to battle the Gauls;Let us not make the mistakes of the past!Do not see the close term benefit of keeping men home;Instead consider the service to the motherland and sent the new recruits to defend the dignity of Rome!I vote YAY in the proposal to change the number of provinces per legion.

Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

IN WARTIME

1) Allows the upkeep of one Roman Legion per two Roman provinces (ALL LEGIONS ASSUMED TO BE ACTIVE)

2) The consul MUST keep the senate informed of each armed force being recruited, senate can vote to disband an armed force or vote against its recruitment

3) Each new Legion therefore must be voted upon by the senate

AT ANY TIME

1) Minimum of 1 spy + 1 diplomat per consulular army (entire group of Legions + Auxillia) to a reasonable, feasible amount, however the senate must be consulted.

2) Senate must be kept abrest of spy information and diplomatic entreaties - This reform does not give consuls more power!

IN PEACETIME

1) 1 ACTIVE legion per 3 regions (ie legions used in peactime to be pulled back from the front line / or disbanded as the senate sees fit)

2) No direct use of spies so we do not give undue cause for hostilities!

-Thank you for your time and patience noble friends,

Marcus Tullius Cicero

I fully agree with this act, but I must say that one legion per two regions during war time would be more beneficial. For example, if we had one legion per every three regions, we would have only 3(?) legions at this time. If we had one legion per every two regions, we would have 5(?) legions at this time.

3 legions won't push back the monstrous amount of Gauls that want to destroy everything we've worked so hard for. Therefore, I agree with Consul Malleolus' changes to this act.

Also, Consul Malleolus, I am sure that during your term we will see prosperity, thoughtful thinking and motions, and peace throughout the Res Publica once the Gallic Wars are over.
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Ave Consul!

May you bring about the necessary defeat of the Gallic peoples below the alps, strength and honour to you in your task, and after their demise I pray you will endeavour to bring about a new age of peace and prosperity to equal that of former consuls Sulla and Constatinius!

@ Senator Scipio

Please read section 1 in wartime of the proposed reforms, in wartime the limit is one legion per two provinces, or do you propose that the standard be 1 legion per 2 provinces in anytime?
    Last edited by Marcus Tullius Cicero; October 21, 2007 at 08:01 AM.

That one legion per 2 province should be the standard

I support this ammendment if it will lead to the destruction of the southern Gallic Tribes

Shall we vote upon it?

The motion is already in progress and with you support it would be:

To alter the number of provinces per Legion from 3 to 2 in Section 1, Part 1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act. Yay - 4, Nay - 0
    To allow Consul Malleolus recruitment of two new legions. Yay - 4, Nay - 0

To alter the number of provinces per Legion from 3 to 2 in Section 1, Part 1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act. Yay - 4, Nay - 0
    To allow Consul Malleolus recruitment of two new legions. Yay - 4, Nay - 0

Valete Senators
    Last edited by Marcus Tullius Cicero; October 21, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

Yay 5

Yay 5

Although battle plans should be discussed before we are to begin our campaign.

I still honestly think we should conquer Massila and Narbo Martius to distract the Gauls, and to weaken them for the future, and, finally, to add more reward for our victory.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Ave Senators,

I for one think that the southern gallic tribes, Ones by the mediterranean, should be taken
    It would lower there econemy and provide a safe rout to spain if ever need be we have to intervine over there.
    And the gauls would be begging for peace if we took those cities they could trade with no Greek, or Carthaginian only ones they could trade with is the Germans which is not likly and the independent tribes of that strange island they have near them.

This would take a awhile to get but with a good cammander such as our Consul and Brilliant Minds such as our Senate this is possible and great rewards will come with it.

Roma Victor!
    ~Aqulia Decimus Cato
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 21, 2007 at 10:17 AM.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Salve Senator Secundus!

I understand your support of this diversion into Gaul, as a means of averting their attention towards this glorious city. However you do not wish to hold these lands, is that correct? If so then why waste ANY blood, if only to give the land to the Syracusans. Who is to no that they won't be invited to attack us, the more land they are granted!

If your intention is to keep the lands that you propose to be conquered, then how will you defend a seperate front, cut off from aid albeit by the sea??

I will only support this if those provinces are bought through bribery (if you are to requisition a mercenary force : it is expensive and it is in effect a suicide mission so this revenue wil be wasted) and hope that the Syracusans defend themselves avidly. However do not worry that the Gauls will use this increase in available funds to raise an army against us, they lack the unity and clarity of vision to orgainse insuch a way.

Senators let us not forget the third motion proposed by Consul Malleolus about the blacksmiths and cavalry wing!We all need this vote to be completed as soon as possible so that the decision of the senate is put into effect!Let us leave the debate on strategy for later!

To allow Consul Malleolus recruitment of two new legions. Yay - 5, Nay - 0
    To alter the number of provinces per Legion from 3 to 2 in Section 1, Part 1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act. Yay - 5, Nay - 0

I also to urge the Senate to move and conquer the southern gallic tribes.
    It would Open gallic eyes as to who they are really messing with and we could gain some land in this war they started and give it to the Roman Colonists to Decrease Crowding and allow more some new romans families to gain a new life.

Alleanza di Cato!
    ~Brutius Decimus Cato
    Last edited by Nardril; October 21, 2007 at 10:32 AM.
    Brutius Decimus Cato, of the Populares Party

Alleanza di Cato!

Libertus

To alter the number of provinces per Legion from 3 to 2 in Section 1, Part 1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act. Yay - 6, Nay - 0
    To allow Consul Malleolus recruitment of two new legions. Yay - 6, Nay - 0

We should press conquering of Southern gaul let us show these gauls that war with us will cost them dearly and get revenge on all the poor roman souls they have taken!

Alleanza di Cato!

To alter the number of provinces per Legion from 3 to 2 in Section 1, Part 1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act. Yay - 7, Nay - 0
    To allow Consul Malleolus recruitment of two new legions. Yay - 7, Nay - 0

To alter the number of provinces per Legion from 3 to 2 in Section 1, Part 1 of The Legion Recruitment Reform Act. Yay - 8, Nay - 0

To allow Consul Malleolus recruitment of two new legions. Yay - 8, Nay - 0

As I have said before let us conquer northern Italy first and have it secure before we go off to southern Gual, and then only if they persist in this foolhardy war.
    also could i see a tally on the current vote for the the blacksmiths and calvary wings.
    Last edited by EmperorCharles; October 21, 2007 at 10:38 AM.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Also I have inspected and read the latest military reports on the state of our soldier’s equipment. I must say that I find the lack armor dissatisfying. Our soldiers can only do so much with a shield until it breaks and opens him up for a strike. To insure minimum casualties, denariis spend on new replacements and to preserve the sacred Roman family life, I put out a motion that if passed will allow me to construct Smiths and Armories in Roman cities.
    Furthermore I would like to see Roman Heavy Cavalry in the field. The Gauls already have many hundreds of horses on the field that pose a great threat to our men. I talked to a soldier who served in the Northern Legions as a Triarii. He can recall how many equites and triarii it required repulse a gallic heavy cavalry charge. If we can counter them before they even hit our lines we will have saved many lives.

New motion
    To allow Consul Malleolus to upgrade the army in equipment and develop our cavalry wing.

Yay - 1, Nay - 0

Ave Lucius Sextus Drusus,

I would rather tear them apart now so they know they cant except mercy for all the tortue they have put upon mine and yours people!
    These deserve no chances nor mercy

To allow Consul Malleolus to upgrade the army in equipment and develop our cavalry wing. 2 yay - 0 nay
    Last edited by 68 Powers; October 21, 2007 at 10:39 AM.

Motion to allow Consul Malleolus to upgrade the army in equipment and develop our cavalry wing:

YAY 2 - NAY 0

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast