Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTD on turn resolve

Tiro

Default CTD on turn resolve

After considerable amount of hours of enjoyment, I have run into a ctd. It happens about the time the rebels are resolving their turn, though I couldn't say what it crashes on. It happens at winter fo 244 and it is repeatable for all the prior saves I played up to that point.

I do have the lastest patch installed with a clean installation of RTW BI. I went to reinstalling it to see if that would help, but of course it made no difference

Here is my savegame file to see if you can reproduce the ctd. If not, then I would need to restart again, which will suck as I am have too much fun with my current campaign.

Default Re: CTD on turn resolve

Downloaded and checking.

What version are u using? Did you continue an older campaign with a new patch?
    Last edited by Aradan; October 19, 2007 at 09:48 AM.

Tiro

I downloaded this and installed this modification 4 days ago, so it has to be the most recent one. I have both 'fatw_tns_2_0_basic_full_b.exe' and 'FATW_TNS_patch_2.4.rar' files. Are these the right ones?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Those are the correct 2 files.

What Aradan is asking is if you started a campaign in 2.0b, patched up to 2.4, and the continued the same campaign from a 2.0b saved game.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Tiro

Sorry I thought I made it clear... I installed both the main and the 2.4 patch. I only found out about this modification when twc posted on the main page. The game is started on the lasted patch on a clean installation of RTW BI.

So I am getting the feeling I need to start a new game then.

*Perhaps* this will save you that trouble. Open bi/ci/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt and search for "Trigger NaturalMilitarySkillAI_existing_general_2". Out-comment the entire trigger. Do the same for "Trigger NaturalMilitarySkillAI_admiral_existing_2".

I hope this works (I'm not sure yet, you will actually be helping us find out) and I'm sorry that this has so far ruined your first TNS campaign. We'll try our best to get this damn CTD out in the coming patch.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

This happened to me as well, but I don't remember exactly at what year. I was playing as the Reunited Kingdom, with 2.4b (or whatever, the latest one).

Kind of pissed me off that I had to restart my campaign, but other than that, this is a great mod! Installed it yesterday, and I'm in love with it

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Agh, it's happened again, with Gondor.

Here's my saved game
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C97UUHC0

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

The problem that caused the campaign to end with a hard CTD on the rebel turn has been spotted and fixed.

The fix will of course be included in the 2.5 patch, but for those who want to get on with their campaigns right away, here is what you must do:

Open bi/ci/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt. Find those two triggers.

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger fertile_tribe_of_the_craban_vnv_trigger
    	WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition Trait TribeOfTheCraban >= 1

Affects Fertility  1  Chance  100

Code:
    Trigger fertile_tribe_of_the_mighty_axe_vnv_trigger
    	WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition Trait TribeOfTheMightyAxe >= 1

Affects Fertility  1  Chance  100

Change the word "Fertility" to "Fertile".

Save and exit.
    That's it, you will be able to go on with your game as usual. Enjoy TNS once more!

Wow, thanks a lot!

Tiro

Ahhh... Too bad I started an new campaign yesterday, but it good you guys were able to find the bug and provide a temporary fix. Looking forward to continuing my current campaign, as I was finding the battle too easy on medium.

Actually, I tried it, and it works and all, but for some reason, the flags have dissappeared?

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgaroctonus View Post
    Actually, I tried it, and it works and all, but for some reason, the flags have dissappeared?
    What flags ? On the battle map or on the camp map ?

W

Campaign map. It shows a translucent faction symbol where it is supposed to be , but the map isn't there.

It's one of two things: 1) That I changed the file, but I don't think that's what caused it, or 2) I have the Crusades mod installed as well, but isn't FATW in its own folder?

If the Crusades mod changes any of the vanilla files that FATW draws upon, then that may be it. FATW will only be compatible with other modfoldered mods (and vanilla).

Ooh, I see. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it's the Crusades, since it completely removes the camp. banners.

Oh well, it doesn't really change much, except now I can't tell if those damn harad have a full army or an almost full army! (damn Harad, I can't do anything because of them! Human waves I tell you! No respite!)

Sorry guys, but it's happening again. Here's my save game. It might be something to do with The Crusades, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to risk anything happening to my RTW game (last time I tried to uninstall on another computer, I wasn't able to patch it or install BI....long story)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DIP0Z6ZT

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

According to the TWC Wiki, The Crusades is a non-modfoldered mod. As this thus overwrites some BI and possibly RTW files your installation is not correct by our instructions (which requires a clean RTW/BI) and therefore we are not obliged to give technical support...maybe some will get time to look at it and see if it is anything obvious (or at least confirm or not confirm your problem) but obviously we cannot take it beyond thatas your set up is not according to what we state in the instructions.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Here's Aradan's response to a guy in the stickied TNS thread:

Yes, the instructions clearly stat that you must have a clean copy of BI. *After* FATW is installed, you can install whatever you want - since FATW it is 100% modfoldered - but not before.
    And I had TNS installed first, and then installed the Crusades over it. I did install TNS over a clean copy of BI 1.6, but then installed the Crusades over it.

And still, the game worked completely fine up until this (game) year.

Edit: Well, I guess I'm just going to fix it be reinstalling BI then. Hopefully nothing gets screwed again.
    Last edited by therussian; October 29, 2007 at 12:05 PM.

if you installed FATW over a clean BI, then how did u get the banner disappearance thingy, which you confirmed it's a Crusader effect??

btw, I checked the save game and I can't get it to CTD. Did you do anything special on the turn it crashed?

Also, there's a good chance that this is the random vanilla CTD. Do u have Autosave on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast