Thread: Problem with the Welsh factions

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Default Problem with the Welsh factions

I have played each faction rather extensively, so as to have a balanced view of all the abilities of each faction. I feel that the nearly all the factions have a very good balance, and as I play each one, their strengths and weaknesses compliment each other.

However, the Welsh factions, as I play them, I have much, much more difficulty building my empire when I play them. I often end up loosing over and over.

When I play another faction, like the Picts, for example, the Welsh factions are the first to be eliminated in basically all my games.

Perhaps its because they are in the middle areas, with the Romano-British and Germans to their east and north, and the Gaels coming from the sea to the west. However, what I have done, just to see what would happen, was to edited the files for their elite units and their spearmen units, adding +2 to their attack and defense values. I ran the game afterwards, and this time, I found the Welsh factions lasting as long as other factions. I had never seen that happen before. I just thought I would pas this along and see what y'all think if it.

Regardless, I appreciate this MOD and the work that the ATW team has put in it. Its a breath of fresh air with a Celtic setting and very unique and original units compared to other MODs. Keep it up, and I cannot wait for the next Raven Feeders release!

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default Re: Problem with the Welsh factions

Thanks for your compliments

BTW, the Raven-Feeders is already out if you have ATW 0.6 installed, what remains to be done is the full build including both with a mod switch feature.

Otherwise, well, it can vary. Powys and Gwent sometimes manage very well in my own games. Gwynedd and Dyfed got more problems however.

Default Re: Problem with the Welsh factions

Yeah, Powys ended up taking a massive strip of England straight from their western starting border to the east in my game. Looked like a horrible set of borders to try to defend, but they did well enough. Rheged have swallowed up most of britain south of my borders (I'm Dal Riada as per usual, and have taken all of modern Scotland plus a few regions slightly south of the border) though the Jutes are still hanging on for dear life in the southeast against Rheged. (Also, Mumainha has all of Ireland. I've only just started taking a few settlements there) But yeah, Gwent was swallowed by Dyfed pretty early on, but happily enough, Dyfed stayed around long enough to be an annoyance with their constant attempts to the Isle of Man from me. They eventually got swept away by Rheged unfortunately.
    Oh, and Letau stagnated for a very long time (Only thing they ever did was attack Dyfneint in Cornwall. Over and over. O_o) but they've finally started taking settlements in France.
    At any rate, congratulations on a great mod. Especially with the improvements on stability. Not a single CTD this time.