Thread: How do you record a battle in a campaign?

Default How do you record a battle in a campaign?

I would like to be able to record battles in campagin mode as you can in custom battle mode. I've had some really classic battles during my present campaign that I'd like to keep for posterity! Does anyone know how or if this can be done?
    Last edited by JamesL; October 20, 2007 at 03:50 AM. Reason: bad grammer!

Thompson45cal.'s Avatar Ordinarius
    The Great State of Texas and George W. Bush ain't no Texan.......

Default Re: How do you record a battle in a campaign?

[quote=Thompson45cal.;2950528]Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ruprecht
    I suppose i deserve a kick in the shin for asking this, but how the hell do you get a replay of a campaign battle, i have looked high and low and still cannot find this option ?
    There's a trick to it, what you have to do, is....
    1. play the scenario normally, when completed....
    2. go to your C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\temp folder .........
    3. copy the battle.rpy file (this is a replay of the last battle you fought).....
    4. paste the file into the proper replay folder...... each mod (including vanilla) has a individual replay folder..... if it's a Kingdoms Crusades scenario replay, it'll have to go to that mod's replay folder, you can, after inserting into the proper folder...rename the replay.
    5. boot up in the mod the replay is on, and watch.
    6. unfortunately unlike the battle replays of a normal game, with scenario replays you don't get to view the after battle stats...only the replay itself is viewable..

Works the same for your campaign battles.

Best of Luck,
    Thompson45cal.